• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Take the Offer? First-Time Fair Booth Advice

I politely declined again and suggested they do a drawing. I brought a catalog, a few flyers, and recruited a few people. If the organizer doesn't want to do a drawing, I offer to do it for them.I would say no to this fair, especially if there is another PC consultant running there. The space they are asking for is too small for two booths and the organizer has already told the participant that they won't be near each other. If the space is really large, I might reconsider. However, I would contact the other PC consultant and let her know that I'm declining.
dme.grant
I've been invited to have a booth at a local fair for a very small fee ($25) for a decent sized space. The only problem is, the organizer told me they already have another PC consultant running a booth too (who I don't know). She said their space actually covers several acres so we probably wouldn't be anywhere near each other, but should I accept this offer? I'm brand new to the area, and to PC, so a fair like this would be great for me, but I don't want to burn any bridges with people, especially if this consultant is pretty well established in this area. I'm leaning towards just doing it, and hoping she's a nice person. Any suggestions?
Also, this would be my first fair so what do I bring? I was thinking just a small setup of most of the basics/ most popular items, plenty of catalogs and order forms, recruiting flyers, and of course my open calendar :)thumbup:).
I'm supposed to let the organizer know by Friday so any help/ideas would be helpful.

Thanks!!

shame on the organizer...what organizers of these types of events don't realize is that booths for DS companies are more about the contacts than about the sales. You do a booth like this to gather names, make personal contacts, and book shows. Any sales are secondary. If there are more than one booth of the same company, and both have a drawing of some sort, people will fill out drawing slips for both. Then they'll receive phone calls from both consultants, and it can get very frustrating...

So, long story long, graciously decline, then explain WHY you're declining so the organizers don't make the same mistake. I would also contact the other consultant and let her know that this is happening so she can contact the organizer herself and prevent this from happening...

I've been in this situation before (two different TPC booths at an event), and it never works out good for either party...

HTH!

If you know that there is going to be another PC person there for sure, I'd say no.

If it's several acres, I would say yes. Just ask to please be placed on the opposite side from him/her. Booths are a great way to meet people, generate leads and get a few sales, so I would not pass it up for $25! You're not sharing a combined space with the other rep, so you should be good.

Go easy on the catalogs... have mini's and maybe 25 full size, and only give the full size to people who you get contact info from and who are very inerested. They're too pricey to give to anyone walking by. When I do booths, I print the host special for the next month and give them out. People also use recipe cards. I also have one calalog cut up in plastic sleeves in a notebook, and this is the main catty on the table for people to flip thru.

Also, do a drawing for something (free cooking show or $20-30 item). Do you have plenty of survey slips? I wish you the very best of luck with it!

Save your money and do another fair !!! You will end up having hard feelings with the other consultant and that is not a good thing to do . This time of year you will find many fairs for that price , Be sure to ask that you are the only PC person at the fair when talking to the planner

usually, organizers don't have 2 people selling the same thing... I've been told no before because they already have a PC person... So that's strange.... I would not do it... I would look for another fair...

OK, so I contacted the organizer and told her thank you, but no I couldn't do it and told her that I didn't want to step on the toes of the other consultant. Then, I got information about 2 other fairs, one in Oct., and one in Nov. I'm really hoping the November one works out since I saw on here about a "12 days of Christmas" show and I think that might be a great place to get hosts for a competition like that. What do you think?

I always decline if there is another PC consultant. As a matter of fact, thanks to CS I make sure to ask if they offer exclusivity. If they don't, I wish them the best but decline to participate.

I never do a booth if I know there's another PC person and I ask if they allow more than one of the same thing before I commit. That being said, our town does a festival every year and for several years I was the only PC person. Then new organizers took over and without tellling us allowed 3 PC people! The event is a 2 block stretch with one perpendicular block also full of vendors. I was very upset (I always sign up the first day allowed) but I have to say that I still got as much business as other years so it really didn't hurt me. The following year there was just me so I think they changed the rules back.

It depends on the size of the venue but for the most part I'd say don't do it. In your case, it sounds like a large area and it's only $25 so I might just do that one if they assured me that I would be far apart from the other PC person.

1. Should I take the offer to participate in a first-time fair booth?

This ultimately depends on your goals and the resources you have available. Participating in a fair booth can be a great opportunity to promote your business and products, but it also requires time, money, and effort. Consider your budget, target audience, and potential return on investment before making a decision.

2. How can I make the most of my first-time fair booth?

Research the fair beforehand to understand the audience and competition. Plan your booth layout and design to attract attention and showcase your products effectively. Offer promotions or giveaways to entice visitors. Be friendly and engaging with potential customers and have plenty of business cards or brochures available.

3. What should I bring to my first-time fair booth?

Apart from your products, you should have essential supplies such as a tablecloth, signage, business cards, brochures or flyers, a cash box and change, and a way to capture customer information like a sign-up sheet or digital form. You may also want to consider bringing snacks, water, and comfortable shoes for yourself.

4. How can I attract customers to my first-time fair booth?

Besides having an eye-catching booth design, you can attract customers by promoting your participation in the fair beforehand through social media, email marketing, or word of mouth. Offering special discounts or promotions exclusive to the fair can also entice customers to visit your booth. Additionally, having visually appealing and high-quality products on display can attract potential buyers.

5. What are some common mistakes to avoid when participating in a first-time fair booth?

Some common mistakes include not researching the fair beforehand, not having a well-planned booth layout, and not engaging with potential customers. It's also essential to have enough inventory and supplies, as well as a way to accept payments. Lastly, not following up with potential customers after the fair can be a missed opportunity to convert leads into sales.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wr4282
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • grins88
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Grandmarita
  • Sjh5001