• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mothers Day Selling/Booking Ideas

In summary, Melissa is a new consultant who is looking for ways to get her name out there. She is successful so far by giving away pink carnations with pink tips for mothers to receive.
PamperedChefMelissa
Gold Member
When I was an rep for another home-based business I used to get permission to go into a restaurant, preferably one that is somewhat busy for about one hour or until I ran out of carnations and hand them to each mother that was present. Attached to the carnation is a small bag which includes a business card (on the back of card I used to put a small sticker that said "Receive a small gift for being a super mom") and a couple pieces of candy that wouldn't melt in a purse. The gift used to be makeup samples like lipstick bullets, perfume samples etc. but this year I'm going to give a quikut paring knife and SB.

Last year I did this and gave away 30 carnations and received 26 phone calls from moms wanting to receive their small gift. That's when I asked if they had a current representative, got their mailing information and phone number so I can call them a week after sending their gift to get their opinion of the product and to talk up the business of selling or having a party to receive more free products.

Does anyone else have any mothers day selling/booking ideas they would like to share to get more business?

that's a good idea, Melissa.Did you get any bookings or sales from that effort??

I did get 8 repeat customers from that last year and each of them has agreed to host a PC party in the future. With the price of gas I can't blame people for not wanting to spend.

This year I'm planning on getting 40 pink carnations and going to a restaurant that is hosting a brunch buffet for moms. I'm going to arrive at 10:00 and probably leave by 10:30 or until I don't have any carnations left. I'll keep everyone posted on the results.

Being a new consultant, I want to get my name out there for new customers and hopefully some potential parties and recruits.

That's an interesting idea. Do you base giving them to those that has children with them? Just thinking picking out just moms may be an issue? You'll have to share your results from this year! Even just getting some customers out if it may be worth it. Although $2.50 + carnation for 40 people, that's a lot to invest. Of course, one show would pay for it.

Humm.. I might try that too!! I just got my kit so I don't have anything to give away nor do I know where to find the items to buy to do it! Can't wait to see your results!

I usually get my carnations from a relative who owns a florist shop so I can usually talk my cousin into selling them to me for $1.50. This year I'm getting white carnations with pink tips. Picking out just moms is a bit hard, I base it on children with them (young and older) and sometimes I know them personally.

I'll let everyone how I did on Wednesday...that gives mom enough time to contact me for the free gift.

My cousin called me early in the morning asking if I could help hand out roses that they give every woman that comes to brunch and I would be there until 10:30. I asked if I could attach any information to the roses with some curling ribbon and she said that would be fine as long as I did not advertise verbally. I never did get to my carnations so I gave them to my mom instead. Here's my results so far

1 party for May 16 (called me last night at 8:00 PM...wants a drink demo only) Good thing I ordered the Family Size Pitcher & Citrus Press as a personal order this month and it will be here today!! :D
1 kitchen and 1 catalog booked in June
3 kitchen in July (1 is a Pampered Bride Shower)
1 Possible FR for the 6th Grade Whale Watch in Oct or Nov. ( I do need a little advice on doing a PC FR from those that have did them before. I have some details as to what they are looking for but it seems really confusing. I'll post in the appropriate section)

I think it went well...those that I have spoke to on the phone are very happy to have found a local consultant instead of someone over 2 hours away. I hope more contact me this weekend and next week.

Holy smokes Melissa, it sounds like you did FAB!! Congrats!

I wish I would have read this before mother's day! Great idea!

Those are fantastic results!! What did you attach to the flowers? Will you share?

I attached little zip type baggies I found in the craft section at WM. I made up business cards in April when I first started. Front included my little graphic and all my business information. On the sticker I put in big letters "You Deserve To Be PAMPERED Each & Everyday!"
In smaller letters I put "Call Me To Schedule A Show Or Place An Order And Receive A FREE Gift!" Also I put at the very bottom of the business card in red pen "limited time only and is valid only through me"

My Booking Gift Is A SB at their party which I normally do anyways but they didn't know that ;)

My Purchase Gift Is Either A Pan Scraper or Citrus Peeler. I haven't decided yet.

I also left a bunch of wedding registry brochures there as well. They host a wedding almost every weekend and my cousin is the one who plans their meals with the couple so she promises to slip them a registry brochure when they visit. I hope she actually does this and my business gets busy. I want at least 8 to 10 shows a month starting in June and I already have 5 including these. A lot of people want that Ultimate Mandoline in June so bookings should be pretty good. With the party on Friday, the hostess emailed me this morning saying she has two potential hosts for me so I'm for sure going to be a qualified consultant before June is over. Unfortunately I didn't qualify in my 30 days but really wasn't to upset but I would've been if it was the knives!!

1. How can I reach out to potential customers for Mother's Day sales?

One effective way to reach out to potential customers is by hosting a virtual or in-person cooking demonstration. This gives you the opportunity to showcase Pampered Chef products and offer special Mother's Day deals and promotions. You can also reach out to friends, family, and past customers through social media, email, or phone to share your Mother's Day offers.

2. What are some popular Mother's Day products to promote?

Some popular products to promote for Mother's Day include items that make cooking and baking easier, such as our Quick Cooker or Mix 'N Chop. You can also highlight products that make great gifts, like our stoneware or kitchen gadgets. Don't forget to also showcase our personalized products, such as our engraved cutting boards or baking dishes.

3. How can I make my Mother's Day sales stand out?

One way to make your sales stand out is by offering special deals or bundles specifically for Mother's Day. This could include a gift set with a variety of Pampered Chef products or a discount on a popular item. You can also offer personalized gift wrapping or customized recipes to make your customers feel extra special.

4. What are some creative ways to book parties for Mother's Day?

One creative way to book parties for Mother's Day is by offering a "Mother-Daughter" or "Mother-Son" cooking party. This can be a fun and unique way for families to spend time together and learn new recipes. You can also offer a "Girls' Night In" or "Mom's Night Out" party, where moms can relax and enjoy a fun cooking demonstration with friends.

5. How can I promote my Mother's Day sales to my current customers?

You can promote your Mother's Day sales to your current customers by sending out a special email or newsletter with your Mother's Day offers. You can also create a social media post or video showcasing your products and promoting your Mother's Day deals. Additionally, you can offer a referral program where current customers can receive a discount on their next purchase for referring a friend who makes a Mother's Day purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Pedey
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • raebates
  • Bookings, Sales, Shows, Booths etc
Replies
Views
raebates
  • pampchefsarah