• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Sales: Planning Ahead for Fall Products in July Sell-A-Thons

In summary, the conversation discusses the importance of booking shows during the sell-a-thon months to earn free products for the new season. The norm for the sell-a-thon is usually in June, but last year it was split between June and July. There are different levels of earnings based on the amount of products sold. The speaker is determined to earn free products this year and is hoping for a two-month sell-a-thon again. Others in the conversation share their experiences and plans for the upcoming sell-a-thon. The conversation also touches on the possibility of buying products for hosts and the eligibility of shows in June for the sell-a-thon.
Kristina21
I'm thinking far ahead on this one but I have to ask those who've been in the biz longer then I have:

I started thinking about how important booking up the months we have the sell-a-thons in are, so that it's not a last minute effort on my part (like last year) to get shows and sales for free fall products.

Last year to earn fall products the sell a thon was in July...is this the norm?

I'm new... can you explain this sell-a-thon, free product thing?
Sounds fun! :balloon:

I was just thinking about the same exact thing. Except for the submit two shows incentive I didn't earn any of the new Spring products and I just can't afford to let that happen again! :eek:

I want to say the year before it was spread over June and July, but I'm barely over a year old in consultant years so someone else can probably speak to the norm better than I can.

pampermejolene said:
I'm new... can you explain this sell-a-thon, free product thing?
Sounds fun! :balloon:
Twice a year (before the new selling season begins/new catalog comes out) PC offers us an opportunity to earn all of the new season's products for free. The earnings are usually broken down into different selling levels. For example, to earn level one you would need to sell $1,500 in products between x date and x date to earn $100 in free products; sell $3,000 to earn $250 free; sell $6,000 to earn $400 free. Don't quote me on those numbers - they were just a rough guesstimate from memory, but someone else on here might remember the exact amounts.

HTH!

Kristina21 said:
I'm thinking far ahead on this one but I have to ask those who've been in the biz longer then I have:

I started thinking about how important booking up the months we have the sell-a-thons in are, so that it's not a last minute effort on my part (like last year) to get shows and sales for free fall products.

Last year to earn fall products the sell a thon was in July...is this the norm?

Last year, because the roll out of new fall products was so big, they split it up between June & July - so you had 2 months to earn the Fall Products. That was the first time in my memory that we had 2 months to earn products. In June, there were 4 levels - a 2 show held and submitted level, then a $1500, $3000, and $6000 level.
In July, there was a 2 shows held & submitted level, and then a $3000 level.

We won't know until Sellathon Info is released how it will be set up this year - but that info should be available with the May CN.......I need it now though, because June is almost completely filled and I need to start book July!

kearstin said:
...but I'm barely over a year old in consultant years

He he me too :D I looked it up in the CN for last year...it was June and July :)

I agree with you...I will not let it pass me up this year! I will earn them for free no matter what!!!

I want to say my first year it was in June only. I loved the two months last year.

I doubt I do it this year. I am only doing catalog shows in May and June after having Cole and do not have but 1 or 2 booked so far. I hope it is July this year b/c that is the month I plan to start back doing cooking shows. So far, I haven't had good luck getting a lot of catalogs booked for May and June. As long as I can stay active I will be happy though.

Most of the time it is in June, but if you go to conference they ALWAYS have a special for attendees who go and submit 2 shows in the month of July. So at least go for that if you can't make the sell a thon limit and are going to conference!

Ok, thanks for the heads up :) As a new consultant I now know to get booked for June with a tentative July!

OOOOOOHHHH OOOOOHHH OOOOOOHHHH!So my June 6 show will count for Sell-A-Thon?This lady is the aunt of the person who did my BIG show ... We agreed to do her show as a May show because she wants the pink dish. But the past host wants the mandoline!If it's in June I think I may buy the pink products MYSELF and give them to her ... can I do that?

Di_Can_Cook said:
OOOOOOHHHH OOOOOHHH OOOOOOHHHH!

