• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Make Calls on Saturday? Y or Y Not?

which is probably when they're more relaxed.Yes, I have successfully made calls on Saturdays. I find that people are more receptive and friendly during the day. I also find that they are more likely to answer the phone. I usually make calls from 10 am to 12 pm.
Nep2nfly
My week has been crazy, and it looks like I will only have tomorrow to make customer care and host coaching calls. I've always avoided calls on Saturday since it is people's "down" time. Have you made Saturday calls? Do you have much success with Saturday calls? What's your suggestion on times if I do make them?

Nep2nfly said:
My week has been crazy, and it looks like I will only have tomorrow to make customer care and host coaching calls. I've always avoided calls on Saturday since it is people's "down" time. Have you made Saturday calls? Do you have much success with Saturday calls? What's your suggestion on times if I do make them?

Yes, I have no problem making calls on Saturday. In fact, I figure people might prefer a Saturday rather than an evening (in some houses weekday evenings are quite hectic). Though, I did not make calls on Sundays, unless it was pre-arranged.

I'll make calls on Saturdays and sometimes I have better luck reaching people. They are more relaxed, too, and sometimes more friendly. I will host coach on Saturdays, too. I don't call people on Sundays, though. I try not to work at all, but sometimes will send an e-mail or close a show if it's to meet a specific deadline and Sunday is our only option. DH doesn't like me to even do that though, so I try to avoid it if at all possible.

I do calls on Sat also I dont do anything on Sun. If I get a call I will take it but my DH is like Amanda's he hates it when I take those calls. =)

I sometimes make calls on Saturday, especially if I don't get them all made during the week. The only time I make a Sunday call is if my contact has specifically said that's the best day to reach her/him.

I have and do make calls on Saturdays. I find mid to late morning (10:00 am- 12:00 pm) works best as people are still home.

heather223 said:
I have and do make calls on Saturdays. I find mid to late morning (10:00 am- 12:00 pm) works best as people are still home.

Same here (well, when I am actually making calls like I am supposed to be).

Definitely! Saturday, late morning or late afternoon (3-5). And I make calls Sunday evenings. Good time to reach people AND since most people use cell phones, I'm not using their minutes since weekends are generally free on most call plans.

Shrugs. This week I was off this week so made my calls on Monday and Tuesday. Usually my weekdays and nights are crazy so I make them on the weekends.

Didn't seem to matter. I reached maybe 5 of the 20-odd people I called.

Intrepid_Chef said:
. I reached maybe 5 of the 20-odd people I called.

Yeah, alot of people don't answers calls anymore.

Remember the days when people picked up the phone cause they didn't know who was on the other end? I think my business would be so much better in those days. Now, if they don't want to talk to you, they simply don't answer. I don't even have a chance now...

Sure you do! A well worded answering machine message can work wonders. I don't have one but I'm just saying.....:yuck:

I too, try not to call on Sundays. But rainy days are the best! Beautiful days are the worst! But the main thing is.... just call! and remember some people actually prefer text.

I don't call much on Sundays, but that's probably more because of where I live. If I lived in California, I would probably call more on Sundays.

Mid- to late- Saturday mornings are often a good time to reach people. They're up, but have not left for the day to do whatever fun things they have planned. Remember, you're not a telemarketer, you're more of a friend (or at least acquaintence), so you're not "intruding" on anybody's private time. If it's not a good time to talk, they'll say so, and you can ask when a more convenient time to reach them would be.

I'll be honest, I haven't been great on the phone much - EVER....but I can tell you what we learned when selling Cub Scout Popcorn door-to-door. Weekends were very difficult to catch people at home...no matter what time of day it was. We didn't try in the evening though. HOWEVER, the times that surprised me the most was the hours from 4-6pm during the week. We nearly ALWAYS got someone at home, and it was before dinner (we could smell alot of them cooking though!). Most people though had just gotten home from work, etc...so dinner wasn't so much of an issue.So WHEN I get the courage to make those calls, those will be the times I would try. I've not had much luck on Saturdays, and unless it's a host or something prearranged, I won't call on Sunday. But it doesn't mean to NOT call on Saturday!Tammy Stanley's philosophy that I love and agree with was when you have a few minutes to make a call...MAKE IT. If you think about a particular person during the day or anytime, then CALL THEM right then (or very soon). She said she did that when she had 3-4 little kids at home, and by the end of the day, had made alot, spoke to alot of people live, and more often than not, when she called someone she was thinking about - that person could say "I was JUST thinking about you/your product!". I loved that.

Tammy Stanley gives great advice! Unfortunately that advice did not tend to work out well for me since I tend to think of people when I wake in the middle of the night and I am pretty sure that would lose customers for me. Sadly by morning I would forget who I wanted to call .. so for awhile I was missing out. I started keeping a notepad by my bed to write it down though.

angel7581 said:
Tammy Stanley gives great advice! Unfortunately that advice did not tend to work out well for me since I tend to think of people when I wake in the middle of the night and I am pretty sure that would lose customers for me. Sadly by morning I would forget who I wanted to call .. so for awhile I was missing out. I started keeping a notepad by my bed to write it down though.

LOL...yes. That was probably a wise idea. ;)

1. Do you make calls on Saturdays?

Yes, our customer service team is available to make calls on Saturdays from 9am-5pm EST.

2. Can I schedule a call for a specific time on Saturdays?

Unfortunately, we do not offer specific time slots for calls on Saturdays. Our team is available during our regular business hours of 9am-5pm EST.

3. Is there an extra fee for calls made on Saturdays?

No, there is no extra fee for calls made on Saturdays. Our customer service team is available to assist you at no additional cost.

4. Can I place an order over the phone on Saturdays?

Yes, our customer service team can assist you with placing an order over the phone on Saturdays. However, we recommend using our website for a quicker and more efficient ordering process.

5. Are all departments available for calls on Saturdays?

Our customer service team is available on Saturdays, but some departments such as accounting or shipping may not be available. If you have a specific inquiry, we recommend contacting us during our regular business hours of 9am-5pm EST, Monday-Friday.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Bren706
  • jwpamp
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Suzy Englert
  • PCMelissa
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies