• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Profits: Tips for Selling at Craft Fairs and Flea Markets

In summary, Tina tries to focus on bookings and selling her products rather than taking orders. She has a display of larger items and a door prize.
tinat51796
I was just wondering. When you do craft fairs and things like that do you have a lot of product on hand that you are selling? Or are you taking orders? Or looking for bookings? I'm just starting out so I don't have the product to sell but I'm interested in doing some shows that way. Thanks for any info! Tina

Tina,I take orders at summer fairs, but my focus is on bookings. At my holiday bazaar that I'm organizing with other vendors, my focus is holiday gift giving ideas, and I will be taking orders. Most everything I do you could do with what you have in your kit. Using the batter bowl, I make up a holiday cookie mix that is layered inside the batter bowl. I put a pretty bowl on top and I take orders for this (bowl and ingredients gift). There is also a soup recipe I use and pair it with the beer bread. (I used to borrow a batter bowl from my director when I first started out, so I could show both gift ideas). I'm using the trifle bowl to display gift ideas.The simple additions caddy and bowls you can fill with candy, (gold wrapped chocolates look really pretty in it.) My three tiered rack will have the cranberry candy from All The Best Recipe book, and other foods I prepare.I always display the cooling rack and cookie press, a pile of nuts with the food chopper and cutting board. I try to pair up things to remind people of the holiday season. Your director would be a great one to borrow merchandise from. I set up a miniature Christmas tree and tie our products on with curly ribbon. It makes a unique tree and gets peoples attention. I also hung garland behind me on the wall with products tied on. I hope this helps.There is a great thread someone started that people are going to add their gift giving grouping ideas. Check it out. I also have a wish list that I have out available for women to take home, fill out, and their husbands can order by phone or website from their wives' wish lists.

Great ideas Julie, may have to use some of those!!!!

I take nothing with me to "cash and carry"... to many products to try to figure out what folks would want.

I set up a display of larger items and if I have room, a card table showing off a good amount of simple additions. My focus is on bookings and recruit leads.

I do take orders too....

I get lift on my table so it isn't flat and I don't believe in just taking "paperwork" to such an event (some consultants do this, it is their choice).

I do a door prize at the end of the event. If I share the booth with other consultants on my team, we split costs and everyone has to add something to the door prize basket.

I really don't go too nuts with cash and carry. I usually have several Quickcut paring knives on hand, as that seems to be what everyone asks for the most, and they are inexpensive. Other than that I just have what ever extras I end up with. I don't put out too much money into cash and carry.

1. How can I attract more customers at craft fairs and flea markets?

To attract more customers, it's important to have an eye-catching display and offer samples or demonstrations of your products. You can also offer special discounts or promotions to entice potential buyers. Additionally, having a friendly and approachable attitude can go a long way in attracting customers.

2. What are some ways to stand out among other vendors?

One way to stand out is to have a visually appealing display that showcases your products. You can also offer unique or one-of-a-kind items that are not easily found elsewhere. Another way to stand out is to have a clear and concise pricing structure that makes it easy for customers to understand the value of your products.

3. How can I keep track of my profits at craft fairs and flea markets?

It's important to keep track of your sales and expenses at each event. You can use a spreadsheet or a bookkeeping app to record your sales and any expenses such as booth fees or supplies. This will help you determine your profits and make adjustments for future events.

4. What are some tips for pricing my products at craft fairs and flea markets?

When pricing your products, consider the cost of materials, your time and labor, and the market value of similar items. You can also offer bundle deals or package discounts to make your products more attractive to buyers. It's also important to be open to negotiation, as some customers may be willing to pay a higher price for a quality product.

5. How can I ensure repeat customers at craft fairs and flea markets?

One way to ensure repeat customers is to have a business card or flyer with your contact information and social media handles, so customers can follow you and stay updated on your products and upcoming events. You can also offer a loyalty program or special discounts for returning customers. Providing excellent customer service and quality products can also leave a lasting impression and encourage customers to come back.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jessicafawn
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
cookin to the top
  • Chef Diane
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Kate Siciliano