• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Just Can't Seem to Get My Calls Made

In summary, Amanda is an expert summarizer of content. She is trying to make calls to potential hosts but is having difficulty due to the children being off school. Her past shows have led to her having potential hosts for January, but she needs to contact them soon as she does not want to lose her spot. Her December show was unsuccessful and she is currently in need of $140 in order to remain active.
babywings76
Gold Member
With the kids off school, my house is a zoo. I really need to make calls, but just can't seem to carve out quiet time. If it's not the big kids, it's the small ones crying after me or following me around and getting into my office stuff and creating disasters. I have some potential hosts, but they haven't returned my calls. I really need some Jan. bookings. Some of them are people who I can't reach until they get home from work. But my evening times are crazy lately or I get busy with house stuff/kids/husband, that I loose track of time and don't get to it. If I don't have a show this month, I'm going to go inactive. I hate the thought of that! My Dec. was terrible. No one wanted to book. I had a few online orders, but that's it. So I need $140 this month to stay active.

Maybe when DH comes home I'll tell him he has to watch the kids and allow me undisturbed quiet time so I can make calls.

BINGO Amanda. If he complains, hold up a picture of Disney :)

I have a sign above my desk that reads, "Just pull up your big girl panties, and deal with it." Sometimes that's the only thing that works. LOL!

I'm there with you Amanda. I HAVE to get on the phone and get the rest of January booked. My two youngest DS' received special gifts for Christmas from the Pampered Chef fairy. They can only use/play with them when I am doing PC stuff.

That's a wonderful idea, Laurie.

I had intended to that today but my afternoon appt ran way over then into dinner and I did not get around to go over my list, I'm goona try harder tomorrow I agree I like the time off from school but the kids take up the time, I sure do miss nap time! My DD is 11!

You need $140 this month? Remember, that is $200 in two months.Go make your calls! I just contacted my past hosts (by e-mail)...I know, bad, bad...but they just happen to be those that PREFER e-mail.Hopefully I'll get some booking too! I just saw a consultant in my town did over $10,000 in sales in November to my measly $950...GRRRRRRRRRRRR...now THAT gets me motivated!

raebates said:
I have a sign above my desk that reads, "Just pull up your big girl panties, and deal with it." Sometimes that's the only thing that works. LOL!

OMG I am so going to copy that and put it above my desk!!!!

Thought I'd do an update, to hold myself accountable... ;)My DH is watching the kids. I made all the calls I can think of right now. These are all the potential hosts I have from my Nov. shows. Left 5 messages on machines. One that said not now, life's too crazy. One that wants Jan. but she needs to coordinate her calendar (she's booked another DS show and wants to coordinate the 2 with the girl she booked both of them off of). So we'll see if anything happens. I'll call the ones that I left messages with next Monday if I don't hear back. Or I'll e-mail the ones who like to do contact that way as well.

WooHoo!! I just thought to go through my fair booth forms again that I set aside potential hosts, and called one. She said yes and set a date! :) I'm so glad!

Good job Amanda. You pulled up your big girl panties and did it.

Related to I Just Can't Seem to Get My Calls Made

1. Why am I having trouble making my calls?

There could be a variety of reasons why you are struggling to make your calls. It could be due to a lack of organization, fear of rejection, or simply not knowing what to say. It's important to pinpoint the root cause in order to find a solution.

2. How can I improve my call making skills?

Practice makes perfect! Set aside time each day to make calls and track your progress. You can also try role-playing with a friend or colleague to gain more confidence. Additionally, make sure to have a script or talking points prepared to guide the conversation.

3. What can I do to overcome my fear of making calls?

It's completely normal to feel nervous about making calls, especially if you're new to the job. One tip is to remind yourself of the benefits of making the call, such as building relationships and potentially making a sale. You can also try deep breathing exercises or positive self-talk to calm your nerves.

4. How can I better manage my time when making calls?

Time management is crucial when it comes to making calls. Prioritize your list of contacts and make a schedule for when you will make each call. This will help you stay organized and focused. You can also try using time-saving tools like pre-written email templates or call scripts.

5. What should I do if I keep getting rejected on my calls?

Rejection is a common part of sales, but it's important not to take it personally. Instead, use it as a learning experience and ask for feedback from your manager or colleagues. Also, try to identify any patterns in the rejections and adjust your approach accordingly. Remember, every "no" gets you one step closer to a "yes"!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pattikake45
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Tara-Ann
Replies
Views
Bren706
Replies
Views
heather223