• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ways to Get the Ball Rolling Again?

In summary, if you are exhausted, like I was, you may need to consider different strategies. One is to try a paid strategy- like Craft Shows or Music Festivals- to see if that will help. It is also important to remember that not everyone is a "salesperson". You may need to find other ways to get the word out about your business. Finally, if you find yourself feeling desperate, remember that it is possible to succeed if you are willing to put in the work.
esavvymom
Staff member
I've heard it all (get on the phone, hand out catalogs, do a booth, etc)...can't say I've tried it all YET. But I had a few questions to throw out to a few of you more seasoned (and successful!) consultants. :)

My March is looking barren....the buzzards are circling! I'll be active, but as of right now, that's about it. After completing the taxes and realizing what I did WRONG last year, I want to do it RIGHT this year.

Problem is- I have no bookings. The other problem- the customer base I have is "so-so". Most of the groups I was part of last year were either (A) associated with a group who now is being serviced by one of their friends who signed up as a consultant; or (B) are in an area that isn't really high-sales/bookings...everyone is paycheck-to-paycheck, and they party hop alot! My average shows there are less than $300.... I really want to go the OTHER direction in my area and be closer to the city. How do I get there? I've only had one show in the city area...so just a handful of customers I need to follow-up on.

I'm considering booths again...but it's hard to find them in the area. I also need to be very picky this year. I did a lot last year with very little to show for it except a lot of expense!! The small-town fairs are cheaper, but my results were slim. It just was exhausting, so it's hard to be motivated to do them again! So far though, nothing on Craigslist. The BIG events (Home Shows, etc)- either already have a PC person, and/or are WAY too much money for me to spend alone. So I'm looking at the Craft Show listing sites.

Which of these sites do you use and have great luck with?
http://www.craftlister.com
Craft Shows, Music Festivals, Craft Fairs, Fine Art Fairs
Craft Shows, Street Fairs, Art & Craft Festivals and More

The "free" information is very limited. so I'm contemplating paying for a couple of months. Just wondering if you guys had any feedback- I know some of you have used them.

I may also see if I can set up my own event- not sure where to begin. I have a long list of vendors/DS/business-owners from my church women's group. I thought about contact them to do our own vendor fair.

Ideas??? Where do I start? My list of 100- not so big, and not very helpful. Everyone is "too busy",e tc etc. You know how it is.

Subscribing to this thread. I'm in a similar boat, I'll be active, but that's it. I made phone calls to ALL of my customer base just 2 days ago to remind them about my open house and 95% of those calls I left messages, got 3 nos, 2 maybes (that ended up being no), and one small sale. (I'll call the "messages left" people again next week)

I've exhausted my list of 100. As I told Keith (leftymac) on facebook, I need to make 40 calls in one day just to get desirable results, but I don't have 40 people to call!!

Now I'll be moving to Mississippi near the AFB and I'll only be living there for 3 months. I HAVE to build my business there and then move again, but I need to do it. It's going to be so hard.

Would really love to see any of the advice you cheffers have to offer!

Happy Monday to you all. I have been through the same situation more than once. I have been working my business for almost 2 years and easily exhausted my 100 - I am almost ashamed to admit, I could not even get to 50!! My children are all grown and I have a very small family. Somehow though, everytime I was starting to feel desperate, something came through. I think one of the best investments I made was the simple Pampered Chef car window decal from Merrill. I also bought 2 car door magnet signs from Vistaprint. In the last year, I was able to book 5 shows from just those and that really opened up my contacts. I booked 2 shows by wearing logo wear, which is hard during winter, but it is a conversation starter. I work a full time job and I don't want my co-workers to avoid me but I make sure they all receive a new mini each season. I recently did a Mystery Host Show that closed at $1200.00. Amazingly, 2 of the participants "won" FREE shows :blushing: and I was able to book them immediately. These were 2 who earlier had said "NO" - they do not host shows.....it is amazing the power of FREE. I explained to them that all I ask them to provide are the papergoods, beverages & a vacuumed house. I have faith that if I do my part, God will do his and help me succeed.

When I started, I didn't even know about the list of 100. I didn't have one. I also wasn't sure that anyone would ever have a party for me, since I'd never gone to anyone else's home parties! :eek: I was a Non-partyer.

I was one of those who really felt like I could just do it on my own....and my recruiter was stunned that I had signed up (she didn't really recruit me - I just decided on my own to do it while preparing for the party that she begged me to do for her. :D)

I had the roughest start! It took me 6 months to qualify. I had no family willing to have a party for me, and most of my good friends had just had, or were already on the schedule to have parties with my recruiter. (one of my best friends) I had a couple friends from a job that I had quit a couple months previous who said they'd have shows, a neighbor who did, and I forced my DH to take a catalog to work for a catalog show.

