• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

July Host Specials for Past Hosts

In summary, the past host can't order until the show is complete to see where the show sales end. They can't order until the show is complete to see what's available.
Cr8vKitchen
Can anyone explain to me how the host special works for the booking benefit? I have a host from this month that had two people from her show book in July. How does the special work for her?
Thank you so much!

It's in the fine print at the bottom of the flyer.

The previous host can pick any item in the catalog for 60% off at shows booked from them if the "booked" show is held and submitted in July.

c00p said:
The previous host can pick any item in the catalog for 60% off at shows booked from them if the "booked" show is held and submitted in July.

I do not read it to mean the past host can pick anything at 60% off. I see where it could read that way, but it also says that they must choose from the same options available to the current host based on level. I think they could have worded it better.

Here is part of the fine print:
Note: ...
Hosts with guest sales of $550 or more may select one Stainless Mixing Bowl Set or one Ultimate Mandoline at 60% off. Hosts with guest sales of $150 to 549.99 may select one Ultimate Mandoline at 60% off. The past host from whom the July Show was booked (if the past host’s Show was held on or after Jan. 1, 2009) is eligible to receive their choice of ONE item at 60% off. They may select from the same options available to the current host, based upon guest sales of the current host’s Show.

Yeah, it sounds to me like they mean the bowls or UM depending on show sales...

I read it the same as Paula. So basically, the past host can't order until the show is complete to see where the show sales end?

weren't they going to let past host order either? just like they did for the collapsible bowls this month?

pkd09 said:
I read it the same as Paula. So basically, the past host can't order until the show is complete to see where the show sales end?

This is EXACTLY my issue with how this is working for past hosts. (August, too).

MOST of my past hosts are AT the current host's show. When they come up to order - I do not have a show total at that point. (Around here, my shows hover around $300-600 - so it's not like my shows are at $800 when the past host walks up and I know she can order either!).

So, now, I will need to EXPLAIN the situation to the past host. If they really want the SS Bowls, we are going to have to wait until after the host has gotten all here orders. THEN I am going to have to make an additional call to the past host and tell her what she can get - then get payment. Yuck. We could be lucky and have the past host just give us a CC number and tell us to add the SS bowls, etc etc, but I don't count on this being as easy as that for these 2 months - especially with the cookware in August.

This does not help simplify this business for me. I work FT and only have so much time in the evening for calls. For every call I am making to a past host to clarify WHICH item, it is one less call I am able to make to someone else.

I understand that this can help boost show sales, but it does not make it EASIER for me. JMO.

Kathleen: I understand totally. I also work a FT job and keeping July straight is going to get complicated. Hopefully HO will agree to let the past host have their choice of either the SS Bowls or the Mandoline. That would certainly simplify things.

This definitely helps! I wasn't sure if the "extra" FREE products were going to come into play or not. It sure seems like there should be an easier way to deal with all of this!

Has anyone called to verify with HO? We can't be the only ones with this question.

Go to CC and click on July 2009 Let's Talk Promotions with Jane Miller and read what she writes. She tells us how the new tiered level host specials and booking benefits work for hosts, past hosts and consultants. I just printed it off and read it.

It might explain it better than what others are trying to write here.

It will take time for all of us to learn this new method.

Yup, it depends on the sales of the new host. Bummer! Way too confusing!

Of course, they tell us NOW that by explaining this up front, everybody is happy. Why didn't they tell us that in May or April, when the July people booked their shows?

I'm glad I read the Let's Talk Promotions and that I am on CS because I might have missed out the fine print on the bottom of the host flyers. Just goes to show that you have to read everything and not take it for granted that it is the same.

I am now wondering if they spelled it out on the weekly newsletter we get or in a CN. Something this big should have been addressed to all of us ahead of time so we could be prepared. I thought June's special was just a "fluke" and that is why they fixed the past host special so the past host could get a choice of the 3 not by selling level.

Di_Can_Cook said:
Yup, it depends on the sales of the new host. Bummer! Way too confusing!

Of course, they tell us NOW that by explaining this up front, everybody is happy. Why didn't they tell us that in May or April, when the July people booked their shows?

I guess it goes back to their thinking that we should get the bookings and not trying to sell the bookings by the specials.

interesting thing is..the past host order counts toward the guest special for the current host...this could make a difference if they're waiting to put in the order to see where the current host is...

kreaser said:
interesting thing is..the past host order counts toward the guest special for the current host...this could make a difference if they're waiting to put in the order to see where the current host is...
That's what I keep trying to work out in my mind.So - the host says she has all the orders she can get, and she is $20 short of the next level. The past host then orders from the first level, and gets the UM.That order bumps the host up to the next level...she can now order the SS Bowl Set...but can the past host? Or does her order still have to be at the first level?I just sent an email message to HO for some clarification on this.

Last edited:
ChefBeckyD said:
That's what I keep trying to work out in my mind.

So - the host says she has all the orders she can get, and she is $20 short of the next level. The past host then orders from the first level, and gets the UM.

