• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Getting Host Packets Back: Experiences & Solutions

with the date. The back has the show planner with the list of guests, the thank you letter, and the list of businesses that I solicited.The left side is labeled for the Host with the date and time of the show, the invitation list, and the information about the Host's Special. The right side has the order form for the guests with the name of the person to whom the invitation is to be sent, the date, time, and address of the person.
redneckgleasonx4
Gold Member
Teresa shared some great info in an earlier thread about the re-useable host packets she puts together. The information is great however, I still have a concern about investing that much money to make a packet and then maybe not getting them back. I usually close my shows by phone and have the host mail me any remaining $'s owed. How do you handle getting catalog packets back? Host packets? Has anyone else done this and had experience with not getting packets back?

Thanks

Kathy

I close almost all of my shows by phone also - and I use disposable host packets. I used to do a very elaborate host packet (haven't seen Teresa's - so I'm just going by my past experience) but the cost was high....and it was more work for me to get them back...PLUS - I didn't see any difference in show sales by giving them all of the flyers. Most of them never read any of it, and it was too much to go over in host coaching - so I went back to just the basics.

I use 2 pocket folders that I get for 5-10 cents each - stock up at back to school time when they are really cheap! - and I put in them:

Left hand pocket
Show Planner
50 Guests in 5 Minutes
Host Letter
Guest List Form
8-10 invitations for handing out

Right Hand Pocket
5 Outside Order Forms (generic)
2 Catalogs
Your Life Your Way brochure
Host/Guest Special for the month
Do You Love A Bargain flyer....or something similar.

That's it - I make them up 20-25 in advance and just add the host/guest special info.

Simple, and I'm not out a bunch of money if they don't come back. I don't even expect them back....but often get them.

What Becky does is what I do too. I, too, did a bunch of fancy stuff & realized it just wasn't worth it. Back to basics for me on host & guest packets. Just couldn't justify it anymore.

I'm one of the ones with the 'fancy' folders. I've never had a problem getting them back. I use the $1 plastic file folders that Target has in the bins up front. They've held up well. I close out my shows over the phone as well so most times I either get the packet back at the show (leave the host with what she thinks she may need), or I'll pick it up when I drop off the thank you letters and receipts. Plus I play Bunco or have a Spouse's meeting that I see my hosts at.
But I may do the switch down the road. I like the idea as well!

My director used to use recyclable host packets, but I don't know if she does any more. She used 1/2" binders with:
catalog in front and back cover (clear pockets)
packet of postcards in inside front cover
5-8 OOFs in inside back cover
page protectors with show planner, monthly specials, Two hostesses poem, recruiting info, etc.She'd collect it from the host at the show to refill and use again. If anyone cancelled, she'd tell them that they had to mail it back to her.

I do mine the same way Becky does. I do ask for the guest list back before they get a host packet. This has cut down on my # of cancelled shows.

In the left Pocket I put:

Catalog for Host with host/ guest specials
Show planner
Tic Tac Toe Game
Your life, Your Way
Host Letter

Right Pocket:
5 Outside Order forms
3 Catalogs with Guest Special inside

Although, I put them together as I need them. Going to try and get some ready when I have down time.

What is the tic tac toe game?

I've been handing out labels to my hosts lately ... a sheet with their show info, which they can put on their post cards, and a blank sheet, which they are to return to me with the names of all people to whom they want to mail an invitation.

I use the more elaborate Host Packet. In addition to what was mentioned in earlier posts, I also include information regarding FunDraisers, Wedding Registry, Opportunity information. I usually ask for the packet back before I leave from the show stating that I like to recycle them. Sometimes I don't get them back from last minute cancelled shows. I chalk that up to the price of doing business (and tax deductable).

I did too...I had a three ring binder with pockets. I switched it was just too hard to get them together not to mention they weigh a ton and postage is well, outrageous on them. The last one I Mailed out, over two and a half years ago, cost me over $3. I gave it up for personalized paperwork instead. The front has the order form. At the top it says your host is, and I put in the hosts name. On the back is the guest special, and next month's host special with a blurb that reads, YOU AND (Hosts name here) COULD GET ONE OF THESE... Makes more sense to me to make it totally disposable. I never have to worry about it again once it leaves my hands. I've got enough to worry about at the party without having to remember to have the host dig it out from where ever. 3 to 5 catties, 5 copied OOFS, Letter telling about the web site, 5-15-5 and what I am planning on serving. I do the 25 square get a dollar for every order you get reiterating the 5-15-5... And the where to find guests sheet and 40 invites. I also have taken to hand delivery as many as I can so I can see where I am going to be working. But if I do have to mail them, well they are currently under $2. AND I DO NOT HAVE TO GET THEM BACK or HAVE THE HOST MAIL IT BACK! I am in the business to make money, not spend all of it! Oh and you do realize that you NEVER get 100% of your costs back right? It actually comes out to about 33%.

Last edited:
I do the same as Becky and the night of the show I just ask to take back any un used paper work cause they don't need it . I always leave them with a catalog so they will have it . I just need to start with sending out the invitations for them after 8 years I need to change some old habits . Shows have been great though so thats good

I use the Merrill Host Envelopes and put everything in there...I don't send it until I get the guest list (or they tell me how many people they'll be inviting so I can make up the invites).

The envelopes look professional, hold everything (3 catalogs, 3 orderforms with instructions to make copies as needed, show planner, host special, guest special, show benefits flier and info on the biz) and I don't much care if they don't return it to me...the envelopes were pretty reasonably priced.

I use hard plastic folders I bought at Walmart around school time. I have used the same ones over and over again since last summer. I never "ask" for the packet back but I always ask the host for her packet before or after the show. Then I go through it and ask if there is anything she wants to keep (recruiting info, host special, guest special...). Then I take the folder home with me.

I don't give out my host packets at my shows but give them what I refer to as a starter packet. It's the "Show Time" flyer with a host letter, SASE and guest list and a catalog that I mark with their name. As soon as they send back the guest list I send out their host packet. Front pocket has Come Join Us booklet with "host coupon" sticking out of the top, DVD and extra invites to hand out. In the middle is two clear protective pages. The first one has the recipes offered, middles has host special on the left and guest special on the right and the last has a blurb about collecting checks, sales tax, etc. In the back pocket I put 3 catalog and 5 outside order forms. I used to do ALOT more in my host packets but found this has been easier. They are easy to refill and cheaper for me!

What is a host packet?

A host packet is a collection of materials that we provide to our hosts to help them plan and host a successful Pampered Chef party. It typically includes invitations, order forms, catalogs, and other useful tools.

How do I ensure that I get my host packet back?

The best way to ensure that you get your host packet back is to communicate clearly with your guests about the importance of returning it. You can also set a specific deadline for when you need it back and follow up with reminders.

What should I do if I don't receive my host packet back?

If you haven't received your host packet back by the agreed upon deadline, reach out to your guests and kindly remind them to return it. If you still don't receive it, please contact your Pampered Chef consultant for assistance.

Can I request additional host packets?

Yes, you can request additional host packets from your Pampered Chef consultant. However, we recommend only requesting the number of packets that you think you will need to avoid waste.

Is it important to return my host packet?

Returning your host packet is important for a few reasons. It helps your consultant accurately track your party's sales and guest orders. It also ensures that you receive any host rewards or discounts that you may be eligible for. Additionally, returning your host packet helps us reduce waste and be more environmentally friendly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• emiscookin
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mrshamel3808
  • kitchenqueen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • Becca_in_MD