• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What to Include in Host Packets

In summary, Becky sent me a bunch of invites for a show she's hosting tonight. She said her goal for 2008 is to get her hosts to mail out all the invitations, instead of just giving them out during a host coaching session.
khergatt
I need some help and my director's mother is in hospice so I don't want to bother her.

What do you include in catalog host packets?

How about Cooking Show Host Packets?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Kristy

PacketsHost Packets:
Catalogs
Order forms
Host/guest special
Recruting brochure
Show planning flyer
Invitations
Flyer with personal challenges from me
Flyer explaining about Booking benefit
Flyer with recipes she can choose from
SB recipe book for her to see recipe ingredients and as a
thank you gift from me.

Catalog show packets:
Catalogs
Outside order forms
Host/Guest special
Recruiting brochure
Flyer with personal challenges from me
Flyer explaining Booking benefit
Recipe cards for her to distribute to those who place an order
SB as a thank you gift

Debbie :D

Hi Kristy,

I always include my cover letter, show planner, 3 catalogs, 3 order forms, Hostess & Guest Specials for month, The Opportunity Flyer and most importantly my flyer on What my website can do for you.

Someone sent me this flyer and I made it my own, and it has helped soo much. I will be interested to see what other people put in their Hostess Packs.

Good luck to you!!!!:chef:

Attachments

• What_My_Website_can_do_for_You!.doc
    158 KB · Views: 503
Liz,

I like the website flyer. I am always trying to get people to use my website more.

Thanks!

I like to keep it simple:

Catalog Show Packet

5 Catalogs
10 Outside Order Forms
Host/Guest Special (printed front/back on one sheet of paper)
Catalog Show Cover Letter

Cooking Show Folder

Show Planner
Host Flyer
3 Recipes
Host/Guest Special (front/back)
3 Catalogs
10 Outside Order Forms
Cooking Show Cover Letter

That's it. I like to keep it simple b/c it makes my job look easier and more hosts are interested in the business if what I give them is simple and easy to use. HTH!

PS - edited to add my cover letters. Also, I send the host email from my website and have instructions on there for inviting their guests. Cuts down on printing/paper. ;)

Attachments

• Host Cover Letter - Catalog - Generic.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 497
  • Host Cover Letter - Cooking Show - Generic.doc
    26 KB · Views: 488
Last edited:
-3 catalogs (5 for catalog show)
-3 outside order forms with guest special on the back (5 for catty show)
-letter/to do info on back of host special
-address labels (if I'm giving it at a show/otherwise, no packet until I get a guest list (not included with catalog show)
-3 filled out postcards for host to hand out (not included for catty show)

Oh, I LOVE the website flyer! I need to do something like this for my packets. I don't think my website gets used enough.

Thanks Kathy,

I LOVE your letters!!!! They are short and to the point, PERFECT. That has been a constant complaint from Hostess they DON"T read the letter TOO LONG. I will be reprinting and redoing my Hostess Packs:chef: :chef:

On the right side of the folder, from back to front, I have:

5 OOF
2 Catalogs
Host/Guest Special (on one sheet)
Recruiting Brochure

On the left side, from back to front:

Guest List Form to fill out, unless they want to email their list
50 Guests In 5 Minutes flyer
Show Planner
Host Cover Letter
6-8 invitations to hand out.

That's it - I have found that any more than that just gets lost in the shuffle, and no one really reads it. I book most shows from shows, so everyone already has a catalog, so I just give them 2 - and let them know that people can also view the catalog at my website. I also let them know it is okay to make copies of the OOF, as needed.

ChefBeckyD said:
On the right side of the folder, from back to front, I have:

5 OOF
2 Catalogs
Host/Guest Special (on one sheet)
Recruiting Brochure

On the left side, from back to front:

Guest List Form to fill out, unless they want to email their list
50 Guests In 5 Minutes flyer
Show Planner
Host Cover Letter
6-8 invitations to hand out.

