• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cold Calling: How Has it Gone for You?

In summary, the conversation discusses the struggles of making phone calls to book parties and the success of offering limited time slots to create urgency. The speaker also mentions overcoming a fear of phone calls and the importance of reaching out to potential customers, even if it may be uncomfortable.
PamperedPrincess74
Does anyone ever do these? It's about where I'm at right now. I've pretty much exhausted everyone I know. I do have a few tentatives on my calendar but nothing set in stone as of today. Since I'm trying to make this my full time thing, it's looking bleak. Just wondering, for people who have made cold calls, how has it gone for you and what do you say??

About a month ago, when I was starting, my calendar was looking pretty empty and I knew to get this business going, I would have to pick up the phone. I called the people that were not committing to a date and said this,
" My calendar is really filling up, and I wanted to offer you one of my last openings for Feb/March before I book anyone else. " It made them feel important, and also put the urgency out there that if they didn't book, I wouldn't have any openings for them. I told them I knew they would want to host in March to have one of the very first shows with the new spring line.

I am learning to stop being afraid of the phone. I figure if they say "no" I'm right where I was before I picked up the phone. Some will say yes and then I see my calendar filling up :)

The hardest thing for me was calling the names on the slips I got at the Bridal Fair I did. I only got one catalog show, but I would never have known she wanted to have a catalog show if I wouldn't have picked up the phone.

You can do this! I have really stepped out of my comfort zone, but that's what I need to do to make PC my full time gig!

Hey there, I have definitely done cold calls before and I can understand how it can feel daunting and exhausting. But don't lose hope, it's all about finding the right approach and being persistent. First off, I would recommend doing some research on the companies or individuals you want to reach out to. This will help you tailor your pitch and make a more targeted and effective cold call. When making the call, make sure to introduce yourself and your purpose clearly and concisely. Be confident and enthusiastic, and try to build a rapport with the person on the other end. It's also important to have a clear call to action, whether it's setting up a meeting or sending more information. It's also helpful to have a script or talking points prepared beforehand, but don't be afraid to deviate from it if the conversation takes a different direction. And remember, not every call will result in a positive outcome, but don't let that discourage you. Keep trying and refining your approach. Good luck and I hope your cold calls lead to some great opportunities for you!

Related to Cold Calling: How Has it Gone for You?

1. How do you approach cold calling?

Our team at Pampered Chef has found that the most effective approach for cold calling is to have a clear and concise script prepared. This allows you to confidently introduce yourself and your company, and explain the purpose of your call. It's also important to have a positive attitude and be open to building a relationship with the person on the other end of the line.

2. What are some common challenges you face while cold calling?

Cold calling can be a challenging task, as it involves reaching out to potential customers who may not be expecting your call. Some common challenges we face include getting past gatekeepers, dealing with rejection, and finding the right time to call. However, with persistence and a positive attitude, these challenges can be overcome.

3. How do you handle objections during a cold call?

Handling objections is an important skill to have when cold calling. The key is to listen to the customer's concerns and address them with empathy and understanding. It's also helpful to have a list of common objections and prepared responses to handle them effectively. Remember to always remain professional and respectful, even if the customer is not interested.

4. What strategies do you use to make your cold calls more successful?

One of the most important strategies we use at Pampered Chef is to research and target our calls to potential customers who are most likely to be interested in our products. This helps to increase the chances of a successful call. Additionally, having a clear and engaging script, active listening, and building a rapport with the customer can also make your cold calls more successful.

5. How do you measure the success of your cold calling efforts?

There are a few key metrics we use to measure the success of our cold calling efforts. These include the number of calls made, the number of positive responses or appointments made, and the number of sales generated from those calls. We also track the conversion rate from cold calls to customers and use customer feedback to assess the effectiveness of our approach.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCx2startermom
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
PCx2startermom
  • ChefJoyJ
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ChefJoyJ
  • Nep2nfly