• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

aClassic Example of Going the Extra Mile

In summary, Nancy helped a woman get her stone replaced 2 years ago and the woman recognized her and thanked her. The woman's mother came by the show and spent over $370 on the show. Nancy received a referral from the woman.
Nanisu
Gold Member
paid off! I did a craft fair over two years ago, and a woman came by with a broken stone--I helped her call HO and get it replaced (the original consultant had gone inactive and who knows where). I honestly didn't remember this woman, nor did I remember doing this for her---it's just something I do when people approach me and need help. So 3 weeks ago a young woman emails me and wants to do a show. We book the show, I show up at her apartment (it's her first apartment and she is so excited to furnish her kitchen). Her mom is there, relatives, and younger friends from college. The mom winds up spending over $370+, relatives spend, friends, etc., and the show closes at over $1000. All the while the mother and daughter are raving about how good I am and how nice I am, and how much I helped them (and I of course just keep smiling and thinking to myself...um, who are you again?). When the whole show is over, the mom reminds me that she met me at this craft fair two years ago, I helped her get her stone replaced, and ""If everyone gave as good customer service to me as you did I would have no complaints about anything". Wow. Just because I courteously helped her get her stone replaced two years ago. What a blessing!

Way to go Nancy! Thanks for the reminder!

What a great story! Thanks for sharing!

that's great! as ye sow, so shall ye reap is SO TRUE

Great story. Thanks for the reminder that being helpful pays off. Sometimes not monetarily, but in this case it did!

That is great to hear! Sometimes we receive a blessing for helping others...sometimes we don't see the blessing...but it always pays in the end to do the right thing and be helpful like you are!

I love this story! It pays to give good service, no matter what the service is! Somehow or another, it always comes back tenfold!

That is an awesome story and GREAT lesson!!!!

Awesome. Customer service is such an important part of our business. It is what our customers remember most! Good job.

People have really long memories. In my Win/Win Host Coaching workshop at NC, the presenter pointed out that there will always be talk about your business. It's your job to make sure that talk is positive. Way to go, Nancy.

That's such a great story! Thanks for sharing!

That is so nice to hear/read!!!! It's what you hope for when you help a prospective customer or a current customer. Little by little I am getting referrals from people looking for PC and it is so nice!!!

Related to aClassic Example of Going the Extra Mile

1. What is "a Classic Example of Going the Extra Mile"?

"A Classic Example of Going the Extra Mile" is a concept that refers to going above and beyond what is expected in order to provide exceptional service or achieve outstanding results. It is about putting in extra effort and going out of your way to exceed expectations and make a lasting impression.

2. How can I apply the concept of Going the Extra Mile in my business?

You can apply this concept in your business by constantly striving to exceed customer expectations, providing exceptional service, and consistently looking for ways to improve and add value to your products or services. This could include offering personalized touches, going above and beyond to solve customer problems, or surprising and delighting your customers with unexpected gestures.

3. What are the benefits of Going the Extra Mile?

The benefits of Going the Extra Mile include building strong customer relationships, creating a positive reputation for your business, and increasing customer loyalty. By consistently providing exceptional service and going above and beyond for your customers, you can also differentiate yourself from your competitors and potentially attract new customers through word of mouth recommendations.

4. Can you provide an example of Going the Extra Mile in action?

Sure! Let's say a customer orders a product from your business and it arrives with a small defect. Instead of just offering a replacement or refund, you could also include a handwritten apology note and a small gift as a gesture of goodwill. This shows that you are willing to go the extra mile to make things right for your customers and can leave a lasting positive impression.

5. How can I encourage my employees to embrace the concept of Going the Extra Mile?

It's important to lead by example and recognize and reward employees who demonstrate a commitment to Going the Extra Mile. You can also foster a culture of going above and beyond by setting high standards for customer service, providing training and resources to help employees improve, and encouraging open communication and feedback from both customers and employees. Additionally, recognizing and celebrating employees who go the extra mile can help motivate others to do the same.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• krzymomof4
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
StephsKitchen
  • cactus_flower
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • lisasfuncooking