1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings Advice needed re: mystery host shows

1. cookie325

cookie325 Member

I had two shows booked for this month and both have had to reschedule. I am not worried about later in the month, because I still have plenty of time to book that, but I really wanted to earn the bookings slide by submitting 2 shows by the 15th. I was planning on having an open house at my home, but my AC is broken and its 100+ degrees outside so that's a no go. My backup plan was to do an online show and do it mystery host style. I would need at least $300 in orders so I can split them and make 2 shows. If I do that, and try to split them, how do I handle the mystery host benefits? Do I just say the host will get X dollars in products and put them as the host on BOTH shows? Do I put myself as the host and just divvy up the products? Has anyone ever held one show but split it? I can't seem to figure out what is the best way to handle this. I don't think I have my thinking cap on correctly this morning. :confused: Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :thumbup:

Aug 10, 2009
  2. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

I've only done one Mystery Host Show. I did it as "consultant acting as host" so that all the items would come to me, then be handed out to the various participants. I broke down the items in advance & advertised that person #1 would get ___________, person #2 __________, etc. After all the orders were in, I drew names to see who was person #1, person #2, etc. They loved it.

Aug 10, 2009
  3. jnsr96

jnsr96 Member

I just did a mystery host for July so that I could sell $1250 in my first 30 days... It was a little complicated, but I put several of the customers as the "hosts" for 3 shows (There were $500 in orders and I needed 3 more shows). I had all of the products shipped to me as C/O my name instead of the host- since there were so many different orders... It worked out, but I'm not sure if I would do it on a regular basis. Each participant had to have $100 in sales, then they received $30 in free products, and 40% off their remaining products (I ate a lot of the costs for this, but I was looking to qualify in 30 days and get my free fall products). My only issue now is shipping the products to my far away customers... Good luck! Sorry about the rambling!

Aug 10, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted