• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Feeling Burned Out? Get Help to Reignite Your Excitement for Your Business!

In summary, Cheryl929 is feeling burned out and wants to take a break. She is trying to promote to director and has scheduled nine cooking shows, a 2 day Christmas Walk booth, and a day at the bank for November. She needs help and asks for others' advice on how to take a break and not feel burned out. Sue recommends taking a day or two off, relaxing, and then getting back to work. Ginny has found that doing more than eight shows a month is not worth it and that it is easier to pace herself and have a healthy work/life
mrssyvo
Ok, you all, I really need your help. I am feeling really burned out right now, and I need to nip it in the bud, because I have a FULL November, and I need that excitement back. This past weekend was my last Farmer's Market weekend for the season, and for the past several weeks, I have been very busy booking my November and December, and did 9 shows in October, Now, I do not even want to sit at my desk, make calls, etc. I tried to sit down last night to make calls, host coach, and follow up on recruit leads, and I just could not do it. I also finally signed #5 this past month, and she is qualified, and I shoudl promotoe to Director November 1st
have 9 cooking shows scheduled for November, and a 2 day Christmas Walk booth, and a day at the Bank. I need help fast. I am to start calling leads in November to book January and February, so I need to get over this QUICK!!!!

Wow! If only we could all have your burn out! Way to go, but I totally understand where you are coming from, I had a BUSY summer w/ PC, much more than I ever have, and I have been feeling it too...I had a light Oct and now I'm ready to kick it in again for Nov...sometimes though, you HAVE to take a break and not make that call, or those calls. Take a day or two off, relax, don't think about it and then you will be fresh to get back on the phone say by Wed or Thurs...that always works for me!

You can do anything for 15 minutes. Sit down for 15 minutes (set a timer) and make those calls. If after 15 minutes you truly don't want to make anymore, stop and reward yourself with a cup of tea or coffee or something, but make an appointment with yourself to schedule your next 15 minutes.

Cheryl929 has a good idea.I want to remind you, though, that sometimes burnout means you need a little break. I'm not sure what kind of schedule you're keeping, but a weekend away from PC (or a couple of weekdays) can work wonders. Take those days to recharge yourself with something fun. Sometimes what we think is burnout is actually the result of trying to burn the candle at both ends. Rest is a necessity.

Keep up the great work! I sort of have the same feeling but I have my eye on the prize, I want some good paychecks to pay for Leadership, Christmas, a Wii, etc! I asked my director the other day how she handles doing as many shows as she does and she replied that she also doesn't work full time like I do! I sort of do all my calls in spurts. I made 15 calls last night because I took the rest of the weekend off. I sat down and got all 15 done in 30 minutes. It felt really good to get it all done, trust me!

Sue ~ when you promote...you will need to keep a schedule like that. You can't rely on your team to do sales ~ you will find 20% of your team MIGHT turn in sales...soooooooooooo...

Chin up...GREAT work...remember to REWARD yourself for every 5 call or so!!!

Ginny, I guess there in lies the problem- how do you keep up the pace, and pace yourself, to do that every month- I have consistently been doing $3000- $4000 a month, but I am not sure how to stay steady, and I have promised DH I will set office hours, but I am not too good at that, either- It has been All PC, all the time!!!

Kitchen2u said:
Sue ~ when you promote...you will need to keep a schedule like that. You can't rely on your team to do sales ~ you will find 20% of your team MIGHT turn in sales...soooooooooooo...

Chin up...GREAT work...remember to REWARD yourself for every 5 call or so!!!

That to me is the most discouraging, depressing post I have read.

It honestly makes me think that maybe I don't want directorship - because I don't want that kind of schedule every month.

What about all of the people (Don Funt and several other top performers) who have said "Eight Will Make You Great" - and "Eight Is Enough"?

I have found that when I pack my schedule, and do much more than eight a month, my host coaching suffers, my customer care suffers, my family suffers. It's just not worth it to me.

Wow Sue, you have really cranked...now it's time to take a deep breath and enjoy the fruits of your labors. As others have advised, take a small break. I'll bet even a couple of days will help. Also, reward yourself and have someone do something for you - massage, housecleaning, whatever makes you feel pampered!

Another suggestion is to accomodate yourself to your new role as Director. Review the requirements and decide how to manage them along with continuing to build your business. Set some new goals with regard to sales and recruiting and plan your activities (shows, bookings, recruiting, coaching) around your goals.

