• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making OOB Calls Pays Off: My Story of Success

of our standard business procedure.I think this is a great idea! I always try to follow up with my customers within a few days, but it's so nice to have a policy in place.
susanr613
Gold Member
I've been struggling with bookings, and have pledged to do 3-2-1 no matter what. Well, I am glad I did!

I made OOB (out of the box) calls tonight. One woman was absolutely thrilled with her DCB and was planning on calling me in September to order two more for relatives. Plus, her boss wants to order a medium bar pan. Sooooo...I said that if someone else orders the DCBs and she passes our mini-catalog around the office, she could have herself a little catalog show!

I am sure she would have ordered the DCBs and the bar pan in September, but I'm glad I called and have the chance now to do a catty with her.

I love ending the day with a :D

Fantastic! :) I'll have to try some OOB calls, too.

at the very least, they are low/no risk calls if you're having a bad day. you're just saying thanks

Way to go!! Gotta love those unexpected things. Another reason to get on the phone. I need to do that more myself!

I have started telling all of my customers at check out to expect a call from me after they get their products to find out how they are doing. That way it's easier for me to work up the courage to call b/c they know I will be calling!!

Good idea Shawna. It would also make me feel like I have to keep my promise to call.

It really does. I have had a lot of people say, "I'm so glad you called, I needed to...". So, I know that I have to keep that promise to call them so I give them good customer service.

I really need to start doing these!

I think if we do out of the box calls we can avoid many potentially bad customer service situations. The ones where someone calls a few days after the 30 days is up and they want PC to pay for the return shipping. Then the customer gets upset with you because you won't pick up her item from her house and ship it back for her. Oh, and don't you hate to hear someone say at a show that they have this and that in a box that they never use? These calls would prevent this from happening.

Today I was a busy bee and was calling to get my calender filled up. Well, called a lady I met a few months ago at a networking event. She had said she wanted to place an order with me, but was thinking about having some sort of multi-vendor show at one point in time but she never scheduled it. Well, happened to call her today at the right time. She stated that another consultant had just e-mailed her the Going Going Gone flyer and since I called her she was giving me her order. Over $60 for one phone call! I feel sorta bad though as I KNOW this consultant but she stated it was fine because she never even met the other consultant and had no clue how she got on her mailing list. It goes to show you though, DON'T just send out e-mails to your customers!!! Follow up with ALL of them with a personal phone call from YOU!!! :)

Way to go, Susan! Happy Dance for you!!!

I love OOB calls and the (big) MAC calls- those always result in something! :)

smspamperedchef said:
Today I was a busy bee and was calling to get my calender filled up. Well, called a lady I met a few months ago at a networking event. She had said she wanted to place an order with me, but was thinking about having some sort of multi-vendor show at one point in time but she never scheduled it. Well, happened to call her today at the right time. She stated that another consultant had just e-mailed her the Going Going Gone flyer and since I called her she was giving me her order. Over $60 for one phone call! I feel sorta bad though as I KNOW this consultant but she stated it was fine because she never even met the other consultant and had no clue how she got on her mailing list. It goes to show you though, DON'T just send out e-mails to your customers!!! Follow up with ALL of them with a personal phone call from YOU!!! :)

I need this hammered into my head!~

My director was telling me that she tells her customers to be expecting a call from her a few days after their item arrives. She doesn't call with in 7 days, she will give them a free SBRC. She said she only gave away a few before she made it part of her routine.

OK, I'm a dork and really new, but what is OOB calling, what is a DCB and what is SBRC. Been trying to figure it out, but I can't put the letters together (except where you said what OOB stands for, but not what it actually is) Sorry I'm lost.

you are really new, not a dork. i am too lazy to type

OOB: out of the box
DCB: Deep covered baker (it's $65)
SBRC: season's best recipe collection

i am still trying to figure out a lot of abbreviations myself!

Thank you so much. What is an out of box call?? Just past customers?

out of box calling gives you an excuse to follow up with show customers to make sure their stuff is out of the box. but it also gives you a chance to follow up on other things like seeing if they changed their minds about wanting to do show or if they have found they wanted to get more products right away and it's a chance to follow up on recruiting leads.

I use PP to remind me when I need to follow up. It keeps me on top of it.

1. How did you get started with making Out-of-Book (OOB) calls?

I first learned about OOB calls through my training with Pampered Chef. I was hesitant at first, but after seeing the success of other consultants, I decided to give it a try.

2. What strategies do you use for making successful OOB calls?

I always make sure to personalize my calls by referencing the customer's previous purchases or interests. I also offer exclusive deals or incentives to encourage them to make a purchase.

3. How do you keep track of your OOB call progress?

I use a spreadsheet to track my OOB calls and their outcomes. This helps me stay organized and see which customers I need to follow up with.

4. What advice do you have for someone who is nervous about making OOB calls?

Remember that OOB calls are just conversations with customers. Be genuine and confident in your approach. Also, don't take rejection personally and keep practicing.

5. How have OOB calls impacted your business?

OOB calls have significantly increased my sales and customer retention. It has also helped me build stronger relationships with my customers and gain their trust as a consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
TheNewMrsRue
  • lauradahl
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Dawn4