• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creating the Perfect Guest Packet for Your Cooking Show

In summary, Jill gives her guests a sales receipt (write in), catalog, and two of her business cards. She also puts a catalog, help whip cancer post card inviting them to book a show, American Cancer Society brochure, and guest special flyer on the back of her lap boards.
sarahsellcm
Silver Member
I have a show on Thursday and need to revamp my guest packets. What do you put in your guest packets for your cooking shows? Please list any flyers here for me. Thanks.

I give them a sales receipt (write in), catalog, and two of my business cards. That's it.

Catalog, OOF (have them use the back of this as their wish list...they are NOT allowed to look thru their catalogs till AFTER the demo- I tell them "so you don't miss anything important, and since they don't know what they want yet till they see what I have to say!! I say that so they laugh...but they leave the catties go till later!) , opp flyer, my business card magnet

On the back of my lapboards, I use the host benefits flyer (shows half price combos and what you get for a show...)

I'm using lap boards and right now have my Help Whip Cancer(R) team flyer on the back.

In the front I have a write in order form, catalog, help whip cancer post card inviting them to book a show, American Cancer Society brochure, guest special flyer, HWC team order forms (for them to take) and my business card.

Normally I have the guest specials on the back of the board and include order form, catalog and business card.

I am a little new at this, so please excuse my silly question.....What is a lap board and is this something I need??

Thanks!
Jill

A lap board is essentially the front or back cover of a binder (Merrill has them for sale by the dozen). It has a clear pocket on the back running the length of the board to put in a flyer and a half pocket on the front and a place to put your business card.

They are reusable and allow your guests to lean on something firm when writing. I change out the guest special flyer every month, but only need to print 12 a month since I only have a dozen lap boards.

You definitely don't *NEED* it, but it is nice and after the initial investment can save money on folders and printing guest special flyers for each folder.

Thanks! Sounds like it may be a great investment. I LOVE this site-I have picked up so many great ideas, recipes and tips!
Jill

Jill~

Especially since you are new and don't need to spend every last dime you make, make your own lapboards if you want them.

I bought 25 cent 3 ring binders that have the little pocket on the inside of the front and back cover, and that have the clear "pocket" that is the entire front and back of the binder. Cut as close to the binding as you can, so you don't expose the cardboard inside of your lapboard. If you want them to say PC, just buy some of the clear stickers to slap on there.

WAY cheaper than purchasing them from Merrill!

Hope my explanation made sense! Ask if you have any questions about it!

KellyTheChef said:
Especially since you are new and don't need to spend every last dime you make, make your own lapboards if you want them.

Jill,
I made 12 of my own as well doing the same thing... On the 1/4 flap side, you can cut 2 slits for the corners and it will hold your business card!

I include the next few months specials in the clear pocket (to save on printing every month!) ....and in the 1/4 pocket, I include an order form, catalog, wedding registry brochure, and a door prize drawing slip. (and the business card is in the little holder) Good luck!

thats a cool idea making your own! i wonder if i can find those cheap binders somehwere!

I found $1.00 binders at our dollar general...buy 6 for $6 and you get 12 lapboards....not too bad!

hmmm.....might have to take a trip to dollar general. WAY cheaper than merrill!

I, too, use lapboards I made myself from 3-ring binders.

I put in the following, in order, front to back:

Contact Card - 3 x 5 card with my contact info on it

Survey Slip - guests are instructed to fill out only their contact information at the beginning of the show. No working ahead! (I even threaten to take a way their pens if they work ahead. They don't know the answers to those questions, yet.)

Guest Special - mine are full color on 1/2 sheet

Blank 1/2 sheet of colored paper for guest to use as wish list, write down tips, etc.

Catalog

Upcoming host specials on a "Book a Show Tonight" flyer

I don't hand out order forms until the end. It's not time to shop until I'm done talking.

Rae .. is that flyer on this website? Also, i'm trying your no demo show on friday! Wish me luck!!! Any other tidbits would be helpful!