Congratulations again on all you have accomplished to date -

Susan, Thank you for your encouragement- I am in Limbo right now, though, because my promotion is not effective until I get the call- so, I have no information on how to be a good director- I am still waiting on the materials. I like th eidea of 8 shows a month, BUT, they always say to over book your month, for cancellations- I think I am going to book 8 cooking, 4 catalog shows, and leave it at that.

mrssyvo said:
Ginny, I guess there in lies the problem- how do you keep up the pace, and pace yourself, to do that every month- I have consistently been doing $3000- $4000 a month, but I am not sure how to stay steady, and I have promised DH I will set office hours, but I am not too good at that, either- It has been All PC, all the time!!!
That was my DH's complaint until I put office hours on my calendar and followed them. We still get come calls at inconvenient times but I am much better at ignoring them (after I check caller ID to see if it's someone I MUST talk to) and that has helped a lot.

If you tell your team and hosts when you are unavailable they will honor that. Taking control of your calendar makes it so doable and easier on you.

Here's something that helped me: I felt like I was ALWAYS doing PC and so did my son and husband so I started writing down everything I did, when, and what. I was amazed how inefficient I was. I still struggle with organization from time to time but I now recognize my priorities and it has helped tremendously. I'm no where near where I want to be and I have a lot of room for improvement but at least I don't feel swamped any more.

Here's some advice I learned, and maybe you are doing this, but thought I would throw it out there anyway....

take one FREE day a week. That's one day where you totally DO NOT do ANYTHING PC related.

Sometimes it's quite easy to just work work work....there will always be something to do. Use the 15-minute idea too, it works great!

Good luck! :)

These are great ideas, thanks!!! For you empty nesters out there- what are your office hours, and what steps have you taken to enforce them? I want to set effective office hours- where I am actually working, while in my office, with productive activities (I can label catalogs anytime)

The reason I speciafy empty-nesters, is that I think we are a peculiar breed- when we do not have kids at home setting our schedule, I think it is easier to work all the time, for example, in the evenings, if DH starts a project around the house, it is easy for me to gravitate to my office, and start working again. If kids were at home, I do not think that wouldl happen.

I think taking a day or two off is definitely in order.

I am not an empty nester, but I have a suggestion for those times when DH starts his projects. If you have already worked your "office hours" for the day, what if you did something for yourself such as taking a relaxing bath, or take a walk, or read a book? Or if you feel the need to gravitate toward your office, setting a timer, and when the timer goes off, leave your office.

Shut off the computer!!!
I find that is the easiest way to TRULY end my day.
I will agree with Ginny and say that when your team is small you cannot rely on them to produce much. You must keep recruiting so that your team is always growing. This business is what you want out of it, and that goes for your recruits also, if they want to do 4 shows and quit. Their choice, but I will make sure I am doing enough so that I can maintain what I want.
Sue, when I was working to promote and first did it was all PC all the time. I have learned to chill a bit. Whenever you are working towards a BIG goal we all have a tendency to over do it. Take a few days off and recharge. You will feel better.

* Have to address the question on how some say that eight is enough. IT IS. When you are doing it consistently along side CONSISTENT recruiting. Then your team is large enough that the requirements are met. Becky you are right, things start to suffer for most of us when it is more than that. But when you are GROWING you have to STRETCH. Directorship is not a destination it is part of the process. If all you ever want is 5 on your team and then you will be content with that you may be disappointed. You need to continue to grow and then 8 is enough.
Good luck Sue, feel better :)

1. How do I know if I am experiencing burnout?

Burnout can manifest in different ways, but some common signs include feeling exhausted, unmotivated, and overwhelmed by your work. You may also notice a decrease in productivity, changes in mood, and physical symptoms like headaches or muscle tension. If you are consistently feeling drained and disengaged from your business, it may be a sign of burnout.

2. What can I do to reignite my excitement for my business?

There are several strategies you can try to reignite your excitement for your business. Taking breaks and setting boundaries can help prevent burnout and allow you to recharge. It can also be helpful to reconnect with your passion and purpose for starting your business, and to seek support from a mentor or business coach.

3. How can I balance my work and personal life to avoid burnout?

Finding a balance between your work and personal life is crucial for avoiding burnout. It's important to prioritize self-care and make time for activities that bring you joy and relaxation. Setting boundaries and delegating tasks can also help create a healthier work-life balance.

4. Can burnout affect my business's success?

Yes, burnout can have a significant impact on your business's success. When you are feeling burned out, it can be challenging to stay motivated and productive, which can lead to a decline in the quality of your work and customer satisfaction. Burnout can also affect your mental and physical health, making it harder to run your business effectively.

5. What resources are available to help me manage burnout?

There are many resources available to help you manage burnout, including online support groups, self-help books, and workshops or classes focused on stress management and self-care. You can also reach out to your company's HR department or a mental health professional for additional support and guidance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrssyvo
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • pampered2007
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
katylunsford
  • wcsis