I finally got some momentum going - basically by wearing a PC button, and talking to people while I was out and about. I actually had a team that was about ready to make me a director when I was put on bedrest during my pregnancy. I know a lot of people would say I could have kept up my sales etc...during that time, but my heart and mind were too busy working on keeping my baby healthy and inside until it was safe for him to be born....I lost my team, but kept my sales by having a couple people do catalog shows every other month or so.

After he was born, I had a couple friends who had parties, and let me bring the baby. That worked out great...but I still was only doing just enough to stay active for several months...and I had some months with no shows. I just kept plugging along. It seems like, when I would feel like I had nothing left, something would turn up. I'd send out a newsletter, and get a response from someone, or I'd get a phone call from a referral from another customer. Always enough to keep me going. Eventually, the bookings became more regular. I just kept learning, and revamping, and asking for bookings from everyone, and finally got to a place where I don't have to panic about not having parties on my schedule.

I say all that to say that the #1 thing I tell my new recruits and anyone else in listening distance is that the reason I'm doing great with my business now is that I never gave up. Perseverance, and the belief that winners never quit really are the only things that I can say with certainty have brought me to where I am today in business. M director has always told me that if I do the right things for the right reasons, eventually it will pay off - and that has been so true. So, having had all the starts and stops, and plateaus in the middle, I just wanted to say - don't give up - just keep working, and doing the right things, and eventually the plan comes together!

Think about businesses you frequent. Does one of them have a small staff of 6-8 people where you could go bring them a lunch treat, or a coffeecake / pastry treat? Make something on stoneware, drop off a few catalogs. Read threads on "pampering a business".Another possibility takes some gumption and is all about perseverance - if you can't find customers, help them find you - take 1 or 2 host packets, a big stack of old catalogs (all stickerered with your contact info and "for current products, look at my website") and a clipboard with lines on it and on a beautiful day, go walking in a desirable neighborhood - tell each person you are doing a Pampered Chef cooking show in their neighborhood, and ask if they'd like to be invited. If they are curious, drop a catalog and get their phone number. If they say yes, get their name on the clipboard. If they say, "oh, I love the PC and I've been looking for a consultant", tell that person that you have been walking looking for someone just like them, and you bring them a couple awesome opportutnies - 1, a current catalog (then get her phone number to call on her order) 2, a chance to host an awesome party with both her own friends and neighbors, and new people in her neighborhood who are interested (show her clipboard), and 3, an amazing way to earn more money each month that you'll discuss with her at a later time, but take a peek at the Be Amazing brochure in her packet.As you leave each home, write down the street address and street name. Your eventual host will know the zip code if you are unsure.

Great personal story Becky!

It's true...gotta work through the "no's" and not give up. My favorite parties are those I get from my logo wear while out & about. I've done quite a few tables in the last couple of months, and I'm starting to think they are NOT the best leads. I'm heading back to my traditional manner....telling everyone about the rewards, then ASKING them if they'd like to take advantage of them. :D

Bobbi, you are a fountain of info. :D Your posts show well thought out advice and that you are a sponge for knowledge....ALL good things. So, I ask...what advice would you give had you come across this post?

Can you create a NEW list of 30? Can you think of someone who you think would be a fun host? Anyone from past orders in love with Bamboo?

This is ironic because I had this conversation with my husband and my Director last week! I have had the worst luck because of the circle of friends that represent my existing customer base. I have had new "potential" customers repeatedly cancel on me. And worst of all, I have had people place orders and not pay me! I would submit the orders so I could stay active for the month and then end up with items that either a check bounced or the customer wouldn't return my calls for the payment. I had e-mailed my Director (thank you Linda-pamperedlinda) to tell her I was quitting and I told my husband I was quitting. Both, of course, talked me out it with lots of words of encouragement.

The funny part, though, is that I have gotten some unique leads recently......as in the last 5-6 days! I have had someone approach me about helping her with her nutritional clients. She wants me to do shows for her clients to show them how they can cook healthy delicious meals at home. I have had 3 men approach me. One wanted ideas for single dads who need to cook at home or who can't cook at all. Another wanted some fresh grilling ideas for him and his friends. The third guy just wanted to stop messing up Mother's Day for the moms in his life and wanted me to do a party for him and his friends to show them how to do everything from setting a nice table to cleaning up the kitchen (the right way!) after dinner.

