• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Learning the Hard Way: Host Packets, Show Guests, and Me

In summary, the rep from Arbonne thought the party was on the 21st, but it is actually the next Sunday. She apologized for the misunderstanding and promised to send a new packet with the invitations in it as soon as possible.
PCSarahjm
I swapped shows with another DS company...I already did my PC show with her so now it is my turn to have her show. So what is the problem? Well the show is supposed to be Sunday at 2:00. I have not recieved a host packet or anything. She emailed last week and said it was in the mail. I hate to cancel on her (she had a $400 catalog show) but I know if I get the packet today I still won't have time to get the invites out so my guest will get them before the show ( I have a show tonight and work my 8-5 on wed.) So the earliest these invites would reach the mail would be Thursday. I emailed her this morning but no reply yet.

I am taking this as a learning experience. Mail host packets when you say you will! I am just wondering how she thinks the show will have any guests if the invites are not mailed in advance. Should I just forget about this or what?

I would call her to let her know that you have not gotten the packet and you need to post pone the show b/c you want to have enough time to have a lot of guest there. I am sure she will appreciate that you want to have a sucessful show for her. I know I would rather post pone a show than have it flop.

Do you have a chance today to phone or email your guests? If you call them now, you can use the invites as reminders.Based on my personal experience with reps from other companies, she's probably forgotten about your party. But other people have had other experiences. Give the consultant a call today and ask.

I'm in the same boat as you with the exception my friends are completely uninterested in the other DS company! I am not canceling as I don't want to reschedule it and stress again about not being able to get my friends here.

Go on with the show and put it behind you - start calling friends today!

missyciccolella said:
I'm in the same boat as you with the exception my friends are completely uninterested in the other DS company! I am not canceling as I don't want to reschedule it and stress again about not being able to get my friends here.

Go on with the show and put it behind you - start calling friends today!

Ditto! I did a Premier party this spring and my friends were NOT interested! I still had the party with me and my SIL. Oh well!

Ok I am going to plan of having it(arbonne) if no one shows b/c they didn't get an invite in a timely manner it isn't my fault. And it will be water under the bridge!!!

Why don't you just call everyone to invite them?

That's what I advise all my hosts to do first. Call everyone, then the paper invite serves as a reminder. A personal invitation is always best--people feel like you thought especially of them and are more likely to attend.

I sent emails and plan to call a few more people. Hopefully I will have a few show up!

I just recieved an email from the Arbonne Rep. I am so confused now when my show is suppose to be....this is her email!

I had down for Sunday the 21st. So not this Sunday but next. Hope that still works. I sent the packet and was actually planning to email you today to see if you had gotten it. I mailed it Friday so it should be there by today at the latest. Let me know if you do not get it today and I will overnight another packet with the invites in it for you. If you have guests planning on coming this Sunday I can probably do that also.

Could you have written it down incorrectly? This is exactly why I have started sending out confirmation postcards and emails.

Wait a sec...this Sunday IS the 21st!!!

Yeah! Someone's not reading her calendar correctly. :) (The Arbonne rep, not any of us fabulous PC people!)

She sounds a little unorganized to me. However, give your guests a personal invitation...call them on the phone & send invites as a reminder (or not at all) if you want. We suggest this to our hosts so I think we should do the same (not saying that I always call either though).

Just got an email from her.....yes she had her weekends mixed up....thinking we had another week until the 21st. I hope I don't ever do this to one of my hostess. I think we will still shoot for this Sunday...I just have to have 4-6 confirmed guests so surely I can do that.

If you're doing proper host coaching with frequent contact of some kind (email, postcards, phone, etc.), this is much less likely to happen.

Be HonestI would tell her the truth. Let her know that because you have not received the packet and have no time in the near future to get the invitations out you will need to reschedule.

I hosted an Arbonne show earlier this year (first one besides PC for me to host) & I never received a host packet either. I had to ask her for a catalog b/c my MIL wanted to place an outside order. She did send the invites for me, but I had to contact her about when she was coming, if I should have food, etc. Made me feel much better about my host coaching!

1. What is included in the host packet for "Learning the Hard Way" shows?

The host packet for "Learning the Hard Way" shows includes a host guide, invitation postcards, recipe cards, and order forms. It also includes a special gift for the host as a thank you for hosting the show.

2. How do I invite guests to a "Learning the Hard Way" show?

There are a few ways to invite guests to a "Learning the Hard Way" show. You can send out the invitation postcards included in the host packet, invite them through a private event on social media, or personally invite them through phone calls or text messages.

3. Are there any special incentives for hosting a "Learning the Hard Way" show?

Yes, there are special incentives for hosting a "Learning the Hard Way" show. As a host, you can earn free products, discounts, and special offers based on the total sales from your show.

4. Can I customize the recipes in the "Learning the Hard Way" show?

Yes, you can customize the recipes in the "Learning the Hard Way" show to fit your personal preferences or dietary restrictions. The host guide includes tips on how to make adjustments to the recipes and still achieve great results.

5. How can I make my "Learning the Hard Way" show successful?

To make your "Learning the Hard Way" show successful, it is important to invite a good mix of guests, have a well-stocked pantry, and be enthusiastic about the products and recipes. It is also helpful to follow the tips and guidelines in the host guide to ensure a fun and successful show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ms_twana
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ms_twana
  • lisa717
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • pkd09