• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Does Anyone Get Bookings at Fair?

In summary, if you're looking for a small town event with a few vendors and a local dance studio, this is a great opportunity. You can get bookings by doing a food demo and giving away recipe cards.
KellyRedHead
Hi Everyone!

I have a friend who is putting on a "Home Town Day" in a small town about 10 mins from me. This is something like a little fair with maybe 15-20 vendors and the town sells fried dough, the local dance studio puts on a show etc...

I was wondering if any of you have ever been to something like this, and if so have you gotten many bookings from it?? Not sure if I want to spend the day there for little to no leads. I have heard many people say the the "Kitchen Show" is the heart of our business and that is where most of our leads come from.

Maybe I am already talking myself out of doing it, but I really need to hear others opinions.

She called me today about it and the show is tomorrow, so any help soon would be great.

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

Kelly

KellyRedHead said:
Hi Everyone!

I have a friend who is putting on a "Home Town Day" in a small town about 10 mins from me. This is something like a little fair with maybe 15-20 vendors and the town sells fried dough, the local dance studio puts on a show etc...

I was wondering if any of you have ever been to something like this, and if so have you gotten many bookings from it?? Not sure if I want to spend the day there for little to no leads. I have heard many people say the the "Kitchen Show" is the heart of our business and that is where most of our leads come from.

Maybe I am already talking myself out of doing it, but I really need to hear others opinions.

She called me today about it and the show is tomorrow, so any help soon would be great.

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

Kelly

I always get about 5 bookings and a few potential recruits! I have them fill out a drawing form for a chance to win a free $15 gift card & also 5 FREE cooking shows. I then pick one, offer the the opportunity to double it if they have a cooking show. I then call everyone to announce they have won a free cooking show! lol.

I also sell tickets $2 each or 3 for $5.... for a "Winner takes ALL drawing". Full amount to be awarded to one winner who must use it towards a PC shopping spree within a week.

Good luck! I say do it. What do you have to lose? Bring some candies to lure them in.

Yes!!You'll get bookings if that's what you go there to do. Show Very Little Product - only your starter kit (why - to entice people to join the opportunity) and the current and next month specials.

Do a simple food demo if you want. I'm doing lemonade with the USG at my next month, and fat free apple pie. (demo of APCS with FSS cinnamon/sugar)

Get the CD " Meet the public" and it gives you a Great Mindset for going to a fair and generating business. It's not about giving, it's about taking info.

I did the best with a drawing for great PC products for folks that would book a show or ask about the opportunity. Got a recruit out of it!

I don't limit my door prize to those that book--I got 48 e-mails for people that said NO they didn't want to do a show--I still send specials etc---1 I had been e-mailing a YEAR that said NO--got me a fundraiser at a group she was in--so u never know who may need something someday--I also give out recipe cards to everyone with all my info on it--they probably won't throw out a good recipe!!
DO IT!!:D

alot of times u meet people who say I haven't seen or been to a party forever--I need a PC lady!!:D

At my last fair I got three bookings and a recruit that signed in the beginning of June. Now someone I met at her show is thinking about signing too! Well worth it!

My advice is to buy the recipe cards off paperwork and stand in FRONT of your table and hand them to everyone who walks b y. That draws them in and also gives them something with your name & number on it if they choose not to stop.

Put your name and number on the recipe cards they are more likely to keep that card. I never thought to use things like the Pampered Pool at a booth but that would work. Thanks

Fairs are a great way to booking and recruiting leads. Make sure your booth is accessible. Set tables up in a U or L shape so people can come in. I usually have a drawing for a $25 GC (mine not PC's). Everyone who signs up for the drawing wins a Free Cooking Show. Be sure to bring hostess packets with you and recruiting information or packets. I bring old catalogs if I have them with a sticker that this may not be the most current issue and to contact me.

Just this second got back from doing a show for someone who signed my door prize slip at a fair March 26 and she said I was the only one she ever met at a fair that kept in contact---I will tell u the reason is because my door prize slip asks for simple things--name --phone and E-MAIL!!!

I e-mailed her the specials and when she redid her kitchen she responded!!!:D

Related to Does Anyone Get Bookings at Fair?

1. Does anyone actually get bookings at fairs?

Yes, many Pampered Chef consultants have successfully acquired bookings at fairs. It is a great opportunity to showcase our products and services to a large group of potential customers.

2. How can I increase my chances of getting bookings at a fair?

One way to increase your chances is to have a visually appealing booth that catches people's attention. Offer free samples and have interactive demonstrations to engage customers. Also, make sure to have plenty of business cards and booking incentives to give out.

3. Should I focus on selling products or getting bookings at a fair?

It is important to strike a balance between both. While selling products can bring in immediate income, booking parties can bring in long-term success. Make sure to have a mix of both goals while at the fair.

4. What are some effective ways to approach potential customers for bookings at a fair?

One effective way is to start a conversation by asking them if they have ever hosted a Pampered Chef party before. If they say yes, ask about their experience and if they say no, offer them information about the benefits of hosting a party. Also, be sure to mention any booking incentives or hostess rewards that are currently available.

5. Is it worth investing time and money in participating in fairs as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, it can be a valuable way to network and promote your business to a large number of potential customers. It also allows you to showcase our products in person, which can lead to increased sales and bookings. However, it is important to choose fairs that align with your target market and have a good return on investment.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RMR1984
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Deb Bixler
  • PamperedK
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
chefann
  • jessicafawn