So my June 6 show will count for Sell-A-Thon?

This lady is the aunt of the person who did my BIG show ... We agreed to do her show as a May show because she wants the pink dish. But the past host wants the mandoline!

If it's in June I think I may buy the pink products MYSELF and give them to her ... can I do that?

You can only buy the pink dish if you hold a show and buy it as the host. After that I would think you can do whatever you wish with it.

Does anyone know when they usually announce the Sell-A-Thon?
I'm so impatient sometimes! ;) Trying to get booking on my calendar regardless, then hopefully I'll already be meeting the requirements without a whole lot of extra effort :)

It will probably be in the May consultant news...

Di_Can_Cook said:
OOOOOOHHHH OOOOOHHH OOOOOOHHHH!

So my June 6 show will count for Sell-A-Thon?

This lady is the aunt of the person who did my BIG show ... We agreed to do her show as a May show because she wants the pink dish. But the past host wants the mandoline!

If it's in June I think I may buy the pink products MYSELF and give them to her ... can I do that?

1. A Show held on June 6th would be a June show, not a May show.

2. If the host has a May show, the past host cannot get the UM - she would have to get the May Host Special

3. A show dated for May, even if submitted in June, does not qualify for sellathon points.

I know all that ....The hostess wants the show dated as a May show so she can get the pink bowl. The past host wants it dated as a June show so she can get the Mandoline.I'd like to find a way to make them both happy ... and if the Sell A Thon is in June, that would push it one way or the other. I'd just find a way to give her the pink bowl, even if I have to get it through the Marketplace.I know we can buy pink products in May ... does that include the bowl or just the guest products?

Di_Can_Cook said:
I know we can buy pink products in May ... does that include the bowl or just the guest products?

Only the guest products are avaliable for purchase.

From the email about PWS updates:Host in July, earn even more FREE!Host a Show and you can earn FREE, half-price and discounted products of your choice, a 10% discount for a year, plus FREE shipping on your order!In July, you can earn even more FREE products of your choice:
• $50 in BONUS Free Product Value with Show sales of $500-$699
• $75 in BONUS Free Product Value with Show sales of $700-$999
• $100 in BONUS Free Product Value with Show sales of $1,000 or morePlus, both July hosts and past hosts from whom a July Show was booked can purchase the Outdoor Party Sticks for just $15.60!And with 12 or more buying guests, you can earn the Striped Kitchen Towel Set FREE!Call me today to book your July Show.Note: The Bonus Free Product Value is available to hosts of July Cooking Shows, Catalog Shows and Wedding Showers of at least $500 in guest sales before tax and shipping. The Outdoor Party Sticks are available to hosts of July Cooking Shows, Catalog Shows, Fundraiser Shows and Wedding Showers of at least $150 in guest sales before tax and shipping. The Outdoor Party Sticks are also available to the past host from whom the July Show was booked (if the past host’s Show was held on or after Jan. 1, 2008). Limit two per Show — one for the current host and one for the past host from whom the Show was booked. The 12 or more buying guests bonus is available for July Cooking Show, Catalog Show and Wedding Shower hosts only. The Monthly Host Special is available to Wedding Registries the month Registry Rewards are redeemed. For reproduction and use by Pampered Chef® Consultants only.
--------------------------------------------------------They’re so cute...and FREE!Earn a FREE Pinch Bowl Set with any purchase of $60 or more!* Ideal for prepping and storing liquid and dry ingredients
* Pour spouts neatly add liquid ingredients to recipes
* Nests to take up less storage space
* Include plastic lids to conveniently store ingredients
* Set of four: 1, 2, 4 and 8 oz.
* Dishwasher- and freezer-safe; bowls also microwave-safeCall me today!Note: The July Guest Special is only available through July Cooking Shows, Catalog Shows, Fundraiser Shows and Wedding Showers. It does NOT apply to individual orders (PamperedPartner®, mail), online orders or Wedding Registries. To receive this special, you must write the special item number in the “specials” section” of the sales receipt. Guest Special will not automatically ship. You may receive only ONE with $60 or more purchase. For reproduction and use by Pampered Chef® Consultants only.

