• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Leadership Discussion Board - About New Products, Etc.

In summary, the conversation is mainly about the new product announcements from the company Pampered Chef. The participants are excited about the new products, particularly the garlic oil and the salad spinner. They also discuss the sales and promotions they are looking forward to, and how they plan to use the new products in their shows. Some are disappointed with the current sales promotion, but overall everyone is excited for the new products and promotions. There is also a question about whether one of the new products will be similar to an old one that is no longer available.
I agree...but am still excited
Jilleysue said:
I just feel overwhelmed. I feel like I have been building my products up, and now all new stuff is coming out.....Just when I am booking shows to make money....other consultants will have new products out there to show. How do I keep up?

I know what you mean...I just became a consultant & have been trying really hard build up what I have...and NOW everythings NEW :rolleyes: but I am excited to SEE the new stuff, but since im a new consultant, this is my starter month..i also want NEW stuff :p

Jilleysue said:
I just feel overwhelmed. I feel like I have been building my products up, and now all new stuff is coming out.....Just when I am booking shows to make money....other consultants will have new products out there to show. How do I keep up?

I do not think you will have a problem keeping up. I still use older products and just talk about how they are upgraded to be so much better and that one of the reasons I am selling it to get them all for free!

Jilleysue said:

Jill,

It does seem that way in the beginning, but just hang in there. You of course never have to purchase the new items, but you sure do sell more if you have them. Eventually, you will be getting so many bookings that you will start earning some of the new stuff and won't even have to buy all of it or any of it. I invested a pretty good amount this Fall, but made more in commission the first month than I spent on the products (and I spent quite a bit!). I ended up earning level 2 of the sell-a-thon (never earned more than level 1 before) in November, so I will have even less to invest this time! Just be consistent and it will happen. Even if you don't know how to cook ;)

jenniferlynne said:
Jill,

It does seem that way in the beginning, but just hang in there. You of course never have to purchase the new items, but you sure do sell more if you have them. Eventually, you will be getting so many bookings that you will start earning some of the new stuff and won't even have to buy all of it or any of it. I invested a pretty good amount this Fall, but made more in commission the first month than I spent on the products (and I spent quite a bit!). I ended up earning level 2 of the sell-a-thon (never earned more than level 1 before) in November, so I will have even less to invest this time! Just be consistent and it will happen. Even if you don't know how to cook ;)
I totally agree....It will all come together, you just have to buckle down and sell!!!!

You don't have to have the item to sell it. . .our catalogs are very well done.

It does seem overwhelming at first but as stated by several folks, soon you'll be earning products for free. Also, the ones you really want can be purchased for 1/2 price or another reduced rate.

Hang in there and enjoy the excitement of a new selling season.

Yeah I have invested quite a bit so far, so I wondered if others have done that. I didn't want to be the crazy one that has spent more than I have earned. I just figured, the more I have to show, the more people will buy and then and then the more I will earn. I may buy a few new things...but I really want to push what I have now so I earn stuff, that will be much more fun.

Jilleysue said:
Yeah I have invested quite a bit so far, so I wondered if others have done that. I didn't want to be the crazy one that has spent more than I have earned. I just figured, the more I have to show, the more people will buy and then and then the more I will earn. I may buy a few new things...but I really want to push what I have now so I earn stuff, that will be much more fun.

No hon, you're not crazy. I have spent about $1,000.00 more or less then what I have earned in commission, but I too want to have whats "eye candy" to my customer base, keeo them coming back. I seem to, by years end, break even. I say, better to be safe then sorry, and If I earn duplicates, the more the merrier!

Jilleysue said:

Jill, almost all of the consultants I know take to shows only what they need for their demo, and maybe a few new/favorite pieces. That's all I take with me! I used to feel like I needed EVERYTHING too, but after a while, that need isn't so great anymore! I have things now that have never even been out of their boxes, or they've been out, and are now back in.....For example - I've never used or opened the largest Chillzane server piece - but I've sold quite a few of them. I would suggest just purchasing the pieces that you are interested in using yourself, and wait to earn the other stuff.....oh - and I have learned that the seasonal colored stuff, unless it's something I will use myself, is definitely not a priority for me! (here for 6 months and then it's history!)

And, if you want to try a product for a recipe, or have a host or guest that would really really like to see a product that you don't have, you can ask your director if she has it and see if you can borrow it....i've done this before! and the guest did buy it (smooth edge can opener) ...and i would have bought one for myself, but I earned it in in my SS first...

