• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trying a New Theme, Disliked Products

In summary, the conversation is about a host planning a show where guests bring products they have never used or regret buying. The host hopes this will lead to sales and discussions about the products. They also plan to serve a popular dish and showcase rarely seen products. The group discusses different strategies and products to showcase at the show.
cwinter474
Gold Member
My mom is holding a show on the 20th, everyone we know has been buying PC for 10+years so everyone knows everything, has everything, some have products still in the boxes, you know what I mean? So I am having them bring a product that they have never used, don't like and wish they had never bought stuff like that. We all have at least one item like that around.

MY plan is to get everyone talking about the products, things like "I can't believe you don't like that I love mine" I hope that they will sell each other on the products that are there and generate purchases of products they haven't bought.

My director has been selling to our group for about 5yrs so she and I have been talking about alot of the stuff they own already, I am also going to bring things I don't usually bring to my shows, things I don't often sell like the woven pieces, funnels, suds pump, cookie press, and the easy accent decorator that way they can see things they don't often see.

I'm going to fix their favorite "Taco Ring" again, I swear it is the only thing these gals want. But I am going to have it ready when they get there. So we can go right into the products.

What do you think?

Sounds interesting. Let us know how it turns out.

You have inspired me :sing:

My host on the 22nd used to sell, and hosted forever before that. So this sounds like a good thing to me. How I will blend it with healthy grilling is something I still have time to work on!

Thanks, cwinter474!!

that's a great idea!

sounds like a good plan for this group! let us know how it goes!

You probably have some of the newer S/S08 products they have not seen. I find that
our new collapsible bowl gets ohhs and ahhs and I have sold a good number of them,
even to folks I would not have expected to want one. Our products that have been
improved with new handles and colors are also worth showing. Be sure to have the
Executive saute pan for them to touch and see versus the Gen II and Professional, they
might have seen before.

I like your idea of having them bring things still in the box. Maybe they can even sell
some of them and have cash to purchase something new to them. Sort of like a product swap of sorts.

I think this is a wonderful idea. I usually have someone who has bought or received a piece of stoneware in the past, but has kept it in the box because they weren't sure how to use it. I say, "There's a little piece of paper inside that says "Use and Care" and it will tell you what to do." :D I usually get some good laughs out of that. Then I tell them how to use it and the others chime in. Then they go home and try it and love it. This is another good reason for us to do "out of the box" customer care calls -- to make sure our customers like and know how to use their products. Let us know how your show turns out!!

Hey, great idea on the Genn II vs the Executive!!!! thanks, Grandmarita

I love the "There's a little piece of paper inside that says "Use and Care" and it will tell you what to do."..... will start using that one... hollye44

Will let you all know how this goes.

Carol

Yeah, it sounds like a GREAT idea for this particular group.
That's funny, I also have one group who always wants a taco ring...or some kind of ring.

Yeah, they are "taco ring" junkies... can't begin to tell you how many times I have made it for them. I tried to bring in a differant ring, but was shot down.

I could make this one in my sleep. Used to be a family favorite, now I am just sick of it. We fix alot of the taco grande we use beef instead of turkey. LOVE IT!

cwinter474 said:
My mom is holding a show on the 20th, everyone we know has been buying PC for 10+years so everyone knows everything, has everything, some have products still in the boxes, you know what I mean? So I am having them bring a product that they have never used, don't like and wish they had never bought stuff like that. We all have at least one item like that around.

MY plan is to get everyone talking about the products, things like "I can't believe you don't like that I love mine" I hope that they will sell each other on the products that are there and generate purchases of products they haven't bought.

My director has been selling to our group for about 5yrs so she and I have been talking about alot of the stuff they own already, I am also going to bring things I don't usually bring to my shows, things I don't often sell like the woven pieces, funnels, suds pump, cookie press, and the easy accent decorator that way they can see things they don't often see.

I'm going to fix their favorite "Taco Ring" again, I swear it is the only thing these gals want. But I am going to have it ready when they get there. So we can go right into the products.

What do you think?

I think you should sour cream in the EAD for them to squirt on thier serving -or- the Decorate Bottle Set

purrbal said:
I think you should sour cream in the EAD for them to squirt on thier serving.

Great idea! At one show I served the sour cream in the decorator bottles but the EAD is a more expensive product.

LOL I was adding in about the DBS when you responded to my post ...great minds!

I love this idea...I am just shocked that you don't sell alot of the easy accent decorator...lol...I sell a bunch...

If it's a group of ladies that know each other well, I would suggest "borrowing products" from each other as well. If you leave the party open for a week or so, that might generate some sells.

Well tomorrow is the big day. I know that there is at least two Ultimate Mandolines coming and a Deluxe Cheese Grater. I'm hoping that I can give a great "How To" session and get everyone excited and loving all their pieces.

I also tell people to keep their items on the counter (even if they are short on counter space) until they use them. You are more likely to use it if it is in front of you. If you put it in the drawer you can forget about it. There is a reason that they ordered it. They wanted it at the time. You have to help them want it again and wonder why they waited so long!Darlene

darlinclem said:
I also tell people to keep their items on the counter (even if they are short on counter space) until they use them. You are more likely to use it if it is in front of you. If you put it in the drawer you can forget about it. There is a reason that they ordered it. They wanted it at the time. You have to help them want it again and wonder why they waited so long!

Darlene

GREAT idea!

Hey what is your avatar pic of?

big sellers for me this season has been the grill basket and the outdoor party sticks...

We had a blast! There ended up being 13 ladies there, there was -

one Citrus press, She was not turning the lemon wrong side out (so to speak).

One Cheese grater (pieces too big),

7, yes 7 Mandolines!!! I was so wishing that "peichef" was there, she could have done another training session. This is not my favorite piece either. But between the 14 of us ladies, we got it all figured out and working great.

1 food chopper, wasn't removing her hand allowing the blades to rotate.

1 Easy Accent Decorator - This I truely believe was defective, the trigger part was REALLY stiff, much harder to use than mine, so we just traded.

and the other 2 ladies forgot to bring anything.

This was alot of FUN, I would so do this again with another group. It was like a huge training session. Ended up selling 3 more Mandolines!!

So far sells are at $385 not great, but these ladies have a TON of PC products. They rebooked for a September show and we are doing a mystery hostess. What they want to do is this go thru the whole show, placing orders and all then put all names into a hat and drawing one to be named the hostess.

This is a GREAT group of ladies, thanks Mom!

1. Why should I try a new theme for my Pampered Chef products?

Trying a new theme for your Pampered Chef products can help keep your customers engaged and excited about your products. It also allows you to showcase different products and recipes, attracting new customers and increasing sales.

2. How do I know which theme to choose?

Choose a theme that aligns with your personal interests and the type of products you sell. You can also ask for input from your customers or consult with other Pampered Chef consultants for ideas.

3. What if I try a new theme and my customers don't like it?

It's important to remember that not every theme will appeal to every customer. However, trying new themes shows your customers that you are always looking for new and exciting products, and it may attract new customers who are interested in your new theme. Plus, you can always switch back to your original theme if needed.

4. I have a few products that I don't particularly like. Can I still incorporate them into a new theme?

Absolutely! You can always find creative ways to use and showcase products that you may not personally love. Plus, your customers may have different tastes and preferences, so they may still enjoy those products.

5. Do I have to completely switch to a new theme or can I incorporate it with my current theme?

You can approach a new theme however you'd like. You can fully switch to a new theme or incorporate it with your current theme, depending on what works best for you and your customers. It's all about finding a balance and keeping things fresh and exciting for your customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NewtoMom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kam
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
kam
Replies