• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Business Card Impact at County Fairs - Address Concerns and Tips

In summary, Trish suggests printing your contact information on cards and stamping it onto them, as this will help people remember you. Additionally, she advises avoiding sharing personal information such as home addresses or phone numbers, as this may put you at risk. Finally, she advises hosts to provide attendees with contact information in the host packet, and to be aware of potential risks associated with hosting an event.
apriljc
I am doing two booths this coming week at the county fairs. I have business cards that I was planning on laying on the table so people could take one if they want. My concern is it has my address on them and I don't want just anyone to know where I live. So I thought maybe to just hand them to people who book a show or who want to book a show. I have even thought about taing a black marker and blacking out the street address, but do you think that would look tacky? I don't know what to do and hoping to get some wonderful advice from you all. Thanks

If the Fair is in your town, anyone who wanted to find you could check the
local phone book. It's hard to "hide" with so much information available on the various search engines. Only two out of 15 or 20 business cards I traded
at National Conf. were without home addresses. Not sure if that says anything but, hopefully, you live in a safe environment, and have your cellphone handy, if you feel you might be stalked or followed. Maybe, you
could reserve the cards for ones you trust, and just pass out recipe cards with your website or e-mail address, if that is even safe. I don't like to start
thinking about all those negative possibilities. Guess that is why I don't live in the big City, and love my small town.

I don't put my address on my business cards. It's a privacy issue for me.

If it were me, I would get some printable business cards from an office supply store and print up my own using WORD. You can add the PC logo and it still looks professional.

I agree with eden! I don't put my address or home phone number on anything! I use my cell phone for business I don't want my work to affect my family in any negitive way!

I don't print my address on biz cards either. There's no reason the rest of the world needs to know my home address (we are unlisted in the phone book as well -- it's easy enough to find me if you really want to, I know....)

I print my phone # and email and website.

I provide hosts with my address in the host packet, and they probably don't even look at the card anyway....

How do you plan to let people know how to contact you?:eek: Address and phone number are only necessary if a majority of the people you meet at the Fair might contact you through those means. If you use your website or email account exclusively as a resource for potential guests, hosts, recruits, then leave off the other information.

The other thing to remember is: is it more comfortable for these contacts to call, email or go online. I have yet to have someone snail mail me an order or indicate interest in being a guest, host or recruit that way. Most email their orders to me. Some call in their information. Not everyone has a computer, an email address or the ability to access a website.

In contrast, are those who sign your Fair Drawing giving you their address and phone number?:p If they are comfortable sharing that information, then maybe it's okay to relay that information to them. I like to put my address on my cards so folks know what part of town I'm in. It provides a point to start a conversation with them. When they tell me where they live or they notice where I live, I can say, "Oh, yes, I know where that is" or "I just did a show in your area" or "I'm trying to break into your neighborhood, can you help me do that?"

One last point, if you've been stalked, or think you might be, or you've received bad phone calls duie to your listing it on your cards, then don't do it. Or, if you've been burgled as a result of listing this information, or the Fair might bring you in contact with "unsavory" characters, you might want to be more cautious. It's a matter of trust. Fairs that draw people outside of your "comfort zone area" probably do not need to receive really personal information from you.

I have been putting quick tool tips or information about the $10,000 kitchen makeover on the reverse of my cards. Seems to help people remember me.

Trish

Ok so I am on the other side of things, I do have all of my info on my cards and stamps. A couple of reasons, I do have people send me checks, orders and on occasion stop by my home to pick things up or drop off. I would rather have that info in their hand from the begining than have them tell me that they had been meaning to call me to get my address so they could send me $.

The other reason is, I am asking you to give me your infomation and hopefully invite me into your home. Why would you give me info that I am not willing to give you mine. I also find people like to see that you are one of their neighbors, or are willing to drive a ways to do a show. I have had my info on my cards since I started, 2 1/2 years and never had a problem.

I don't put my address on my business cards because my hubby is gone a lot and many times I pass them out to people all over the country that I don't necassarily know.......and they know he's a truck driver....as they are or their wives. They have every way to get in touch with me.
That's just what has to work for me.

Kris

I have my address and phone number on my business cards, But I only give out my business cards to hostest and people that I am talking with about hosting a show or ordering products...... I hope that helps.

1. What is the purpose of the "Business Card Question" at Pampered Chef?

The "Business Card Question" is a tool used by Pampered Chef consultants to start conversations and connect with potential customers. It helps consultants gather information about a person's cooking and entertaining habits, which can then be used to personalize product recommendations and invitations to cooking demonstrations.

2. How do I come up with a good "Business Card Question"?

The best "Business Card Questions" are open-ended and relate to cooking or entertaining. They should be easy to answer and spark a conversation. Some examples include "What's your go-to dish for dinner parties?" or "What's your favorite kitchen gadget?" Be creative and make sure the question aligns with your own interests and the products you sell.

3. Can I use the same "Business Card Question" for every customer?

It is not recommended to use the same "Business Card Question" for every customer. Instead, try to tailor the question to the individual's interests or cooking style. This will make the conversation more genuine and engaging, and will show that you are truly interested in getting to know your customers.

4. What do I do with the information gathered from the "Business Card Question"?

The information gathered from the "Business Card Question" can be used in a variety of ways. You can use it to follow up with customers and offer personalized product recommendations, or to invite them to upcoming cooking demonstrations or events. It can also help you build a relationship with your customers and make them feel valued and heard.

5. Can I use the "Business Card Question" in other aspects of my business?

Yes, the "Business Card Question" can be used in various aspects of your business, such as during cooking demonstrations, on social media, or in follow-up emails. It can also be used to gather feedback and suggestions from customers, which can help improve your business and customer experience. Get creative and find ways to incorporate the "Business Card Question" into different interactions with your customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Leslee Casey
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • PCMelissa
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Jules711
  • Intrepid_Chef