That's it - I have found that any more than that just gets lost in the shuffle, and no one really reads it. I book most shows from shows, so everyone already has a catalog, so I just give them 2 - and let them know that people can also view the catalog at my website. I also let them know it is okay to make copies of the OOF, as needed.

Becky,

Do you have a copy of the 50 Guests in 5 minutes Flyer???

I am just going thru a pile of stuff I got back from a Hostess. SHE GAVE ME BACK 32 INVITES, this is for tonights show. I am not surprised she is a former consultant, lets hope she has people show up. One of my goals for 2008 is to get my Hostess to mail out ALL the invites.

Thanks!!!!:chef: :chef: :chef:

Here you go!ETA: This really only works though, if you go over with your host during a host coaching call!

Attachments

• CO - 50 GUESTS IN 5 MINUTES.doc
    85 KB · Views: 344
lizdpamperedchef said:
Hi Kristy,

I always include my cover letter, show planner, 3 catalogs, 3 order forms, Hostess & Guest Specials for month, The Opportunity Flyer and most importantly my flyer on What my website can do for you.

Someone sent me this flyer and I made it my own, and it has helped soo much. I will be interested to see what other people put in their Hostess Packs.

Awesome flyer - Thanks so much for sharing.

Hi Becky,

Thanks so much, they are printed and IN the Hostess Packs. I printed 1 and hung it on my Cork Board directly in front of my desk. If I hand it directly in front of me, I remember to talk about it. Hopefully this will help me with my Hostess Coaching!!!!

packetsKathy,
I love your letters, thanks for sharing them. I am new and just starting out so these help alot.

Hi Liz i love your website flyer thank you that totally is helping me with what i was looking to do !!!!!

Can someone post the recipes to choose from flyer?

Thanks!!!

i hadn't really thought of it before but the website flyer is GREAT for those host who are not computer savy!!! thanks for sharing! i'll be including it in my cooking show HP!

Wanted to say that I really like this flyer, had not noticed it before. Thanks!:thumbup:
lizdpamperedchef said:
Hi Kristy,

Here's what I put in my Cooking show packets:

5 catalogues
5 OOFs
Letter to the host
Package of postcard invitations
Sheet with recipe choices
44 friends in 4 minutes sheet
Host special
YLYW brochure with credit coupon

This is too weird, because today while driving back from lunch, I was just thinking "I wonder what I'm supposed to put in a host packet, and if anyone has anything on how to use the website."

I'm having my first show for a complete stranger next month, and wanted to get it right the first time.

(Wait...I just realized that was a poorly constructed sentence. I'm not having my first show next month, just my first show where I haven't previously known the host. Normally I'm just my informal self when dealing with my friends having shows. I need to jazz it up a bit for strangers....)

Everything I need...right here. Without having to search. Fate indeed!

Great tips!! Thanks!!

Shows where you don't know the host can be fun, as well! And thanks to all for the forms, it saves the rest of us time in developing something you've already done so well.

1. What items should be included in a host packet?

A host packet should include a catalog, order forms, invitations, and any special promotions or incentives currently being offered. You may also want to include a thank-you note or personalized message to the host.

2. How many catalogs should be included in a host packet?

It is recommended to include at least 10-15 catalogs for the host to distribute to their guests. However, you can always provide more if the host requests them.

3. Can I include digital materials in a host packet?

Yes, you can include digital materials such as a link to the online catalog or a digital version of the order form. However, it's always a good idea to include physical copies as well for guests who prefer to browse through a physical catalog.

4. Should I include product samples in a host packet?

Including product samples in a host packet can be a great way to showcase the quality of our products and generate interest in the party. However, this is not necessary and will depend on your budget and the preferences of the host.

5. How far in advance should host packets be sent out?

Host packets should be sent out at least 2 weeks before the scheduled party. This gives the host enough time to distribute the materials and for guests to RSVP. It also allows for any last-minute adjustments or additions to the packet.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Katiek77
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Saturday Gourmet
  • ms_twana
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ms_twana
  • pmprdprettyinsnj