Debala715 said:
From the email about PWS updates:

Host in July, earn even more FREE!

Host a Show and you can earn FREE, half-price and discounted products of your choice, a 10% discount for a year, plus FREE shipping on your order!

In July, you can earn even more FREE products of your choice:
• $50 in BONUS Free Product Value with Show sales of $500-$699
• $75 in BONUS Free Product Value with Show sales of $700-$999
• $100 in BONUS Free Product Value with Show sales of $1,000 or more

Plus, both July hosts and past hosts from whom a July Show was booked can purchase the Outdoor Party Sticks for just $15.60!

And with 12 or more buying guests, you can earn the Striped Kitchen Towel Set FREE!

Call me today to book your July Show.

Note: The Bonus Free Product Value is available to hosts of July Cooking Shows, Catalog Shows and Wedding Showers of at least $500 in guest sales before tax and shipping. The Outdoor Party Sticks are available to hosts of July Cooking Shows, Catalog Shows, Fundraiser Shows and Wedding Showers of at least $150 in guest sales before tax and shipping. The Outdoor Party Sticks are also available to the past host from whom the July Show was booked (if the past host’s Show was held on or after Jan. 1, 2008). Limit two per Show — one for the current host and one for the past host from whom the Show was booked. The 12 or more buying guests bonus is available for July Cooking Show, Catalog Show and Wedding Shower hosts only. The Monthly Host Special is available to Wedding Registries the month Registry Rewards are redeemed. For reproduction and use by Pampered Chef® Consultants only.
--------------------------------------------------------

They’re so cute...and FREE!

Earn a FREE Pinch Bowl Set with any purchase of $60 or more!

* Ideal for prepping and storing liquid and dry ingredients
* Pour spouts neatly add liquid ingredients to recipes
* Nests to take up less storage space
* Include plastic lids to conveniently store ingredients
* Set of four: 1, 2, 4 and 8 oz.
* Dishwasher- and freezer-safe; bowls also microwave-safe

Call me today!

Note: The July Guest Special is only available through July Cooking Shows, Catalog Shows, Fundraiser Shows and Wedding Showers. It does NOT apply to individual orders (PamperedPartner®, mail), online orders or Wedding Registries. To receive this special, you must write the special item number in the “specials” section” of the sales receipt. Guest Special will not automatically ship. You may receive only ONE with $60 or more purchase. For reproduction and use by Pampered Chef® Consultants only.

Am I the only one who is SO not happy with this special. I hated it the last time around and with the economy the way it is, my hosts are having trouble getting to 3 or 4 hundred.

I'm with ya!

I'm just hoping that once I come back from conference I'll have some super new ideas to implement and that will help me out with boosting sales and attendance and all that.
I'm going to start personally sending out invites starting with my next show so hopefully more people will show

I am happy that in addition to the extra free product, the past AND current host can also get the party sticks. That way if they don't get to the $500 show mark, they can still get a monthly host special.

krzymomof4 said:
Am I the only one who is SO not happy with this special. I hated it the last time around and with the economy the way it is, my hosts are having trouble getting to 3 or 4 hundred.
They improved on what they did last time by offering an item at 60% off for all hosts - even $150 shows. This is an awesome promotion! Go for it!! Be excited!!

HO does listen to us :love: and I'm sure that's why July's bonus is how it is!

And remember: It is a BONUS! Our host program is great no matter what month and even without any extra bonuses. Sell the date not the bonus.

I'm not very happy with it either. I already have one show booked in July. But she may want to change her mind when she sees this. It's a great special if you hit 500 or more but some people just won't be able to. I am glad they do the party sticks for the show no matter what but I also think there is limited interest in those. It's not something everyone can use. KWIM? I have only had a couple of people mention them. And no orders for them. For instance, I live in an apartment and there's no where I could use them at. I'd just rather they do the specials the regular way. Have they ever did this before? Is it something that usually comes around ever so often?
God bless,
Amanda

Christ Follower said:
I am happy that in addition to the extra free product, the past AND current host can also get the party sticks. That way if they don't get to the $500 show mark, they can still get a monthly host special.

Thats what makes the July Host Specials even better than Januarys...:D

Di_Can_Cook said:
I know all that ....

The hostess wants the show dated as a May show so she can get the pink bowl. The past host wants it dated as a June show so she can get the Mandoline.

I'd like to find a way to make them both happy ... and if the Sell A Thon is in June, that would push it one way or the other. I'd just find a way to give her the pink bowl, even if I have to get it through the Marketplace.

I know we can buy pink products in May ... does that include the bowl or just the guest products?
It's nice that you want to help your hosts get what they want but if they want it bad enough they will book it in the correct month. Our policy states that if the show is held in June it is a June show and we are not to change that.

If you want to give your June host the May host special why not put together a HWC fundraiser or a catalog show and gift it to her. You only need to collect $150 in orders.

jesusluvsu2005 said:
I'm not very happy with it either. I already have one show booked in July. But she may want to change her mind when she sees this. It's a great special if you hit 500 or more but some people just won't be able to. I am glad they do the party sticks for the show no matter what but I also think there is limited interest in those. It's not something everyone can use. KWIM? I have only had a couple of people mention them. And no orders for them. For instance, I live in an apartment and there's no where I could use them at. I'd just rather they do the specials the regular way. Have they ever did this before? Is it something that usually comes around ever so often?
God bless,
Amanda
It was done in January as well without the 60% off special. I think they may have done this in the past as well, but January's was the first that I was a consultant for.

Anyone know when we can view the May CN the "sneaky" way??

In the April Calendar, it says April 28th.

I'm ... OK with the special, but not thrilled with it. While I'm happy the host of a show of any size gets a special, I wish they also had more to choose from. What if they don't want party sticks?Also ... a past host of mine (who's steamed that she missed the 20 percent off stoneware) keeps asking me "what's on sale." She wants to combine her 10 percent discount with a special to make it 30 percent. I finally told her that the specials don't seem to be working that way this year. Each month, the guest special is something you get free with a $60 order. Which works out great for us ... but isn't enough to entice this customer to buy.

I'm not completely satisfied with this. I think they should have added something for the smaller shows also. But that is just my opinion!

I don't love it but at least they have the Party Sticks for smaller shows unlike January. I didn't do too great in January but I don't know that any special would have helped me! :rolleyes:

I understand it is to encourage higher sales which in turn helps our commissions - we just have to really host coach our rears off to make sure the hosts do thier jobs! (trying to see the positive here!!)

With NC right smack dab in the middle of the month, I'm thinking of doing a Mega Show for July, which would be extremely helpful if it is a SAT month. I'll make up my mind in the next week whether I'll be doing that or not.

I didn't see the party stick offer. It is better than January, just not as great as I was hoping it would be.
Maybe August will be spectacular:D

Honestly? I was not excited about host specials for April, MAy, or June. But I can work with this one. Esp with the pinch bowls FREE fr guests. For my group of friends, that will entice them to add on $10-$15 more to their orders.

Just an observational comment...no hate mail please! LOL

Host Specials are a BONUS, just that. You ought to be booking shows because they want a FUN, FAST, SIMPLE PARTY (I stopped calling them shows many years ago...PARTIES are more FUN!) to learn how to get in and out of the kitchen fast so they can spend more time with their families at the dinner table while getting PC products for FREEEEEE!!!

If you booking parties base on the Host Specials...you may be missing out on some bookings!

Focus on FUN AND FREE!

