• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ideas on Getting Bookings on the Spot

In summary, the speakers discussed different ideas for getting bookings at their upcoming fair booth. One suggestion was to offer a game or bonus for booking on the spot. Another idea was to have a basket of envelopes with available dates and products, and have guests pick a date and receive a free gift. They also discussed the "Everyone's a Winner" recipe card giveaway, where guests could win a free cooking show or product when they host a show in September. They all expressed a desire to book more shows and are motivated to work on their business.
chefsteph07
I am doing a fair booth w my director and another consultant in a few weeks, we've done this booth for a few years now w/ moderate success, but I think this year we are looking for ways to get bookings on the calendar before they leave our tent...any suggestions? I was thinking we could do some kind of "game" that if they book before they leave they will get "X" at their party, but not sure what kind of game or even if that's a good idea? I want the prospects to be excited from the moment they leave and want to start planning their shows as soon as they get home! :)

Someone suggested the Booking Beads idea. Maybe you could have a couple of them in a basket (or hanging on a jewelry stand so they don't get tangled), or around your necks.
Basically, some sort of bonus for booking on the spot from one of your dates.Another lady I took a seminar with who was "queen of booths" would have her Booking Calendar, and offered bonuses for the weeks she wanted...the closer you booked, the greater the bonus.

I'm doing my first booth this weekend at a farmer's market. I hope to get some bookings. My August is pretty lean. In September I have two facebook shows and a cooking show, but that's it too. At least I've committed to working my business everyday again. I was in such a rut, but I'm really motivated.

I haven't really been in a rut, but my summer has suffered just from how active my family is now, I am never home, and when I am home it's always after 9pm, etc, I just haven't had the time to make the calls and focus on it like I normally do. This is why I'm going to get my butt in gear for Sept and I want to have it booked solid, so I thought if I could get some leads from our booth on the calendar the day of the event that will put my mind more at ease. I'm also going to practice doing this more at my SHOWS...I normally take their info, and have to chase them down for a week afterward to set a date, I'm going to offer something small for booking before they leave the show (even if it's one twixit clip or something) and that will save me some time.

Here are some ideas:
-Make up a "flower Pot" with Show Dates on them and the Free Gift for taking it. On the back, have a thing for the person to fill in their info, then give them a host packet in a pretty bag (pc plastic bag with colored tissue is what I do) like it's a gift for them. Maybe include a season's best, a twixit clip, or a pan scraper. Have all the info they need to have, then tell them they need to have their guest list emailed to you by Tuesday or they won't get the free gift (explain that the sooner she gets the list to you, the sooner she won't have to do anything but be excited! - or some kind of garbage like that)

- Similar to the booking beads, have a basket full of envelopes with products in them. Have a board with available dates, they pick a date card, then their free gift card. Then do the same thing as above.

- Do the "Everyone's a Winner" Recipe Card giveaway. Have stickers on recipe cards that say things "Free Cooking Show" "Free xxx Product when you host a Sept. Show!" etc. Then ask them what they won, be totally excited, ask, "So when are we going to get together with your friends for that free cooking class?" You'll have a blast AND get xxx free! And, it won't cost you anything!"

That's all I got for now. I'm sure I'll come up with other fabulous ideas later;)

chefsteph07 said:
I haven't really been in a rut, but my summer has suffered just from how active my family is now, I am never home, and when I am home it's always after 9pm, etc, I just haven't had the time to make the calls and focus on it like I normally do. This is why I'm going to get my butt in gear for Sept and I want to have it booked solid, so I thought if I could get some leads from our booth on the calendar the day of the event that will put my mind more at ease. I'm also going to practice doing this more at my SHOWS...I normally take their info, and have to chase them down for a week afterward to set a date, I'm going to offer something small for booking before they leave the show (even if it's one twixit clip or something) and that will save me some time.

For your shows- I suggest the booking necklaces. I got 4 bookings from my last show using them. (If you need details on these, let me know.)

For the booth- I offer a free piece of stoneware or metal bakeware if they pencil their date in on my calendar at the event. I have only had 2 people ever completely cancel doing this! (This was a suggestion from my upline director. It works.)

How much are you all spending on the free gifts?

heather223 said:
For your shows- I suggest the booking necklaces. I got 4 bookings from my last show using them. (If you need details on these, let me know.)

I would like more details please!

These are all great ideas! I have a booth coming up in September and I would like to try one of these ideas! Thanks!

Also, I would like more details on the booking necklaces as well.

heather223 said:

For the booth- I offer a free piece of stoneware or metal bakeware if they pencil their date in on my calendar at the event. I have only had 2 people ever completely cancel doing this! (This was a suggestion from my upline director. It works.)

Do you have any cutesy way of doing the booth giveaway? :)

My director created a flyer for booths that has 2 coupons on it. One coupon says book a
cooking show in ______ and get a FREE batter bowl. The other one says book a cooking or catalog show in _______ and get any product you want up to $12.00 for FREE.The top of the flyer says "thanks for stopping by my booth etc."

Can someone share more info about the booking necklaces? Doing a fair on Saturday and would love to try this! Thanks.

I offer a free cookbook for booking a show at my booth. I order it with their show so it is delivered to them and I use their discount. I only order if the show is held on the date booked at the booth. It has worked for me so far!

What are some ways to get bookings on the spot?

1. Offer incentives: People are more likely to book a party if they feel like they are getting a good deal. Consider offering a discount or free product to those who book a party on the spot.

2. Host a demonstration: Show potential hosts how fun and easy it is to host a Pampered Chef party by hosting a quick demonstration. This will give them a taste of what to expect and may encourage them to book a party on the spot.

3. Utilize social media: Use social media to your advantage by posting about your availability for parties and offering special deals for those who book on the spot.

4. Partner with local businesses: Reach out to local businesses and offer to do a demonstration or provide a special discount for their employees. This is a great way to reach a new audience and potentially get bookings on the spot.

5. Ask for referrals: Don't be afraid to ask your current hosts and customers for referrals. They may know someone who is interested in hosting a party and could potentially book on the spot.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• keyssizzler
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
keyssizzler
  • Suzy Englert
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pamperedpals
  • Pedey