• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Healthy Recipe Book for a Health Fair?

In summary, my health fair is this thursday, i was trying to think of some ideas this morning and this popped in my head, i was thinking i could type up a few low cal, low fat healthy recipes, some tips on healthy eating etc..., and putting them into a small book form, taking them to my local print shop and have them bound depending on cost, i'm fixing to call and check on the cost of this. so what do you guys think about this?
ChefDella
my health fair is this thursday, i was trying to think of some ideas this morning and this popped in my head, i was thinking i could type up a few low cal, low fat healthy recipes, some tips on healthy eating etc..., and putting them into a small book form, taking them to my local print shop and have them bound depending on cost, i'm fixing to call and check on the cost of this. so what do you guys think about this?

TIA

IMHO I don't think it is worth it....instead, I think if you made a flyer w/your info on it and perhaps say "book a show with me, and I will show you how to ____"

If I were a guest at a fair, I would take the booklet and probably never call. That is why it is important to 1.) Talk one on one with the clients there 2.) Books shows on the spot 3.) Get their info on the drawing slip (give away a seasons best cookbook) 4.) Follow up with those names in your drawing the next day.

You will get better results from doing those things then you will from a free booklet that is going to cost YOU money!

HTH!

I think it's a good idea! If you are doing a smallish book (like a 8x11) fold it in half and have them print it like a book, with stapling in the middle. This makes it cheaper then a real binding.

vwpamperedchef said:
IMHO I don't think it is worth it....instead, I think if you made a flyer w/your info on it and perhaps say "book a show with me, and I will show you how to ____"If I were a guest at a fair, I would take the booklet and probably never call. That is why it is important to 1.) Talk one on one with the clients there 2.) Books shows on the spot 3.) Get their info on the drawing slip (give away a seasons best cookbook) 4.) Follow up with those names in your drawing the next day.You will get better results from doing those things then you will from a free booklet that is going to cost YOU money!HTH!
I like your idea as well.... but being a health fair, what can you put on that flyer?

Last edited:
You could put something in regards to healthy cooking, or the apple berry salsa and cinnamon chips which is a huge hit.

In all honesty, I did a health fair in the fall, and I gave away old catalogs or mini's. Also had recipe cards available with my info on it.

I love the jingle "book a show with me and get something free" (and I give them something FREE when their show is held---this way I am not out a free item). Something small, less then $5. Mini spatula, etc. You get the idea.

I do plan on making the apple berry salsa and cinnamon chips for sample,purchased the chillzanne bowl just for this fair.

to give everyone a better idea of what i'm doing, the paper says.........you are invited to provide an information booth featuring health, wellness and quality of life issues. plan to offer a door prize at your booth(products and/or services). Particpants will welcome informal discussion and handouts.

my door prize is going to be the it's good for you cookbook

You just also print up recipes four to a page on card stock. This would be much cheaper and you can even do them double-sided with a blurb about host benefits and your information on them. You can use them at any booths you do in the future, so don't put time-sensitive information on them, such as host specials.

Just a thought...because they're cheap!

The apple berry salsa and cinnamon chips sound awesome! Where do we find that recipe?

do a search for it in the files

How about a flyer with how Pampered Chef items can help with healthful eating? Like our adjustable measuring cups and the Measure All being great for quickly measuring out servings and such. Our non-stick cookware means no need for frying with lots of butter and oil. Oh and our It's Good For You cookbook is a great aid as well! Unfortunately, I think the booklet idea would be a lot of work with little payout - unless your goal is simply to inform and not to sell or book shows.

actually i don't think other than printing, i think i have a resource of getting this done for free. i do have other ideas for getting leads, i just need something that i can have on the table for them to come by and pick up some information. i think this is a good thing for me to do, i have heard from several people that they've lost their PC consultant and haven't seen a catalog or been to a party in a long time, so i think i will get some leads from just being there.

1. What is "Thoughts on This Idea...."?

"Thoughts on This Idea...." is a platform where consultants and customers can share their thoughts, ideas, and feedback on Pampered Chef products, recipes, and business opportunities.

2. How can I access "Thoughts on This Idea...."?

You can access "Thoughts on This Idea...." by logging into your Pampered Chef consultant account and clicking on the "Community" tab. From there, you can navigate to the "Thoughts on This Idea...." forum.

3. Can anyone post on "Thoughts on This Idea...."?

Yes, both consultants and customers can post on "Thoughts on This Idea...." However, all posts are moderated to ensure they align with our community guidelines.

4. How can I make sure my post on "Thoughts on This Idea...." is seen by Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef monitors all posts on "Thoughts on This Idea...." and values the feedback and ideas shared by our community. However, if you have a specific question or concern that requires direct assistance, we recommend reaching out to our consultant support team through your consultant account.

5. Can I submit product or recipe ideas through "Thoughts on This Idea...."?

Yes, we welcome all product and recipe ideas on "Thoughts on This Idea...." Our team regularly reviews posts and considers them when developing new products and recipes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Chef Bobby
  • kreaser
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • ChefDella
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies