• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Selling Discontinued Product at Shows

In summary, Kim recommends printing a flyer with the discontinued and price increase lists, putting it in the catalogs, and referring guests to it while shopping.
pkd09
Silver Member
I still have some product that were in my Mystery Boxes from National Conference last year I would like to try to sell. Would you, or is it permissible to, bring them to shows for cash and carry? I tried an Open House last fall to sell them which failed miserably because it ended up being 80+ degrees outside on a Sunday.

I wouldn't take them to a show because people who spend their money on them will have less to spend on items that will raise the total for the host.

But they are good to use as door prizes or cash & carry at fairs, etc.

You can post a list on here and other consultants may be interested in them!

I agree with both of the above ideas. You sure don't want to make a hostess mad by selling things at a show that she won't get credit for. One year I just typed up a list of the products and listed them at a reduced cost. Emailed it out to all my customers and sold almost everything!!

I'm going to use the things I don't want as giveaways when people ask me to donate something. I agree that taking it to a show may hurt the sales for the show and doesn't help the host so I wouldn't do that...

Speaking of Discontinued &/or Retooled products....has anyone seen a flyer on this site that lists all discontinued (and maybe the products going up in price), products # and page reference, w/o pictures? I'd like to include one as an insertion to the current catalog at my remaining shows and thought I'd use an existing one (to not recreate the wheel). I used to prepare one like that so that guests could refer to the list while shopping the catalog. If you've seen one, please let me know the name and/or thread...thx much. Kim Campbell

luvbeingachef said:
Speaking of Discontinued &/or Retooled products....has anyone seen a flyer on this site that lists all discontinued (and maybe the products going up in price), products # and page reference, w/o pictures? I'd like to include one as an insertion to the current catalog at my remaining shows and thought I'd use an existing one (to not recreate the wheel). I used to prepare one like that so that guests could refer to the list while shopping the catalog. If you've seen one, please let me know the name and/or thread...thx much. Kim Campbell

Kim: Here's info for a flyer that has the price changes with numbers and page numbers from another post. This came from Leadership 2007 post. Go to files and type in Debi's Mar 07 and you should get it.

I added page numbers just to make it easier for my customers at shows. You know, sometimes you have to make it so easy they can't resist.

I used the original Fall/Winter catalog since I never got the ones with the other cover so I'm not sure how the page numbers work out.
Attached Files Debi's Mar 07 Price Increases.doc (67.0 KB, 66 views)

As far as the discontined with out pictures go to the post about Leadership 2007 and you should find info there.

Thanks Harriet! I agree, if you make it easy it really helps boost the excitement over current products before the new catalog starts, and adding the bonus of a FREE product (this month) or discount on stoneware (next month) helps out too. I'm going to look for it.
Sincerely, Kim Campbell
Ind. Director
Anchorage, AK

Glad I could help you, Kim! I fixed the S & H flyer thanks again. I reposted it.

Discontinued & price increase listsI am going to print the dicontinued list on one side & the price increase on the other and staple it to the front of the catalogs. HTH!!

The price increase list is an excel spreadsheet, and I can't upload it. If anyone would like it, just let me know.

Kim

Attachments

• Spring-Summer2007DiscontinuedProducts[1].doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 291
Thanks, Kim.

I always put the Discontinued Flyer in my catalogs to help boost sales. And I think they one on here that list the restyled ones will do good b/c people may want to get them before the price increase.

And I had a guest want the TTA before it changed to black b/c her appliances are white.

Related to Selling Discontinued Product at Shows

1. Can I still sell discontinued products at my Pampered Chef shows?

Yes, you can still sell discontinued products at your shows as long as you have them in stock. However, it's important to let your customers know that these products are limited in quantity and will not be restocked.

2. Will selling discontinued products affect my commission?

No, your commission for selling discontinued products will remain the same as any other Pampered Chef product. You will earn the same percentage based on your sales volume.

3. Can I offer a discount on discontinued products?

Yes, you can offer a discount on discontinued products to incentivize your customers to purchase them. However, make sure to follow Pampered Chef's guidelines for discounting products and always maintain the minimum retail price.

4. How do I know which products are discontinued?

You can check the Pampered Chef website or ask your consultant for a list of discontinued products. You can also look for a small "D" symbol on the product's label, which indicates that it is discontinued.

5. Can I still use discontinued products for demonstrations and recipes?

Yes, you can still use discontinued products for demonstrations and recipes. They are still high-quality Pampered Chef products and can showcase the versatility and durability of our brand.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
twinkie10
  • Kate0831
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PamperedchefDaly
  • kcmckay
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies