• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Bookings: The Power of Making Calls for Your Direct Sales Business

In summary, seven people responded to my invitation to fundraise for Relay for Life. I am going to be setting up brochures, selling cookies, and promoting HWC in April.
kam
Staff member
I really needed to sit down and make calls. I wasn't whole-heartedly into it the past few weeks - but last night I knew what I had to do!

I made calls and I GOT 3 BOOKINGS!!! Yea!!!

These 3 were leads from a Women's show in October and when I called after the show - they didn't want to do anything right away and asked me to call in January. Well, they are interested!! I added a show to Feb and 2 shows to March!!!

I am new and it has been hard to make calls (esp. working full time - it is hard to get motivated when I get home at night). I have needed to get out of "my circle" so to speak - and it is finally happening!

Now all I need to do is make some follow-up customer care calls and get those bookings!!

Just had to share!! Making calls works!

Great!Yes, getting over the fear of the phone is a biggie! Great Job!

I can do it, just not consistantly! I'm sure I'm not alone on that one!

kam said:
I really needed to sit down and make calls. I wasn't whole-heartedly into it the past few weeks - but last night I knew what I had to do!

I made calls and I GOT 3 BOOKINGS!!! Yea!!!

These 3 were leads from a Women's show in October and when I called after the show - they didn't want to do anything right away and asked me to call in January. Well, they are interested!! I added a show to Feb and 2 shows to March!!!

I am new and it has been hard to make calls (esp. working full time - it is hard to get motivated when I get home at night). I have needed to get out of "my circle" so to speak - and it is finally happening!

Now all I need to do is make some follow-up customer care calls and get those bookings!!

Just had to share!! Making calls works!

That is awesome! Nothing like some successful calls to get you pumped up! Yea You!

I really hate making the calls, but once I set aside time and make the first call, I can usually continue with the calls. It just takes me FOREVER to start. Especially after the holidays. So I was so pleased I made myself do it! After each booking I ran into the other room to see my husband and clapped and cheered! Yea!

So anyone who is putting off those calls - just do it!

I 2nd this! I had calls to do and only got 3 done last yesterday, but got 2 shows booked for February & one for March (she wanted Feb, but someone is passing a catalog at work this week!!). Back on the phone tonight!!

I need some encouragement. I keep getting machines and no call-backs!

I think I'm going to stop leaving messages on machines and just hanging up and calling back later or the next day. That way I don't feel like I'm a stalker.
I made calls two nights ago and got 2 bookings! Yay!
I'm due for something to happen, I have an empty January, so Feb has got to come thru!
GL everyone!
keep callin!

riggs62 said:
I think I'm going to stop leaving messages on machines and just hanging up and calling back later or the next day. That way I don't feel like I'm a stalker.

keep callin!

Please don't do this! Even though I don't have caller ID, I think I'm in the minority.

Leave a short, polite message identifying who you are (Pampered Chef, where you met them) and telling them that you will try them again later but if they want to call you back first your number is ... And then feel free to call them back the next day.

I can't put my hand on my notes from Lynn C. (can't remember her last name either) but she is the one who taught me this method. She feels it's rude to hang up.

Last edited:
Ok, I'm going to pick up the phone now! Thanks for the motivation!

You ROCK! Congratulations! I have to do some more calling myself! Thanks for the encouragement:)!

I just sent out my news and distributed cards to Relay for Life collegues encouraging fund-raisers for their teams.About seven people responded in some way:* One wants to book
* One wants to order
* One is interested in a fund-raiser
* One said it "sounds like fun"
* One said she talked to her co-workers about it. She also offered me the opportunity to set up my brochures, sell cookies for my RFL team (or truffle brownies!) and promote HWC in April.
* And two asked me to send it to their home addresses. I am only counting those 7 on the 3-2-1. I also have a stack of contacts from my recent bridal show. My director is really pushing this and wants to give new products to those of us who do it, to make the others on our team jealous!

That's great! I really need to do this... for some reason I just can't shake the feeling and get on the phone! I think I'll just have to bit the bullet and get on the phone! Thanks for the encouragement...

My problem is, I'm running out of leads. I've called everyone in the last month or so and a lot of the other leads were friends of people I've already recruited. So, where do I get new leads?

And how late is too late to call?

She feels it's rude to hang up.

Why is it rude to hang up on an inanimate object? Prior to caller ID, if you hung up, nobody knew you'd called anyway. Prior to call waiting, if the line was busy or no answer, you hung up. If I see a number on my caller ID and there's no message, I return the call anyway. I know most don't do this but my curiosity gets the best of me. lol Sorry, I disagree and don't get her point on that one.

Call For Bookings!!!I made an hour worth of calls tonight (you know, the "maybe later"s, the hosts who cancelled and didn't reschedule and the hosts who held one year ago -- your PC discount is about to expire)....

In one hour I got 6 bookings! I am returning calls to 2 others tomorrow(they had company).

Call while it's cold out! EVERYONE is home!

Well ... I have not made actual calls ... however ... I have used e-mail and personal contacts. I only count them if I got a response of some kind.

So far I'm up to 11 and only three have not given me interest at some level, whether it's a promise to book a show, a promise to order, a lead on a craft fair!

RebelChef said:
Why is it rude to hang up on an inanimate object? Prior to caller ID, if you hung up, nobody knew you'd called anyway. Prior to call waiting, if the line was busy or no answer, you hung up. If I see a number on my caller ID and there's no message, I return the call anyway. I know most don't do this but my curiosity gets the best of me. lol Sorry, I disagree and don't get her point on that one.

I agree...If I try to call someone a few times with no message I may leave one, but I'm not going to leave a message every single time I call because I want to call them at different times throughout the week to try to get them. 5 messages in a week would seem scary!

What is "Made Those Calls!!"?

"Made Those Calls!!" is a program created by Pampered Chef to help consultants build their business by making phone calls to potential hosts and customers.

How does "Made Those Calls!!" work?

The program provides a list of potential hosts and customers for consultants to call. Consultants are encouraged to make a certain number of calls per week and follow a specific script to help them book parties and make sales.

Is "Made Those Calls!!" effective?

Many consultants have found success with "Made Those Calls!!" as it provides a structured and organized way to reach out to potential hosts and customers. However, results may vary and it ultimately depends on the effort and follow-through of the individual consultant.

Can I customize the calls to fit my personal style?

Yes, while the program provides a script for consultants to follow, they are encouraged to add their own personal touch and make the calls their own. This can help the calls feel more genuine and authentic.

Is there a cost to participate in "Made Those Calls!!"?

There is no additional cost for consultants to participate in "Made Those Calls!!". It is included as part of their consultant resources and training provided by Pampered Chef.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Bren706
Replies
Views
heather223
  • pampered2007
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg