• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tracie's Success at Babies R Us - Tips for Turning it Around

In summary, the speaker will be hosting a booth at Babies R Us on Saturday, with a reserved table next to the baby registry and chairs for demonstrations. Despite previous reservations about appearing pushy, the speaker is determined to reach out to potential customers and is seeking advice on how to make people feel like they are receiving a favor rather than being pestered. Suggestions include presenting the booth in an attractive and inviting manner, engaging people in conversation and highlighting the benefits of hosting a show. Incentives, such as door prizes and special offers, can also be used to encourage bookings. Ultimately, the key to success is to be enthusiastic and confident while providing a helpful service to others.
tada
I will be at Babies R Us on Saturday. The lady is reserving me a table, right next to the baby registry, and putting a few chairs in front of my table for demos. (She has really taken a liking to me and wants to help me get started. I'm in SS2.)

So everything is set for it to be a success - except for me. I am not a naturally outgoing person, but I know I've got to reach out to folks to get them interested and back to my table.

I was there last month and did only fair. Honestly, I hated the feeling that I was there begging for business - pestering folks that came there for baby blankets. I really don't like "bothering" people.

How do I turn it around and make the people feel like I'm doing them a favor instead of "pestering" them.

I really need Cooking Show bookings. I've about exhausted my friends and family circle.

Any suggestions? encouragements?

Tracie

The best way is to look at it as getting something for them or filling their needs. Once you take yourself out of the equation and just provide a service, a lot of stuff falls into place. As for the booth, DO NO SIT DOWN! Stand in front of the booth. Have something in your hands you can show people to get them hooked.

I was at Babies R Us last month. It went very well for me. I got 3 scheduled shows and a possible recruit.

First of all make your table very attractive. I would use the patriotic tablecloth if you have it. Have clipboards ready with drawing slips in it and a pen. As people pass by ask if they want to fill out a drawing slip for a free ...... whatever it is. Mine was a food chopper. Then most will gladly do it. You then ask if they've heard of Pampered Chef etc. etc. Mine allowed food and I was able to demonstrate the cut n seal, quick stir pitcher, APCS and the egg slicer plus.

It really easy, I'm not naturally outgoing either but I am service oriented. So if you think of it as you doing them a service it becomes easy.

I hope this helps.

Have some really easy and natural things to say to people to try to strike up a conversation. The question "Are you familiar with TPC?" is a great one because it gives you a great lead-in to talk about it. My biggest advice is to be enthusiastic and excited! Thing about what drew you to PC in the first place! What was it that sparked your interest?? If you were a host first, think about how AWESOME our host program is!!! Your enthuasiasm will come across to the people you talk to. Try to work in something to say that will plant the seed that they'll WANT to host a show. I always tell people that summer shows are my favorite because there are so many more fun and flexible things you can do like take the show outside, do a grilling party, do an ice cream social, make a theme around the holidays like a 4th of July party (at least if you're a US consultant!), etc.

I always have some sort of flyer to hand out that has a recipe or two on it. This would be another lead-in to talk to someone...."Would you like a free recipe from The Pampered Chef?" then you can ask if they're familiar with it. I truly think LOTS of people out there are not aware how generous our host program is. That's something good to highlight.

Anyway, I was much the same way....very introverted and uncomfortable in those social situations. Boy, has that changed. So, I can truly say that it WILL get easier! Good luck and let us know how it goes!:)

Offer an incentive... last month I had little gift boxes that I got at the dollar store (2 for $1) with door prizes inside, and said if you book a show in june you take a box... I only got one booking...but that's better than nothing!

I also was saying at the end of May... book June 1st and get the Host Special Wov. Selection for $1... June 2 $2,... etc. and got a June 4th show and June 10th show.

Most people will be familiar with PC... I ask them if they've been to a show recently, or if they are familiar with PC... if they want a recipe card(..with my info on it)...
Don't beg...just offer, and accept it if they don't want anything.
Have a door prize, so they'll fill out slips... and that's another good way to get them to stop and talk for a second..."Would you like to register to win this?"...Then call everyone back! Ask if they want to get friends together and you'll cook for a Girls Night Out...and ask if they want to be on your emial list for monthly specials and recipes and tips...

If I see someone zoom past me, without looking my direction... I let them go on by... I don't want to be a pest either.
Good luck to us all!

I so excited they are building a babies are us right by my house. I'm just waiting for the portable office to appear so I can go introduce myself.

but if any of you who have done this have a main contact name. I would love to have it so I can get the process started.

How do you guys get a booth in Babies R Us? I would love to do this! Who do you contact? What do you ask them? Do you speak with the store manager? I am very interested!!!!

Yes, I would like to get the ball rolling on this also. I don't know who to contact and what to ask them. Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks bunches!!

Tracy Graham
Consultant
[email protected]

Just call up your local Babies R Us and ask for the events coordinator and see if they have any PC consultants lined up for the next event. They have events every month.

This is great info, thanks!!

Thanks for sharing! I will have to get a hold of my local BRU and see when and if they have a current consultant working it!

Do they have something every single month I wonder?

Yes - the second Saturday of every month!

did Babies r us let you do this for free even though its not baby related???

Yes, they have other vendors there too. The month I went was pamper mom day and I dressed up the table to be appealing to moms. It went great.

1. How did Tracie turn around her success at Babies R Us?

Tracie turned around her success at Babies R Us by implementing a few key strategies. She focused on building strong relationships with her customers, providing exceptional customer service, and staying up-to-date on the latest baby products and trends. Additionally, Tracie utilized social media and networking to increase brand awareness and attract new customers.

2. What advice does Tracie have for others struggling with sales at Babies R Us?

Tracie's advice for others struggling with sales at Babies R Us is to always put the customer first. This means actively listening to their needs and providing personalized recommendations. She also suggests staying organized and knowledgeable about the products, as well as constantly seeking new ways to promote and market the brand.

3. How important is networking for success at Babies R Us?

Networking is crucial for success at Babies R Us. By connecting with other parents, influencers, and industry professionals, Tracie was able to expand her customer base and gain valuable insights and advice. Networking also allows for potential collaborations and partnerships, which can lead to increased sales and brand visibility.

4. How does Tracie utilize social media to promote her success at Babies R Us?

Tracie uses social media to showcase her products, share customer reviews and testimonials, and engage with her audience. She also utilizes targeted advertising to reach potential customers and promote sales and promotions. Additionally, Tracie uses social media to stay connected with her customers and keep them informed about new products and events.

5. What are some common mistakes Tracie sees others make at Babies R Us?

According to Tracie, some common mistakes she sees at Babies R Us include not actively listening to customers, being unorganized and unprepared, and not staying up-to-date on new products and trends. She also advises against solely relying on traditional forms of marketing and not utilizing the power of social media and networking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jjgrands1
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
2 3
Replies
Views
AJPratt
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views