Kitchen2u said:
Just an observational comment...no hate mail please! LOL

Host Specials are a BONUS, just that. You ought to be booking shows because they want a FUN, FAST, SIMPLE PARTY (I stopped calling them shows many years ago...PARTIES are more FUN!) to learn how to get in and out of the kitchen fast so they can spend more time with their families at the dinner table while getting PC products for FREEEEEE!!!

If you booking parties base on the Host Specials...you may be missing out on some bookings!

Focus on FUN AND FREE!

Thanks Ginny!

I have 3 shows in July already without even knowing the host special - my hosts for July are going to LOVE this extra bonus when I share it with them!

I know that there was much negativity about this in January, but I decided I was going to host coach like crazy, and stress the extra free product. I had 8 shows, and $5000 in sales for January(and 10,000 incentive points!). Every show except one went over the $500 mark - and it has been my best month so far this year. I really believe it's all in your attitude and how you present it. Go into it believing in your hosts, and their ability to have a $500 show, and you will get $500 shows. If you believe that no one can achieve that, then your attitude, tone of voice, and body language will convey that to your hosts, and no one wins. We CAN DO THIS!

ChefBeckyD said:
Thanks Ginny!

I have 3 shows in July already without even knowing the host special - my hosts for July are going to LOVE this extra bonus when I share it with them!

I know that there was much negativity about this in January, but I decided I was going to host coach like crazy, and stress the extra free product. I had 8 shows, and $5000 in sales for January(and 10,000 incentive points!). Every show except one went over the $500 mark - and it has been my best month so far this year. I really believe it's all in your attitude and how you present it. Go into it believing in your hosts, and their ability to have a $500 show, and you will get $500 shows. If you believe that no one can achieve that, then your attitude, tone of voice, and body language will convey that to your hosts, and no one wins. We CAN DO THIS!

EXACTLY my point Becky! Becky "DECIDED." Good for you and good for all of you who are going to take Becky's WISE words of advice. She's ABSOLUTELY RIGHT...we can ALL DO THIS!!!

Okay, folks.... June Sell-A-Thon... shows must be held and submitted by June 30th.... not the normal July 5th!!!! Get your June booked!!! Levels are two shows, $1500, $3000 and $6000.

AND, if you book a "strong" June and July they are going to share more ways for us to receive rewards!

Related to Maximizing Sales: Planning Ahead for Fall Products in July Sell-A-Thons

1. What is a sell-a-thon and why is it important for maximizing sales?

A sell-a-thon is a special event where Pampered Chef offers exclusive products and promotions for a limited time. It is important for maximizing sales because it creates a sense of urgency and excitement among customers, encouraging them to make purchases and book shows during this time.

2. When is the sell-a-thon typically held for fall products?

The sell-a-thon for fall products is usually held in July. This allows consultants to plan ahead and book shows for the upcoming season, ensuring they have the necessary sales to earn free fall products.

3. Why is it important to book shows during the sell-a-thon period?

Booking shows during the sell-a-thon period is crucial because it gives consultants the opportunity to showcase and sell the exclusive fall products. It also helps them reach their sales goals and earn free products, which can increase their profits and success in the business.

4. What steps should I take to prepare for the sell-a-thon in July?

To prepare for the sell-a-thon in July, it is important to start planning and booking shows well in advance. This ensures that you have a full calendar during the sell-a-thon period and are able to take advantage of the special offers and promotions. You should also promote the event to your customers and network to generate excitement and interest.

5. Are there any tips for maximizing sales during the sell-a-thon period?

Yes, there are a few tips for maximizing sales during the sell-a-thon period. First, make sure to promote the event to your customers through social media, email, and in-person interactions. Second, offer special incentives or discounts to encourage customers to make purchases during this time. Third, focus on booking shows during the sell-a-thon period to ensure a steady stream of sales. And finally, be sure to follow up with customers after the event to thank them for their purchases and book future shows.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• aried
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
GinaG623
  • Amanda_RI
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies