• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Struggling to Get Bookings in a Small Town: Any Advice?

In summary, Heather is in a slump and can't seem to get bookings. She has a booth at the fair but no takers. She was looking for advice on how to get out of her slump.
Morvin
ok I have hit a very bad slump and I can't seem to work my way out!! I live in a small town that is ...shall I say economically challenged!! (that is being very polite!!:eek: ) I feel like I am working very hard and getting no where:eek: !! I can't get bookings and when I do they cancel:mad: !!! I had a booth at the fair and called everyone and gave them a free show and I still can't get any takers!! even when I offer to pay for everything!! I would really like to get some leads in the surronding areas. I have an opportunity to have a booth this weekend but I can't find a sitter. It just feels like everthing is working against me!! :( :(
sorry I just needed to get that off of my chest!!:D

Heather

Hi Heather,

I can't help but notice your best show is $6735?!? Was that a fundraiser? Have you been doing customer care calls? You've obviously done well in the past and have a customer base!! I was in a slump July and August (after a really good JUNE too!) and I started calling customers from over a year ago...got quite a few bookings that way. I still have many to follow up with, but I've found those are the easiest ways to get bookings. They like PC products, they (sort of) know you and they usually won't hang up on you!

Keep your chin up and good luck!

yes it was a fundraiser. I have had several shows 1000 and up but never in my area it is usually in an area three hours from where I live. It is where my parents live and I have pretty well tapped that area out for a while. I guess that is why I am so frustrated because I have done very well and for the past 4 months or so I just can't get anything!! But thanks for the support and advise I am going to start going thru names and numbers.

thanks
Heather

Heather,
I will tell you what I did for myself...... I was finding myself in a slump too... so what I decided to do, is I googled direct sales compaines..... IE Tupaware, Home Interiors, Simply Tastefull, etc.... and what I offered the other consulants that sell those products...... was a party exchange what a party exchange is.. they host a party for you and you host a party for them to help build your clients etc.

Leah,
I've seen you post this suggestion a few times and I've been meaning to ask... How did you do that without all your "guests" feel like you were always inviting them to a show? Or asking them to buy something from you? I just did this - a former Host (twice) was a CM consultant. So, I had one and it was a very successful show - great turnout at my house. But I couldn't imagine doing one next month for Tupperware, then one for Tastefully Simple, etc. I usually only host a show (other than PC) once a year - and they are good ones. Just curious....
Thanks!
Joanne

I have been wondering this also! My family tires of buying PC all the time, so I can only imagine how weird it would be to be peddling all different products all the time to my friends and family. It would be nice to always be reaping host benefits though!

I did something similar to this last spring. I joined in with friends (and friends of friends) from Arbonne, Longaberger and Southern Living @ Home and we did one big Mystery Host Open House. Each of us gave away door prizes and we each gave away our host benefits. It was great. I got 8 bookings from it and a lot of new customers.

My secret is ....... is that all of my friends aren't all intrested in what type of show I am hosting....... IE scrapbooking generall that is jsut people from church, etc.... I rotate my guest list..... I know it's kind of hooky but it works.. and I spread the shows out to one a month......And I don't always do a home show... Book shows are great!!

Last edited:
Leah,
Got it. I guess I don't have as many friends as you do!!! :D
Joanne

Joanne, Between my family and friends... I could have three home parties a month and probley four of them would be the same people at each of them... I live in a small town and I have friends that like something that other dont and vice versa. :D

I would suggest hosting your own show, only don't just invite people you know. Run an add in the local paper, print flyers and put on doors (especially in any new subdivisions) offer drawings every hour (do something really small...bamboo tongs, a couple of twixits, citrus peeler) maybe do one drawing of a bigger item to draw people there, but mostly small stuff. Be willing to take orders and bookings. If you don't think that would work atleast try the flyers on doors in any new subdivisions. Just make it a letter introducing yourself and what you do. I wouldn't waste leaving catalogs. put the host benefits on it and maybe offer Book a show with me and receive an extra $15 free product value. (You can place that on their order and use their discount, so it doesn't actually cost you $15.) Good luck.

Oh I forgot....When you say book a show with me give them a deadline like say book a show with me by Nov. 1 and receive.....

Leah- does anyone get offended that they didn't get invited to one? It would be just my luck that I would find enough people to rotate the guest list, and then someone who was invited to a Body Shop party is hurt that she wasn't invited to the Home Interiors party!! But if I give invites to everyone for each party, they will be overwhelmed and think I expect them at every one!

1. What is Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef is a direct sales company that specializes in kitchen tools, cookware, and other cooking and baking products. We offer high-quality, innovative products to make cooking and entertaining easier and more enjoyable.

2. How do I place an order?

You can place an order through a Pampered Chef consultant, either in person or through their personal website. You can also place an order directly through our website by creating a customer account.

3. Do you offer any specials or discounts?

Yes, we often have specials and promotions running. These can be found on our website, through our consultants, or by signing up for our email newsletter.

4. What is the return policy?

We want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. If for any reason you are not happy with your product, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund or exchange. Please note that personalized or used items cannot be returned.

5. Can I host a Pampered Chef party?

Yes, hosting a party is a great way to earn free and discounted products. You can host a party in person or online, and your consultant will assist you in planning and hosting a fun and interactive cooking experience for you and your guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lrnchef
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pchefsharron
  • cmackey
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
JoyfulChef
  • Tig