1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings What do you out in your catalog host packet?

1. Katiek77

Katiek77 Member

What do you put in your catalog host packet? I'm trying to figure out what to include. How many catalogs do you put in each packet? Also which flyers do you include. Post them here if you can. I am trying to get some ideas.

How do you hostess coach a catalog show??

Which works best: Do you have better luck with the Bingo Game or just offering free products the host collects 20 orders or get some show bookings? Thanks so much! This is a great group.:)

Jul 17, 2009
  2. pc_jessica

pc_jessica Advanced Member

well I am very new! so I am sure others have better ideas but I just did my first catalog show. this is what i included:

5 catalogs
    5 guest special flyers (one for each catalog)
    1 host special flyer of current month
    1 host special flyer for next month (august)
    1 guest special flyer for next month (august)
    15 order forms (and told her to either make copies or get back to me to get more if need be)
    i also am personally doing some extra specials so i put that paper in there as well (5 of those one for each catalog)

I am also doing the catalog host bingo game (i got that from here in the file section)

i agree i love these boards great information from everyone! and it is soo much fun!!

Jul 17, 2009
  3. kittychef

kittychef Member

I have the same question, I'm about to send a catalog host packet to a friend out of state but I'm not sure what to put in it. Thanks for bringing this up

Jul 17, 2009
  4. kcmckay

kcmckay Advanced Member Gold Member

I usually put in 5 catalogs.
    10-15 order forms
    Catalog Show Planner.
    Current Specials
    Next Months Specials
    And just added bingo with most recent packet.

I've attached the planner and bingo I use.

As far as coaching you just need to continue to keep up with the host. Catalog hosts need twice the amount of coaching as cooking show because you don't get to interact with their "guests"

Attached Files:

Jul 18, 2009
  5. Very helpful, thanks!

Jul 21, 2009
  6. Thank you! Once I get up and running and some income coming in, I think the tic-tac-toe idea will be very useful!

7. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

One big thing is to keep it simple. My outside order forms have the guest special on them so I only print out one copy for the host packet. I make sure to point this out to the host. I only include 3 catalogs, if they need more they can call me. I also include the host special.

One big thing to remember is some kind of recruiting information. I give them the DVD and Come Join us Booklet.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
    Jul 25, 2009
  8. cathyskitchen

cathyskitchen Senior Member Gold Member

There is a really great Catalog Show Planner on the "Downloads" section on Consultant's Corner. It looks a lot like the Cooking Show Planner, but is geared to a catalog show, and has the same look and feel of our materials. I don't like using homemade stuff too much b/c I think it takes away from the "professional" aspect of our business.

Anyway, here's the link: https://www.pamperedchef.com/images/cc/us/pdf/catalog_show_planner.pdf

I put that in with my business card on a magnet, 5 catalogs and 10 outside order forms, as well as the host/guest specials for the current month. That's it. I like to keep it simple!

Jul 25, 2009
  9. I also include some little hand-outs (I made a document that has four to a page, and cut them apart) that they can give to people with instructions on how to order on my website. They say:

"Want to place an order online for my catalog show?

Visit (Web Address)

Click “shop online”

Search for my name “Insert Name Here” as the host name

Have fun shopping!"

I've only had two catalog shows so far with these, one didn't use them at all, but it was all my out-of-town family members and I didn't think they'd order online anyway, and the other, the only order she got was an online order, so it worked that time!

Jul 25, 2009
  10. Porchechef

Porchechef Member

Love the tic-tac-toe and hand-outs idea! I am copying your ideas! Thanks!

Jul 29, 2009
  11. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

I wonder why they don't offer a printed version of that on the supply order??? I'd certainly keep them on hand! I do a lot of catalog shows too.

Jul 29, 2009
  12. mom4angela

mom4angela Member

I LOVE the tic tac toe idea! I have a couple questions about it. I KNOW it would be totally up to me to decide, BUT what do YOU do? The top part says "one" award given. The bottom part lists, 1, 2, 3, 4. Is that for EACH bingo or do the select from the list? Thx:chef:

Jul 30, 2009
  13. PamperedSD

PamperedSD Member

I have my first catalog show - thanks for all the great tips!

Question - I know that my host is taking the catalogs to work. Should I print something up and attach it to the catalog as to who is collecting orders and what day they are due. The host mentioned putting one or two in her company break room. Thanks.

Aug 3, 2009
  14. Porchechef

Porchechef Member

Here's the publisher's version of the hand-outs. Since I take so many of yours- I need to share mine! :chef:

Attached Files:

Aug 3, 2009
  15. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

Not a bad idea to try to do. I've had a few folks tell me how they put a catalog out (not for me) and no one knew who it was for.

Aug 3, 2009
  16. Love the tic tac toe - great way to give away the "stuff I don't want" from my surpriase boxes at conference!

17. Laura4

Laura4 Member

I really like the updated catalog show checklist much better than what we were given by pampered chef!! Much more explanatory!!

Attached Files:

Mar 17, 2010
  18. Nep2nfly

Nep2nfly Member

I absolutely love the checklist! This is fantastic! I love this site!

Mar 17, 2010
  19. I love the tic-tac-toe idea and planner. Saved them for my next catalog show.

Mar 22, 2010
  20. I also include in my catalog packs directions on how to set up on-line e-vites for the host and also a page for those that want to place an order either on-line or on an order form. I think this is helpful especially if the catalog gets left in a break room at work.

Mar 24, 2010
  21. CookieChick--Is there any way that you could share that document with us?

Have something to add?