Phew ok...thought I was going crazy..having more boxes come for me than guests....LOL Although I am having so much fun and trying to buy only the basics and not the things that just look pretty. I am trying to buy the things that I really think people will buy. Plus reading on here what the top 10's are and stuff. I have been reading everything in site to make sure my money is being spent wisely. You guys are a great help. I just can't wait to earn stuff so I have two of everything and dont have to unpack to use something...LOL

Jilleysue said:
Phew ok...thought I was going crazy..having more boxes come for me than guests....LOL Although I am having so much fun and trying to buy only the basics and not the things that just look pretty. I am trying to buy the things that I really think people will buy. Plus reading on here what the top 10's are and stuff. I have been reading everything in site to make sure my money is being spent wisely. You guys are a great help. I just can't wait to earn stuff so I have two of everything and dont have to unpack to use something...LOL

Remember the stuff you can earn throuhg your SS bonuses and also that in month 4 you get 40% off of anything not included in your kit or any bonuses you actually got. You really should be fine with just the SS kit if you stick to the recipes specially designed for the kit. Plus if you do an open house/new business show where you are the host then you'd get those benefits too.

My first shows were all family and close friends so I went off their 20% discount and earned commision... I bought things I wanted. I feel that even the old SS kit had enough paired w/ just a few of the more expensive items to help you do well. When I prepare for a show and make my outline I always cross reference. I will show the product that is used in the recipe and have in bold pg. #s of other similar products for them to flip to and look at. I sell so much more that way! I do this w/ every product I show so they may find something better, are paying attention and not talking, and something else in the book may catch their eyes! So no you really don't need everything, I just want it all!!

That is a great idea! can you upload a sample of a handout? I always find everyone searching and searching through the catalog to find somehting specific. I do have an alphabetized list of products and their paid number, but that will soon be out of date..

Jilleysue said:

I generally stick with the rule that if I will not use it in my own kitchen I do not buy it. Unless, it is something really popular that people mention they wish they could see. That way I feel better about spending all my commission on products!

Oh, I don't have a specific outline!!! I have just spent time w/ the book...
For example if I was using the batter bowl I would tell them it was on pg. 32, mention it comes in two sizes (they can see the price) *at the begining I always mention how the warranty is in the black circles and for them to pay attention to that* so I also hope they look at this. I tell them some of the nice and wonderful features about the bowl and then cross sell. I would then direct them to look at pg. 31, the stainless mixing bowl set... and talk a smidgen about them. But I look at my recipes and if I am going to be mixing something for a while I will cross sell a little more. I probably should go though and make a flyer for what cross sells with what best! It would make it easier on me than doing it everytime!!

Wow, that is great! I am not great with memorization, don't do enough shows to learn all of that info!! It is a great idea though - thanks for sharing :)

That is one of the reasons I like the new Consultant PC dollar thing - I felt like I was spending too much on supply/paperwork out of my commission to keep up with changes, etc. If they can "bank" their PC dollars and use it towards their Spring paperwork that would be awesome! I wish I could have done that - I liked earning all the Free product, but PC dollars would have been better.

I too agree with the other posters... in the beginning it seems like you NEED to buy a lot, but try to resist the urge, just buy what you need to do a demo - and most of that can be found on the supply order form. If you stay consistant, the free product & money will come. I earned Level 2 of the sell-a-thon and I'm tickled about all the free product, but my hubby just said "where are we going to put it? Do you really NEED it?" And I probably don't. Plus my bank account is in the + AFTER Christmas and I just put in my lowest supply order ever! It seems like when you need the items (supply or product), you don't have extra $$ - but it will come. Just keep constant with your bookings & do you best at selling!

Good Luck!
Joanne

jenniferknapp said:
Wow, that is great! I am not great with memorization, don't do enough shows to learn all of that info!! It is a great idea though - thanks for sharing :)

My Director has been in the business for 7+ years. She puts the page numbers directly on the products of frequently used products. (Just tapes on little pieces of paper) I have a catalog that goes to shows with me that has little flags sticking out of the top. I've marked stones, forged knives and several other key areas.

HTH

chefjeanine said:
My Director has been in the business for 7+ years. She puts the page numbers directly on the products of frequently used products. (Just tapes on little pieces of paper) I have a catalog that goes to shows with me that has little flags sticking out of the top. I've marked stones, forged knives and several other key areas.

HTH

That is a great idea, but I only have 1 set of products still...and it ends up being the little tools that everyone can't find... pocket thermometer, cook's corer..etc!

Use a shoppers game. I use the queen of all shoppers and say a little rhyme and end it with a product that the guests then have to find in the catty. when they do they pass an envelope that has 3 different slips of paper in it and when the game is over the person with the envelope gets to choose one of the slips of paper sight unseen. If I don't have the product with me I just add it to their order at the end of the show. I use anything that is less than 5.00 or one of the spices as the prize for this game. it gets people looking through the catalog and they usually will see something that catches their eye and then it starts discussion. I generally do this at the end of my demo.
Hope this helps!!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • Products and Tips
2 3 4
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
  • babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views