• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Bookings: How Participating in a Kids Fair Skyrocketed My Business!

In summary, the author attended a Kids' Fair and met several potential hosts. The author's director assisted in the recruitment process and the author secured six bookings from the fair. The author is still chasing leads and is hopeful of recapturing past success.
sailortena
Me, my director, and several cluster mates participated in a booth at a Kids Fair on Saturday. Several thousand people were expected to come to the event. We had interactive activities in our booth and offered a drawing for a free cooking class. As a group we got a total of 170 yes they were interested in hosting, and countless leads for more information about the opportunity. Of those about 44 of them were mine. The next day I started calling people.Before the fair I had only one more booking for September and absolutely NOTHING for October and November. Not any more! As of today I have SIX for October and FIVE more for November! I haven't had this many bookings in MONTHS!!!The booth was expensive, $400 ... but we split it five ways at $80 each. I hope to earn my investment back with my first show. I am really excited. I hope I get several more bookings from these cooking classes.

Last edited:
Fairs are great as long as you prepare for them and make the time to follow up after them.

Three of my recruits are the result of fairs. :) Two of them I met at the fairs and the other I met at a show that was booked from a fair.

That is very exciting. Way to go. Just keep makign those calls and before you know it you'll be totally booked thorugh the rest of the year and get all those sell-a-thon bonuses.

Wow!!Wow....That's amazing!
I am still chasing leads from a few shows I've done but nothing as impressive as this. Way to go.

I hope my Church craft fair has good results like yours! Mine was only $40 from 9-4pm but they only anticipate 400-500 people so I hope that puts some bookings for Nov and Dec. as I have nothing so far!

Hello all. I have done some fairs in the past and I have not been as successful. what kind of interactive things did you do? How did you approach people to come over to your booth? Finally what kind of script did you use when you called those potential hosts to secure bookings. I have a fair coming up in October and need ideas..

Since it was a kids fair we had interactive stuff for them in the booth. We had people working the front for leads and in the booth with the kids and switching off every hour. When I was getting people into the booth I would first hand them a recipe card I made with a PC recipe that had my info on it, and while they were looking at it I asked them if they new about PC and told them about the activity in the booth and told them about the drawing for a free cooking class. Those who were interested I gave them a slip to fill out.My director brought her A/P/C/S and we brought several bags of apples. The kids got to use the device and put the resulted peeled/cored apple on their fingers. We also had candy and stickers to hand out. When the apples ran out we let kids play with play-doh, creative cutters and the baker's roller. We should of had more apples because that is what drew kids in.The day after the fair I started calling. DON'T WAIT. Don't sit on the slips for a few days. I know some of the girls in my group did and who knows what kind of response they are going to get now. My director came up with the script. It went something like this:"Hi, XXXX this is Tena Chen with the Pampered Chef! We met at Kidz Fair on Saturday! I want to thank you for stopping by my booth. I have good news!!! You are the lucky winner of the free Cooking Class! What that means is that I will come into your home and share two wonderful recipes with you and your friends that can be easily duplicated at home. I will also provide the ingredients for your cooking class AND bring the paper plates, cups, etc, so you don't have to! The only thing that you will need to do is set a date, invite your friends and pick out the products that you
would like for FREE ! It's that simple!!! Are you ready to set a date?"I didn't use the script all word for word at the end, but it got some good reactions. I made calls Sun, Mon, and Tues and called back people I didn't reach the first time. I got the best results on the first two days, and it has been spotty ever since. Some who said they would like to do it and had to check their calendar didn't answer the phone when I called back, so you gotta try them twice.

I just did a fair got 80 leads and so far nothing. but I still have hopes. there is a few I have to call. pray for me everyone :)

I'm glad the fair was good to you. It helped me get back on track this year also. I wish you the best of luck with the rest of your leads.

fairsdoes anyone know how can you find out about fairs in your area that would be a good fit for pc? i tried bru and it was a total waste of time - my area was just not conducive to it. i did get one order and one show which led to one other - but not really worth all time i put into it. thanks for any ideas for fairs though!!

I think its called www.craftlister.com. You put your zip code in and it will list fairs all in your area.
Andrea

you can contact your local chamber of congress also

I have 2 fairs this weekend! Wish me luck!

bbauman07 said:

That would be Chamber of Commerce.

I will be doing a Holiday Shopping Bazaar for the first time in November. There will only be reps from several direct sales companies there. I will be the only PC consultant. Can anyone help me with advice on what to display/catalogs (old ones vs. new ones and how many)/order forms, etc. I was thinking about using old S/S catalogs and F/W minis. I have no idea how to set this thing up! 200 people are expected. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Rebecca

bbauman07 said:
LOL! I laughed my a$$ off when I read that! Don't worry, we all have those moments!

What to take to fairsRebecca I have nott been doing PC for very long but I try and do as many fairs as I can. I take old catalogs and put a sticker on them saying that they can contact me for new catalogs, I also take mini catalogs that are new. I found out the hard way that if you take your newest catalogs they walk away and you are out those catalogs. I also taking recruiting information so that you acn start planting the seed for those people that want more information on the PC oppertunity. I hope that this helps you out! Good luck;)

What is "Fairs Really Do Work!!"?

"Fairs Really Do Work!!" is a program offered by Pampered Chef where consultants can set up a booth at local fairs and festivals to showcase and sell our products.

How can I participate in "Fairs Really Do Work!!"?

If you are a Pampered Chef consultant, you can sign up for "Fairs Really Do Work!!" through your consultant portal. If you are not a consultant, you can reach out to your local consultant to see if they are participating in any upcoming fairs that you can attend.

What are the benefits of participating in "Fairs Really Do Work!!"?

Participating in fairs can help you reach a wider audience and introduce potential customers to our products. It also allows you to interact with customers face-to-face and build relationships with them.

Do I need to pay to participate in "Fairs Really Do Work!!"?

Yes, there is a fee to participate in "Fairs Really Do Work!!". This fee covers the cost of the booth and any necessary materials. However, the potential sales and exposure to new customers make it a worthwhile investment for many consultants.

What kind of training or support is available for participating in "Fairs Really Do Work!!"?

Pampered Chef provides training materials and resources to help consultants prepare for and make the most out of their fair experience. Additionally, your upline and fellow consultants can offer tips and advice based on their own experiences with "Fairs Really Do Work!!".

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• doughmama
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Bren706