• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Give Away Extra Business Cards & Reap the Benefits!

In summary, this woman shared an idea for getting rid of extra business cards. She put two cards in a guest folder and wrote on the back which one was for the guest to keep and which one they were to give to someone who referred someone else. If they bought something from the person, they would get a gift. She also suggested putting magnets on the back of the cards to give them out as gifts. Another idea she shared was printing out recipes and putting them on the back of the cards.
PCMelissa
Gold Member
I am sure this has been thought of, but I thought I would share in case someone has not thought/heard of this.

I got extra business cards because of a Merril mistake. I was thinking how I could get rid of some of these cards. In my guest folder I put two cards, but one on the back I wrote in a sharpie marker REFERRED BY: I told guests at my show that one card was for them, and that one card was for them to giveaway. Put their name on the back and if they refer someone who places an order, hosts a show, or becomes a consultant that I would give them a gift. I told them that the kind of gift will depend on whether they bought/hosted/signed.

Anyhow, just thought I would share, I get so much great info from all of you, wanted to try to help out a bit! :)

Great idea! I've put magnets on the back of mine to give out to people. If they already have my business card, I have them take the magnet one so they put it on their fridge. I also want to print out a couple recipes to put on the back. That way they will always have a card since they may not have the same recipe as before.

I like the magnet idea. That is another thing I need to do. I need to go do those to give to my hosts and others!

I buy mine at Office Max (or Depot - can never remember which one it is). You can get them at a discount with the card.

PCMelissa said:
I am sure this has been thought of, but I thought I would share in case someone has not thought/heard of this.

I got extra business cards because of a Merril mistake. I was thinking how I could get rid of some of these cards. In my guest folder I put two cards, but one on the back I wrote in a sharpie marker REFERRED BY: I told guests at my show that one card was for them, and that one card was for them to giveaway. Put their name on the back and if they refer someone who places an order, hosts a show, or becomes a consultant that I would give them a gift. I told them that the kind of gift will depend on whether they bought/hosted/signed.

Anyhow, just thought I would share, I get so much great info from all of you, wanted to try to help out a bit! :)

This is such a cool idea, I can't wait to share it with my team, they are always looking for something new! Thanks!!!

Thanks, I will admit that I was surprised at the reaction of the crowd. They all went "ooooh, cool" You would have thought I had already given them the gift. I will see how it turns out I guess....

Thanks for the great idea! I'll have to try that at my next show!

I do something like that at my booth set-ups

I will put 5 mints into a small craft baggie with 5 business cards and attached the following card

This has worked a few times for me

You change anything you want to make it work for you

:chef:

Attachments

• YOUR REFERRALS ARE WORTH MINT 001.doc
    30 KB · Views: 473
Melissa,
That is an excellent idea! thanks so much for sharing it with us. I am going to try that, so maybe it will bring me more bookings. Thanks again!

Jennifer Gouveia

I use the magnet sheet that I print out my own business cards on the printer. Then I cut to size. I used to give them all the time, then it seemed like I was giving them to the same people over and over. Gotta get a little further out of my friends and family circle huh? :)

I love both of your ideas, thanks for sharing...

I have given out magnets since day one and I love it when repeat customers tell me "oh, I have your magnet on my fridge". But, since I moved, I have to get all my customers new magnets. Ugh!:(

Btw, someone from our directors loop just ordered some for us in bulk and I got $200 for $22. Normally they are $25 at Office Depot for 100. If anyone is interested, I can find out where she got them.

I actually don't put my address on them. Typically, they don't need that info. Of course, I have an old email address on ones from awhile back. I like the referral idea. I don't have ALL of them on magnets yet!

1. How can giving away extra business cards benefit me as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Giving away extra business cards can benefit you as a Pampered Chef consultant in several ways. Firstly, it helps spread awareness of your business and can potentially attract new customers. Additionally, it can lead to word-of-mouth referrals from those who receive your business cards. Lastly, it shows that you are confident and proud of your business, which can make a positive impression on potential customers.

2. Where are some places I can give away my extra business cards?

There are many places you can give away your extra business cards as a Pampered Chef consultant. Some ideas include networking events, local community events, local businesses, friends and family, and even leaving them at checkout counters or coffee shops. You can also give them to satisfied customers to share with their friends and family.

3. How should I approach giving away my extra business cards?

The best way to approach giving away your extra business cards is to be genuine and confident. Start by striking up a conversation with someone and then mention your business and offer them a card. You can also leave them in a visible and accessible location for people to take. Remember to always ask for permission before leaving your business cards at a business or event.

4. Should I include any special offers or promotions on my business cards?

It can be beneficial to include special offers or promotions on your business cards as a Pampered Chef consultant. This can make your business stand out and entice potential customers to give you a try. Make sure to include any current promotions or discounts on your business cards, and don't forget to include an expiration date.

5. How often should I replenish my supply of business cards?

It's important to regularly replenish your supply of business cards, especially if you are consistently giving them away. Make it a habit to check your supply regularly and order more when needed. This will ensure that you always have enough to give away and won't miss out on potential business opportunities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Katiechef
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
Replies
Views
mommyhugz1978