• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Just Got a Call About a Spring Fling

In summary, a friend just called me to see if I would be interested in setting up a table at her daughter's school Spring Fling in a few weeks. I jumped on it (it's only $25, and I can bring my own tables and be as big or small as I want). I also make and sell jewelry as a hobby, so I'm going to do a jewelry table display as well. My plan is to take 2 tables (one for jewelry and one for PC), but do them together as one "booth". My question is this....I have never done a table before (I am brand new!!!), so what do you guys do when you do a table at any kind of
grins88
A friend just called me to see if I would be interested in setting up a table at her daughter's school Spring Fling in a few weeks. I jumped on it (it's only $25, and I can bring my own tables and be as big or small as I want). I also make and sell jewelry as a hobby, so I'm going to do a jewelry table display as well. My plan is to take 2 tables (one for jewelry and one for PC), but do them together as one "booth". My question is this....I have never done a table before (I am brand new!!!), so what do you guys do when you do a table at any kind of fair. This should be a fairly busy event with parents and teachers, so great opportunity for leads. I just don't know how to set up my table, what to take, etc. I am thinking that if I can get enough orders, I will turn it into a catalog show, but I need ideas. I need to 1) get people's interest, and 2) promote orders, bookings, registries, etc. Could I set up some kind of game? Maybe a giveaway??? My friend said they also do a silent auction at the end. I am thinking that maybe I should donate something to that. Possibly a batter bowl, some spoons and a GC? Any advice is welcome, and if anyone has any photos of booths they have done, that would be great!!!

You might want to bring a friend to do your jewelry table for you. I believe that it's in our policy guide that while you're actively selling (at a booth or show) Pampered Chef products you cannot be endorsing or selling any other product.

For booth pictures, check out this thread:

http://www.chefsuccess.com/f52/booth-photos-feel-free-post-your-photos-too-58011/

As for the restriction on other products, this is what the consultant agreement says:

I will demonstrate or sell only Company products at Cooking Shows. I will not demonstrate or sell any other services and/or products, including any products made personally by me, as part of my Pampered Chef® business, at any Cooking Show or at a Company-sponsored event or meeting.

It does say Cooking Shows, so on a technicality, you might be able to combine the tables, but personally I would not.

Be sure to bring Fundraiser information and display that at the table! Your booth is going to be at a school, and there will be parents of kids that are in all sorts of group organizations. The fundraising could be a big thing for a school booth.

Thanks....I should have mentioned that my sister is going to probably go with me to help, so she will most likely man the jewelry table, and I will be there to answer any questions about composition, etc. So, technically, that should not be violating the agreement since I will have another person for the jewelry table, right? And both tables are going to be treated separately, they will just be placed together since I am only being charged one booth fee.
I was definitely planning to bring along fundraiser info. I think I just need to work on organizing my materials so it's not just a table with a bunch of pamphlets and flyers.

Take the highest priced items from your New Consultant's kit. Use the Cookie rack to give your display some height, or drape a box so you have two or three levels in your display. A solid color table cloth distracts less from your products. Try to include Cookware; Simple Additions; Stoneware and our Forged Cutlery. If you have any LOGO wear, be sure to wear it proudly. It does get people's attention. If you have some recipe cards that you can stamp, they will attract folks, and be keepers. Use our Survey forms for a drawing. You don't have to tell them it will be for a Season's Best, and you don't have to give away the store, so to speak, by making it a bigger item. Be sure to take pictures of your booth for future reference. You could create a backdrop for your space, if you get a spot against a wall, by using the triple fold
cardboard display boards. They are sold at most stationery stores and Wal-Mart.
They generally have a white surface, and you can tape on our Host and Guest specials for the next three months, or a Recruiting and Fundraising flyer.

1. What is a "Spring Fling" event?

A "Spring Fling" event is a fun and interactive cooking party hosted by a Pampered Chef consultant. It's a great way to gather friends and family together to learn new recipes and try out Pampered Chef products.

2. Who can attend a "Spring Fling" event?

Anyone can attend a "Spring Fling" event! These parties are open to anyone interested in cooking, trying new recipes, and learning more about Pampered Chef products. You can also bring a friend or two to join in on the fun.

3. What happens at a "Spring Fling" event?

At a "Spring Fling" event, the Pampered Chef consultant will demonstrate how to use various Pampered Chef products to create delicious recipes. Attendees will have the opportunity to sample the dishes and ask any questions they may have. There may also be games and prizes for guests to win.

4. Is there a cost to attend a "Spring Fling" event?

No, there is no cost to attend a "Spring Fling" event. It's completely free to come and learn more about Pampered Chef products and try out some tasty recipes.

5. How can I host my own "Spring Fling" event?

If you're interested in hosting a "Spring Fling" event, simply contact a Pampered Chef consultant and they will help you plan and host the event. As a host, you can earn discounts and free products based on the sales at your party. It's a great way to get your friends together and earn some great Pampered Chef products at the same time!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCMelissa
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • robochick84
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
robochick84
  • pampered2007