• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Restart Your Business???

In summary, the expert recommends hosting a Mystery Host Event to promote your business. They suggest hosting a party to get the ball rolling, and doing a Pampered Pantry Show to increase interest.
pampered2007
Hello everyone! I need some advice. My husband just got laid off from his job, and I NEED my business to pull us through. I feel it is up to me now to "step it up". I KNOW that I have what it takes to build my business up to the point to be the main source of income for our family. The sky is the limit, and as we all know...we write our own paycheck. Well I need to write myself a huge one! LOL

So my question is this... I was thinking of a few different things to get the ball rolling to boost business really fast. 1) Offer a free cooking show to everyone who hosts in the month of March and April. 2) Host a Spring Fling open house event at my house and invite past hosts, customers, neighbors, family, etc. Have giveaways and special bonuses for those that book a show or join my team, give a referral, etc.

Even though I've been doing this business for almost 6 years, I feel as if I am starting all over, but yet I'm not. Just feeling very overwhelmed right now.

So basically, if you were in my shoes, what would you do to "get the ball rolling"? Thank you!!!

Make sure you have mini catalogs with you and try to work it into the conversation anytime you head out. Don't be afraid to ask aquantances to host a party. Sometimes you just need that one party to get the ball really rolling, and for me it happened when I asked my yoga instructor to host a party. She invited everyone from class and it turned out to be a great party and I got a few bookings, that turned into a few more bookings, and so on. Other than that, I'd do what you're doing.

Step one, is get 2-3 shows booked PRONTO. Then, be certain each of your hosts is beautifully coached. In my experience, sending mini catalogs as show invites is a perfect "teaser" for guests, and I do the following:-Back cover - mini catalog show invite affixed to cover entire back cover of mini catalog
-Front gets a little label - YOU'RE INVITED! Party at Jenny's Saturday 4pm, details on the back!
...tape 3 sides or get clear mailing dots or be creative to secure edges closed (I have used the white edges from stamp books, torn into tiny "scotch tape") so none of them get caught up in the USPS machines.You can host-coach with a combination of post cards and phone calls. A very successful consultant in Pennsylvania used to only use postcards, and do a thorough host coaching AT the SHOW.Finally, do a quality opening, closing and recruiting activity, show/speak stoneware and show/speak cookware and you'll be thrilled with the results.

Thank you both for your replies and your helpful suggestions. I am strongly considering hosting a Spring Open House at my home - but making it a MYSTERY HOST event! I did a Mystery Host show once and everyone seemed to enjoy it. I can either give ALL the host rewards to one winner, or I can draw names for more winners. I am trying to encourage hosts to have their shows at my home due to our hectic schedules, so maybe a mystery event at my home would be great way to promote that. Just not sure what I want to do to get the ball rolling....Host a Mystery Host Event, have a "Recipe Tasting - Customer Appreciation" event, OR don't have any event and just make calls and offer some sort of incentive to host. Any suggestions???? Thanks everyone!

I'm doing a No Whining, Just Wine "Mystery Host" event in late March or early April, trying to get the date resolved with my wife. I've got a LOT to do to get word out.
(1) Postcard with "Save the Date!" - out at least 3 weeks before event
(2) Mini Catalog with "Party on Friday and you're invited" on the front / details on the back out 10 days before event
(3) phone calls as many as reasonable day or 2 before event
(4) Pampered Pantry type show giving folks chance to taste the pantry items - should go really well with wine!I'm not doing any kind of uber bonus... last time I gave $150 in product, but it was only a $500 show so I had to 'eat' about $50 after discounts. Not too terrible a price to pay, but I was out all the postage for the show.I did one in September but poorly got the mini catalogs out too late, and only had 3 people show up with food i had provided for 12. Kind of hard to transport slices of a Taffy Apple pizza , it slid into my demo bag and I am still washing caramel sauce off the insides of the bag! I had all sorts of people ask about it because they were impressed with the mini catalog invites.This one is low-key, more about seeing them, collecting a couple orders and booking future shows.