Oh, I love the idea of making your own lapboards! I was thinking they would make life easier but couldn't justify the cost of purchasing them. Next time I'm at the office store or WalMart I'm checking out the binder selection!

abrahamlaur said:
Rae .. is that flyer on this website? Also, i'm trying your no demo show on friday! Wish me luck!!! Any other tidbits would be helpful!

Good luck! And, yes, the flyer was here on this website. I'd share where if I could remember.

Last edited:
tlennhoff said:
LOL, I can find the thread where you discuss your no demo show (http://www.chefsuccess.com/showthread.php?t=16925) but I cannot find the flyer either.

I've got that thread bookmarked so I can easily find it. :D

I'm flattered. I'm also sad for you that your memory is becoming as bad as mine. It does, however, make me feel a little better about my own bad memory. :D

raebates said:
I'm flattered. I'm also sad for you that your memory is becoming as bad as mine. It does, however, make me feel a little better about my own bad memory. :D

LOL, my memory is totally shot. Glad I could help you feel better. :p

I used to say that I was a human Etch-a-Sketch. When I lay down at night it erases my brain. I've graduated to MagnaDoodle, now. My eyelids act like that little eraser bar--zip, zip and it's forgotten.

Rae~ What's your Book a Show Tonight flyer?? It sounds like I may need to get it...;)

You'll have to rely on someone else. I got it from here, but I haven't been able to locate it.

raebates said:
I used to say that I was a human Etch-a-Sketch. When I lay down at night it erases my brain. I've graduated to MagnaDoodle, now. My eyelids act like that little eraser bar--zip, zip and it's forgotten.

Rae,
That is so funny and so true for me!! I sometimes refer to myself as the scarecrow i.e. "If I only had a brain" Sounds like we have an epidemic!!

Bev

Book a Show Tonight FlyerHere is the Book a Show tonight flyer. Is that what you are looking for?

Attachments

• BookAShowTONIGHT[1].doc
    953 KB · Views: 355
Thanks Marisol!

I updated the flyer to show the July specials instead of April (I changed the layout a little to make everything fit well on the page).

Attached is Word and PDF verision (PDF has a blank line for Host's name, in Word you can change it for each host).

Last edited:
Thanks!! I had it saved from somewhere and I think I sent it to a host-ooh ooh! I hope I sent the right one. I did the same with some HWC flyers--I assumed the info was correct until I got emails asking which were the right prices the one on the guest sp flyer, order form or email--YIKES! Lesson of the day-check the flyers first.

1. How do I create a guest packet for my cooking show?

To create a guest packet for your cooking show, you will need to gather all the necessary materials such as product catalogs, order forms, and any special promotions or discounts. You can also include a personal note or invitation to your guests. Once you have all the materials, organize them in a folder or envelope with your contact information and the date and time of the cooking show.

2. What should I include in my guest packet?

Your guest packet should include product catalogs, order forms, any special promotions or discounts, and your contact information. You can also include a personal note or invitation to your guests to make it more personalized. Additionally, you can include samples of your products or recipe cards to give your guests a taste of what they can expect at the cooking show.

3. How many guest packets should I prepare?

The number of guest packets you should prepare will depend on the number of guests you have invited to your cooking show. It's always better to have a few extra packets just in case you have last-minute guests or if some of your guests want to take an extra packet home to share with their friends and family.

4. When should I distribute the guest packets?

You should distribute the guest packets a few days before the cooking show. This will give your guests enough time to review the materials and come prepared with any questions they may have. You can distribute the guest packets in person or send them out via email or mail, depending on what works best for you and your guests.

5. How can I make my guest packets more engaging?

You can make your guest packets more engaging by including interactive elements such as quizzes or games related to your products. You can also include a call-to-action for your guests to bring the packet to the cooking show to receive a special discount or gift. Additionally, using colorful and visually appealing designs for your packets can make them more eye-catching and engaging.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pmprdprettyinsnj
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
LBotzler
  • Katiek77
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Saturday Gourmet
Replies