• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Participate in a Street Fair?

In summary, Kelly is offering to share her table with her friend, Jennie. They are charging $125 for the 10am-5pm duration. Jennie is considering this offer, but is worried that it is too expensive. All of the advice given is about how festivals are a great way to get leads and bookings, and how spending less than $75 on a one-day fair is a good practice.
SusanBP0129
I am debating whether or not to do a street fair. My friend just started selling Home Interiors and she approached me about splitting the table with her. It's 10am - 5pm. $125.00 Any thoughts? Advice?

if you're splittng it that's a decent price. i try not to spend more than $75 for just a one day fair.

Fairs and Festivals are a great way to get a lot of leads. I usually have a drawing for $50 GC (mine own, not PC). Everyone who fills out a entry slip wins a "free" Cooking show and one the GC. I just tell them they that although they did not win the GC, they were the winner of one of my 10 free cooking shows.

I average 2 bookings on the spot and several more that need to check schedules and book later.

This is also a great venue to get recruiting leads. I have not had anyone sign yet, but do have several leads from fairs.

Good luck

Oops - I have more.

$125 is what I pay for the one-day festival that I do. The first year I did it by myself, last year I opened it up to other consultants and took the entry fee and the GC cost, divided it by the number of shifts and that was the fee for each consultant to work. Working an entire day by yourself, in the sun on your feet is difficult. I only had one taker to work with me so I opened by myself, overlapped mid-day with another consultant, and had the last couple of hours and clean up by myself. It was beneficial for both of us.

Thanks! I think I may go for it! It is in mid September, so hopefully it won't be too hot!

Geez, you guys are big spenders! I am hemming and hawing about spending $40 for 2 days! Of course, I'm cheap cheap cheap! I know that if I get one booking, I paid for it, though!

I also do a 3 day festival in my town. The normal fee including electric connection is $400. But I joined the chamber of commerce and now pay $210. If you break the day down into 2 to 3 hour shifts and get other consultants to work, it works to be about $40/shift (including raffle prizes). With the bookings and leads you can get in just one shift $40 is so worth every penny.

Sk8Mom209 said:
Everyone who fills out a entry slip wins a "free" Cooking show and one the GC. I just tell them they that although they did not win the GC, they were the winner of one of my 10 free cooking shows.
Good luck

May I ask how you do a FREE cooking show? What do you mean by this? This sounds like a good idea to use in the rural area I am in to get bookings.

Thanks,

Kelly

a free cooking show is when you provide all the ingrediants for the recipe, ans some people also do all the paper products

Thanks Jennie,

I am still so new to this, there is so much to learn. Going to conference got me on a roll and I am wanting to try many different avenues.

Kelly

Related to Should I Participate in a Street Fair?

1. Should I do a street fair as a Pampered Chef consultant?

It ultimately depends on your individual goals and preferences. Street fairs can be a great opportunity to showcase your products and reach a large audience. However, they also require a significant time commitment and may have associated fees. Consider if the potential benefits align with your business goals before deciding to participate.

2. How do I choose the right street fair for my business?

Research various street fairs in your area and consider factors such as the target audience, location, and cost. Look for events that align with your target market and have a good reputation. You may also want to consider reaching out to other Pampered Chef consultants to see which fairs they have had success with.

3. What should I bring to a street fair as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Make sure to bring plenty of samples, catalogs, order forms, and business cards to hand out to potential customers. It's also a good idea to have some of your top-selling products on display for people to see and touch. Be sure to have enough inventory on hand to fulfill any orders that may come in.

4. How do I make the most of my time at a street fair as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Be sure to engage with potential customers and offer product demonstrations and samples. Consider offering a special deal or discount for those who make a purchase at the fair. Also, collect contact information from interested individuals to follow up with them after the event.

5. Are there any tips for a successful street fair experience as a Pampered Chef consultant?

First, be sure to arrive early and set up your booth in an inviting and visually appealing way. Engage with passersby and be friendly and approachable. Also, be prepared for any weather conditions and have a plan in place for handling payments and orders. Lastly, be sure to follow up with any potential customers after the fair to continue building relationships and potential sales.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
saleenkitchen
Replies
Views
mommyhugz1978
  • grins88
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Grandmarita