scottcooks said:
I'm doing a No Whining, Just Wine "Mystery Host" event in late March or early April, trying to get the date resolved with my wife. I've got a LOT to do to get word out.
(1) Postcard with "Save the Date!" - out at least 3 weeks before event
(2) Mini Catalog with "Party on Friday and you're invited" on the front / details on the back out 10 days before event
(3) phone calls as many as reasonable day or 2 before event
(4) Pampered Pantry type show giving folks chance to taste the pantry items - should go really well with wine!I'm not doing any kind of uber bonus... last time I gave $150 in product, but it was only a $500 show so I had to 'eat' about $50 after discounts. Not too terrible a price to pay, but I was out all the postage for the show.I did one in September but poorly got the mini catalogs out too late, and only had 3 people show up with food i had provided for 12. Kind of hard to transport slices of a Taffy Apple pizza , it slid into my demo bag and I am still washing caramel sauce off the insides of the bag! I had all sorts of people ask about it because they were impressed with the mini catalog invites.This one is low-key, more about seeing them, collecting a couple orders and booking future shows.
I love your idea! How fun! Do you plan on announcing the Mystery Host winner the night of the event? Or will you contact the winner afterwards? I think it would be very exciting for the guests if I divide up the rewards and draw winners. One winner would be the host that will receive the free product, another winner wins the half-price item, another winner the 60% off product, etc. As opposed to just one person receiving everything. Not 100% sure yet - still thinking about it. My biggest dilemma is that I don't have a lot of extra set aside for mini catalogs, postcards, postage, etc. So my invites would have to be by personal phone calls, email, and Facebook event. Oh, and I need to do this FAST to get some income coming in ASAP!!! I think mine will be a "Recipe Tasting ~ Host & Customer Appreciation" event. Pantry samples, punch, a short demo, door prizes, Mystery host drawings... should be a fun night!!! (as long as people show up!) OH, and I think that everyone who books a show will receive a free cookbook of their choice at their show, BUT if they book the show when I call to personally invite them or as long as it is booked before the night of the event... I will not only give them the cookbook, but also additional tickets to the mystery host drawing! Good luck to you as well! I hope that everything goes great! And thanks so much for sharing your ideas and suggestions!

I'd be honest with my friends and family about the financial issues and ask them to help you restart your business by hosting a party for you, with guests that you don't know. You might also do a Grand Re-Opening show. I'm a firm believer in transparency, and I believe people like to help when there's a true need.

I agree with the above poster. If you're honest as to the reason behind your sudden push in your business, certainly everyone will understand. And i would hope many would want to help you and host a show. I know i would do it for a friend or relative in that situation. And the other ideas are also great. Just pick a couple and GO!

Go visit or send realtors flyers offering the packages mentioned in post above.
Sounds like you're on the right road for your ideas. Best of luck, Katy

1. How do I restart my business after a long break?

To restart your business after a long break, it's important to first assess your goals and objectives. Take a look at your previous business plan and see if it needs any updates or changes. Reconnect with your previous clients and network to let them know you're back. Consider offering promotions or discounts to attract new customers. Finally, create a schedule and stick to it to stay organized and motivated.

2. What steps should I take to restart my business after a pandemic?

Restarting your business after a pandemic may require some adjustments. Start by evaluating your financial situation and making any necessary changes to your budget. Consider implementing safety protocols and guidelines to ensure the well-being of your customers and employees. Update your business plan to reflect any changes in the market or industry. Communicate with your customers and let them know about any changes or updates to your business.

3. How can I regain momentum and attract new customers when restarting my business?

To regain momentum and attract new customers when restarting your business, it's important to create a marketing plan. Utilize social media and other online platforms to reach a wider audience. Offer promotions and discounts to incentivize new customers to try your products or services. Collaborate with other businesses or influencers to expand your reach. Finally, provide exceptional customer service to keep your current customers coming back and recommending your business to others.

4. How do I rebuild my team when restarting my business?

When rebuilding your team when restarting your business, start by assessing your current needs and hiring accordingly. Consider hiring remote employees to save on expenses and expand your talent pool. Offer training and development opportunities to ensure your team is up to date on the latest industry trends and techniques. Communicate openly and frequently with your team to build a positive and cohesive work environment.

5. How can I ensure a successful restart of my business?

To ensure a successful restart of your business, it's important to have a clear and updated business plan. Set realistic goals and objectives and track your progress. Utilize technology and stay informed about industry trends and changes. Network and collaborate with other businesses to expand your reach. Lastly, stay organized and adaptable to any challenges that may arise.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nikkies
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • poohritz
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Cr8vKitchen