• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Need Help!! I Moved to a New City.

In summary, it sounds like you're having a lot of trouble getting bookings and connections in your new city. I recommend attending open houses and networking with local businesses. You might also want to wear a logo or branding to help you stand out. Additionally, stop by sporting events to find new customers and promote your business through giveaways. Finally, consider fundraisers to help your new business get started.
kokonut
I recently moved to a new city about an hour from where I used to live and I only know a couple people here. I am still doing some show in my old town because I dont have any shows where I now live, but the gas is becoming a problem. I asked my mom and some other people if they have any contacts around the area Im living in now but its not going to well. Im also looking into doing booths at fairs but those arent until next month. Does anyone have any other ideas on how I can get bookings and meet new contacts?

Do an open house, invite all your neighbors. Do you attend a church in your new town? Invite the people from your church too. Do you have kids? Kids tend to be quick to find friends, meet the parents. Get involved in local organizations.

I agree with an open house, there are flyers in the files ( I'm in your neighborhood) or something like that
DO NOT leave them in mailboxes that is a federal offense

I would take the wording from the files on here make free postcards on vistaprint when they arrive staple a rubberband to the corner and use it to attach to doors of neighbors not home.

There are a few threads about moving your business here on CS. Here are a few pointers I have given:

Wear Pampered Chef logo while you are out and about.

"Tailgate" at sporting events. Bring a prepared dish to share, catalogs and order forms.

Contact local churches, schools, daycares and business offices and offer a fundraiser to refresh their kitchen tools.

Plan a "Business of the Month" Stop-n-Shop. List businesses you patronize (e.g. bank, daycare, hair salon, doctor's office). Select one business each month to deliver a prepared recipe, catalogs and order forms. Stop by the next day to take orders and pick up the plate.

I moved last year from NC back to my hometown in MA. Luckily, I had friends to help me with my first few shows here. I also did a few booth events which helped my business take off!

Thank you all those are great suggestions! :)

1. How can I make new friends in my new city?

Moving to a new city can be intimidating, but there are many ways to make new friends. Consider joining a local club or organization that aligns with your interests, attending community events, or volunteering. You can also use social media or apps specifically designed for meeting new people in your area.

2. What are some tips for getting to know my new neighborhood?

Exploring your new neighborhood is a great way to get familiar with your surroundings. Take walks or bike rides, visit local shops and restaurants, and attend community events. You can also reach out to your neighbors and introduce yourself, or join a neighborhood group or online forum.

3. How can I find the best places to eat, shop, and play in my new city?

One of the best ways to discover the best places in your new city is to ask for recommendations from locals. You can also use online review sites or apps to see what others are saying about different businesses. Additionally, consider reaching out to your new coworkers or joining groups related to your hobbies or interests for insider tips.

4. What resources are available for finding a new job in my new city?

If you're looking for a new job in your new city, there are many resources available to help. You can start by updating your resume and LinkedIn profile, networking with professionals in your field, and attending job fairs or career events. Additionally, you can use online job search engines and reach out to recruiting agencies in your area.

5. How can I make my new house feel like a home?

Making your new house feel like a home takes time, but there are some things you can do to make the process easier. Start by unpacking and organizing your belongings, hanging up photos or decorations, and adding personal touches like plants or candles. You can also explore your new city to find local furniture or home decor stores to make your space feel more personalized.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bill Faber
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • andi330
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Lani
  • cttdbreeves