That order bumps the host up to the next level...she can now order the SS Bowl Set...but can the past host? Or does her order still have to be at the first level?

I just sent an email message to HO for some clarification on this.

My director called about this last week since a few of us were wondering the same thing....

What my director was told on the phone from HO:
Basically the past host can order based on the show level WITHOUT her past host special as part of the show total (I am assuming her actual order of other items would count to show total). If the show is at LEVEL one (and she can only get the Mandoline) and that UM places the show over to LEVEL two, she can only still get the Mandoline.

I would LOVE to see this in writing from HO. Because the fine print says:
They may select from the same options available to the current host, based upon guest sales of the current host’s Show. . That statement does not match up with what my director was told.

If host's show is at $540, and past host adds on the Mandoline, the show total goes to $563.80, which means the current host can get the SS Bowls. HO told my director that the past host ordering the Mandoline to put the show up a level cannot then choose the SS Bowls. If that makes sense...

Bottom Line in my opinion - this makes something that is normally VERY simple so MUCH more difficult than it needs to be - especially for all the new consultants out there! Geez...just wait until cookware in August and adding a past host item onto the show will really change the show's total!!!

Last edited:
Oh and here is another thought:

Most likely host and past host are friends. Let's say this is Aug/cookware month and past host really wants a set of cookware. But the show is not at Level 2. So past host orders something from level 1. This puts the show to Level 2. Current host can now get from Level 2. Do we think that they will not chat and find out?

Especially if you read the Let's talk promotions where we should be coaching the past host to help the current host have a successful show.

kam said:
Oh and here is another thought:Most likely host and past host are friends. Let's say this is Aug/cookware month and past host really wants a set of cookware. But the show is not at Level 2. So past host orders something from level 1. This puts the show to Level 2. Current host can now get from Level 2. Do we think that they will not chat and find out? Especially if you read the Let's talk promotions where we should be coaching the past host to help the current host have a successful show.
Exactly! I stressed in the email I sent to HO that although I was concerned about it for July, I saw it as an even bigger issue for August!I think this is one instance when we need to be inundating HO with our concerns. Squeaky wheel and all, you know....How ticked off is the past host going to be when she gets a skillet, and the current host gets a 7 piece set? It's going to be VERY difficult to explain that one!

UUUUGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!! I searched on here to find out to deal with a current show that is at $400, but the past host wants the SS bowls. I've said no, but that isn't really making either host very happy. I HATE these levels!! My current host is a PC Virgin who was so excited after the show that she called me the next day saying she had orders for 3 pineapple wedgers just by talking about it at work the next day, so she decided to book a show. In our last conversation she kept saying "this is so confusing". Not making me very happy!

Just sent my concerns to HO--if you haven't yet done so....please do!

kam said:
What my director was told on the phone from HO:
Basically the past host can order based on the show level WITHOUT her past host special as part of the show total (I am assuming her actual order of other items would count to show total). If the show is at LEVEL one (and she can only get the Mandoline) and that UM places the show over to LEVEL two, she can only still get the Mandoline.

If host's show is at $540, and past host adds on the Mandoline, the show total goes to $563.80, which means the current host can get the SS Bowls. HO told my director that the past host ordering the Mandoline to put the show up a level cannot then choose the SS Bowls. If that makes sense...
If the current host's show is that close to the $550 level, I don't see the problem with the past host choosing the bowls because regardless of which items she picks, it is going to put the show at or over $550 anyway. It does not say on the flier "past host can choose from the level that the current host is at PRIOR to the addition of the past host special purchase". Does that make sense? As long as you can enter it in P3 and it accepts both hosts getting the bowls, I would do whatever the current and past host wanted.

Ok my question is what if the show is say at $800 can the past host choose the lower level item (the UM) if she wanted instead of the bowls, or MUST she get the bowls? Thanks

over $550 they get a choice, under and they only get the UM

I hate these too, but at least the August and September hosts have a choice. In July, it's the Mandoline or nothing.I have a show in July that is about to close and neither the current host nor the past host wanted the Mandoline. So I offered them both to my customers and one of them snapped it up. That in turn, took my host's show to the $400 level and let her get $20 more in products. So everybody is happy.

1. What are the current July host specials for past hosts?

The current July host specials for past hosts include a free 9-inch stoneware pie dish with any purchase of $75 or more, as well as the opportunity to earn 60% off any one item of your choice.

2. How do I qualify as a past host to receive these specials?

To qualify as a past host and receive these specials, you must have hosted a Pampered Chef party in the past and have made at least one purchase of $200 or more.

3. Can I combine the July host specials for past hosts with other promotions or discounts?

No, the July host specials for past hosts cannot be combined with other promotions or discounts.

4. Is there a limit to how many times I can redeem the July host specials for past hosts?

Yes, there is a limit of one free 9-inch stoneware pie dish per qualifying order, and one 60% off item per past host.

5. How long will the July host specials for past hosts be available?

The July host specials for past hosts will be available for the entire month of July. However, availability is subject to change and while supplies last.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RachelLyn915
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
workingontwo
  • Diamond
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
bellakieu
  • amuia