• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Following Up After Delivery: When and How to Make OOB Calls?

In summary, the person is asking for advice on when to make "out of the box" calls to customers who have received their products. They want to check on their satisfaction and possibly book more shows. They mention a few strategies, such as asking for email addresses and mentioning upcoming specials, and also mention that they have not yet completed customer care training. They clarify that the customers they want to call are from their grand opening show and they have not yet asked them about booking shows. They also mention that they have outside orders from their spouse's workplace and plan to ask them about hosting a show.
ChefJoyJ
My first show is finally delivered and I was wondering...how long after the customers get their products do you wait to make OOB calls? I've about exhausted my call list for bookings, had a few people book at my show, had some friends who were supposed to host flake on me (for my Jan shows, so my Jan is done :(), and I desperately want to fill my Feb. calendar. Right now I have 4 shows on the calendar, but I want more!

Besides hoping to get a few bookings, it's just good customer service to call and check on them. It will leave a positive impression, and hopefully, they will continue to think of me for all their PC needs.

So...how long do you wait and what do you say? Thanks! :)

anyone?

help please...

I wait until about a week after I know the host has delivered the items.
Tell them to make sure they like it, if they want a return or exchange the shipping is on PC within the first 30 days....

I just chat and don't mention any bookings. I ask if they want to be on my monthly newsletter and ask for their email if I don't already have it.

edit - have you done the customer care training on CC?

I wait two or three days after the show is delivered to the host and call her first. I make sure that everything was delivered ok and see if she has delivered everything. If not I let her know that I will start making my calls in a couple days. I try not to wait longer than a week to make calls so that they still have time to return on HO's dime if they don't like it.

I'd wait about a week or 2 max. A week gives the host the time to get it to her guests. Then with the receipt in front of you and the door prize slip, call each person. It's really wize when you are entering your show into PP3 that if you remember anything that you talked to the customer about that you note it the notes screen. It will jog your memmory, plus give you an even better conversation starter! Then tell them that your making your "out of the box" calls, to make sure they have got their products out of the box and using them. If they have not, tell them to do so and tell them about the 30 day free shipping back to the company and that is why it's important to try their products right away

sorry, I got a call!
Anyway, just call them like I said before and then ask them if you could tell them about the specials, let them know that in February, you could let people know what's being discontinued. If you are done with February, then tell them about the new products in March. The other thing to do is to ask if you can e-mail them the list of discontinued products and what the upcoming specials are. Get their e-mail if you don't already have it and then make sure you follow up after a couple days with a call, asking them if they have any questions about the e-mails and if they'd be interested in hosting a show and don't forget the business opportunity.
Good luck:)

okay, let me clarify - this is my grand opening show, so I was the host. My DH collected several outside orders (read about $600 worth) from his work. I want to make out of box calls to see how everything is working for them, as well as my show guests. I know they were delivered to his co-workers yesterday. I just wasn't sure how long to wait to make my OOB calls. Maybe Sunday?

So everyone seems to think that I shouldn't mention February's great host specials (along with March, April, and May) and invite them to host a show during my OOB calls?

ETA - Kay, no I haven't yet. DD (11 months old) doesn't allow me to spend a long time on the computer and during her naps have been crazy busy lately. I want to take some courses during her naps this week, hopefully! :)

Oh, with outside orders I'd definitely tell the upcoming specials and ask if they want to do a show.

I was under the impression these were people at your grand opening and you'd already asked them!

(and I put in the stuff about making sure things were delivered for when you have a show you didn't host)

:D
kspry said:
Oh, with outside orders I'd definitely tell the upcoming specials and ask if they want to do a show.

I was under the impression these were people at your grand opening and you'd already asked them!

(and I put in the stuff about making sure things were delivered for when you have a show you didn't host)
Right, if you have already asked them, don't again. Just ask if you can keep them updated in the future. Definitely ask those you haven't asked yet!

I want to take some courses during her naps this week, hopefully!

One nice thing about them, is they can save where you left off. And they don't take that long, anyway, and give good ideas for word choices.

I know it's too late for this b/c you're all ready to do OB calls, but don't be afraid to make Big MAC calls (Morning After Calls)...it's a great way to mention some things you may have forgotten at the show (did I mention the shopping spree when you host, etc.).

Good luck...let us know how it goes!

Thanks for the idea of the Big MAC calls, hadn't thought of that! :)

1. When should I make my OOB (out-of-the-box) calls after delivering an order?

It is recommended to make your OOB calls within 48 hours after delivering an order. This allows enough time for the customer to receive and use their products, but also ensures that the experience is still fresh in their mind.

2. How should I approach the conversation during my OOB calls?

Start by thanking the customer for their recent purchase and ask if they have had a chance to use the products. Then, ask for their feedback and address any concerns or questions they may have. This is also a great opportunity to share any upcoming promotions or new products.

3. What if I am unable to reach the customer during my initial OOB call?

If you are unable to reach the customer during your first OOB call, leave a voicemail or send a follow-up email. Be sure to mention that you will try reaching out again and provide a timeframe for when they can expect to hear from you.

4. Should I make OOB calls for every order or just larger purchases?

It is best to make OOB calls for every order, regardless of the purchase amount. This shows that you value each and every customer and their satisfaction is important to you.

5. Can I make OOB calls for online orders as well?

Absolutely! OOB calls are just as important for online orders as they are for in-person purchases. This allows you to connect with your customers and provide excellent customer service, which can lead to repeat business and referrals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KaiKendall
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • PamperedK
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • KCPChef