As much as you may hate it, you HAVE TO talk to people. The more you talk, the better things turn out. I am not the extrovert type, so I am always leary of approaching people, but you'd be surprised how many good parties are laying right under your nose.....you just haven't said the right things to the right people. Stay encouraged and hang with it. The opportunity you are looking for is out there!

We've all been there with the ups & downs of our business. Last year after having my son... i decided to step out of my comfort zone & signed up to do local famer's market. It was a great investment & brought in about $500.00 in sales over the course of the summer. It also gave me a new set of leads to work with. I made some connections with other home party companies & now we hold an SOS Party once a quarter. (Share our Successes) We are all trying to make a go in the home party market why not share whay works & doesn't work.

I got a lead from a friend in my SOS group who put me in contact with Christopher & Banks (yes, the department store at the mall). They need to date parties once a week...so you get to set up a free table & sell products or recruit folks. They offer your customers for stopping in a discount just for mentioning your name. It helps them to generate new traffic flow& helps you with a new place to showcase you stuff.

As a new parent I am so excited to share with everyone that Babies r us now takes bed bath & beyond current coupons as well as their sister store Buy Buy Baby coupons. So that is like an extra 20% off. Every bit helps. So i got to thinking why not apply that excitement to my Pampered Chef business. So far things are going well.

Remember the movie What About Bob? Well, you have to take baby steps to get where you want to go. Just one show at a time, to get more sales... leads... whatever. Think Positive.

I hope this helps.

Julie :)

Thank you everyone! I know- it's crazy...I post things to others all the time, but sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees. I had such a big argument with my husband when tax reports were handed over (I spent way too much last year- mostly because I wasn't entering/tracking it as I went along so had no idea what I spent or where). So it had me really doubting. I'm busy with so many other things- that it just sometimes is a struggle to put the effort into drumming up the business. If I HAD business, it wouldn't be so bad to maintain, but it's hard to get new business -as you guys know. :)

I'm not going to stress over getting lots of shows for March..as much as I'd want the incentive for conference. I'll be active, and that's what counts for now. In the meantime, I'm not saying I'm NOT going to try to get shows....but if they aren't for March- I'll be ok with that. I've got receipts to mail out and I'm going to follow up with customer care calls I have to make. I'm thinking of also sending something to past customers/leads and including the mini-catalog with a recipe or something.

I'll revisit the idea of Pampering a Business....it's just a hard "step outside of my box" sort of thing...with my personality. :) I may also send fundraiser info to places like DayCares, etc. I was also considering trying to find info on Girl Scout/Boy Scouts and what they need for their cooking badge requirements and what I can do for that, then contact various troops, or put a small ad in the paper about it for our area. I also want to put together Customer-Gift ideas for Realtors who might want to give house-warming gifts to clients, etc.

So the ideas are in my head- just a matter of figuring out how to make them work. I won't give up- not anytime in the foreseeable future anyway. :) I've already invested the money for this season, I might as well do my best to make it count for something!

1. How can I regain motivation after experiencing a setback?

It's natural to feel discouraged after facing a setback, but the key is to focus on the positive aspects of the situation. Take a break to refocus and recharge, set smaller achievable goals, and surround yourself with supportive people who can help motivate you.

2. What are some ways to overcome a creative block?

One way to overcome a creative block is to step away from the task at hand and engage in a different activity. This can help clear your mind and allow for new ideas to flow. You can also try brainstorming with a group and bouncing ideas off of each other, or seeking inspiration from outside sources such as nature or art.

3. How can I stay organized and on track with my goals?

Creating a schedule or to-do list can help keep you organized and on track with your goals. Prioritizing tasks and breaking them down into smaller, manageable steps can also make them feel less overwhelming. Additionally, setting reminders or using a planner can help you stay on top of your goals and hold yourself accountable.

4. What can I do to maintain a positive mindset during challenging times?

One helpful tip is to practice gratitude and focus on the things you are thankful for. Surrounding yourself with positive and supportive people can also make a big difference. Additionally, engaging in activities that bring you joy and practicing self-care can help improve your overall mindset during tough times.

5. How can I overcome fear of failure and take action?

One way to overcome fear of failure is to reframe your mindset and view failures as learning opportunities. Remind yourself that taking action and trying is better than not trying at all. Additionally, setting realistic expectations and being kind to yourself can help alleviate some of the pressure and fear associated with failure.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• doughmama
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • keyssizzler
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
keyssizzler
  • ValM2010