• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Join the Thread Killers Club and Embrace Your Fate!

In summary, the conversation discusses the thread killers and how they often act. One person talks about how they are a thread killer on another forum and another person talks about how they are a thread killer on a Mac forum. Finally, someone talks about being a thread killer again.
  • #1,701
We switch roles some days and I become the 3yo (Nate - NaNa as we call him) and he becomes mommy... I even got sent to time out a few weeks ago... I was SO excited because in our house when you are in "time out", you can't talk, read or play and no one talks to you... the best part... your time out is the length of your age... I had more than 30 minutes (yes, I served my ENTIRE time) of peace and quite while the "mommy" watched cartoons!!!

• #1,702
katie0128 said:
We switch roles some days and I become the 3yo (Nate - NaNa as we call him) and he becomes mommy... I even got sent to time out a few weeks ago... I was SO excited because in our house when you are in "time out", you can't talk, read or play and no one talks to you... the best part... your time out is the length of your age... I had more than 30 minutes (yes, I served my ENTIRE time) of peace and quite while the "mommy" watched cartoons!!!

Wow! I need to teach my little guy that game!:D

• #1,703
My DS's friends dubbed me Momma Bates several years ago. None of them refer to me as Shawn's mom. I'm Momma Bates. The Furry Guy is much more likely to be referred to as Rae's husband than I am as Chris's wife. I just know lots more people.

• #1,704
raebates said:
I just know lots more people.
Why does that not surprise me?

:D

• #1,705
katie0128 said:
With three kids under 8, I'm "mommyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy"... always VERY loud and VERY whiny...

Yeah, I get that too - my oldest will be 8 in July and he can be just as bad as the twins (who just turned 4 on Tuesday:) )!!! One day I told them all that was not my name anymore, so then they started yelling "Amy" all day. UGGHHHHH - where do they get their smart mouths from?!?!?:D :D

• #1,706
You? No! Couldn't be.... maybe their dad?

• #1,707
I once told my DS that I'd changed my name. Until he guessed it, I wouldn't answer. After a few minutes of guesses, he gave up. Ahh, peace and quiet.

Of course, we didn't speak for years. Hmmm, maybe that's related. http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/confused0006.gif

• #1,708
It's crunch time.....Hi everybody!!!! I just wanted to let you guys know that I am going to be MIA for about the next 2-3 weeks. Yes the end of my school is almost here and Mr. Procrastination has not done page 1 of the 40 page paper that is due in mid-June. So, I am going to take some time and get it complete so I don't fail this class and can get my degree.

Have fun trying to kill this beast and I know I will have a lot of catching up to do.

• #1,709
MIA for a couple weeks? What do you call where you've been lately??:confused:

Good luck with the paper ...and next time make a plan and get a little done each week so this doesn't happen again! (The mom talking now)

• #1,710
Good luck, Jason! We'll miss you. Now go get that paper done!

(I'm a mom, too.)

• #1,711
Jason! Where HAVE you been?!?!?!
Good luck on the paper!

• #1,712
amy07 said:
Yeah, I get that too - my oldest will be 8 in July and he can be just as bad as the twins (who just turned 4 on Tuesday:) )!!! One day I told them all that was not my name anymore, so then they started yelling "Amy" all day. UGGHHHHH - where do they get their smart mouths from?!?!?:D :D

That is so funny... My oldest will be 8 on July 3... when is your's turning 8? He has a habit of being a bit more "vocal" than the 3yo, mainly because he know LOTS more words!

• #1,713
july 6th. And yes, he is very vocal as well.

• #1,714
This thread is on page 115!

Ann R

• #1,715
I'm sure it will continue......................UNLESS you guys let me kill it!

• #1,716
Your dream for that = squash... just like grape (just saw Karate Kid a few weeks ago... I love that line)

• #1,717
Wax on. Wax off.

• #1,718
Paint fence... up, down, up, down

• #1,719
Okay everyone. It's late time to go to bed and dream of (whatever you dream about) and forget about this thread. I've got it.

• #1,720
nope i just had a big glass of some soft drink not really sure what it was because it was dark in the kitchen and all i know is that it had lots of caffiene that is kicking in so i'm going to be up for quite a while sorry to burst your bubble but that is they way the cookie crumbles oh shoot now i'm hungry but i'll be back as soon as i can find something to eat

• #1,721
Must have been some snack!

Hopefully she's still eating or finallly fell asleep and forgets about this thread.

• #1,722
But I'm up today, and patrolling CS.

neener neener neener...

(I put another button in the mail for you, Beth.)

• #1,723
I knew either you or Rae would be watching this thread!

And thanks Ann! I don't understand what happened to the first one. I always get my mail. ...but then a relative of my mail carrier was just arrested for stealing and burying mail and several of her relatives were implicated. Maybe he stole it.:eek: I'll have to watch to see if he's wearing my CS button! ...seriously, thanks! I'm sorry you had to resend.

• #1,724
Good grief! I had heard stories of postal carriers stealing cards that had gift cards in them, but I never knew anyone who had a bad carrier.

It's not a problem to resend. If the other one shows up, give it to someone you know.

• #1,725
BethCooks4U said:
I knew either you or Rae would be watching this thread!

And thanks Ann! I don't understand what happened to the first one. I always get my mail. ...but then a relative of my mail carrier was just arrested for stealing and burying mail and several of her relatives were implicated. Maybe he stole it.:eek: I'll have to watch to see if he's wearing my CS button! ...seriously, thanks! I'm sorry you had to resend.

Hey that's funny - we just had several Postal Workers arrested in GR not to long ago, for just throwing out all kinds of mail! Right at the main Post Office! Makes you wonder how often this actually goes on.....?:confused:

• #1,726
Becky, I just billed you for a button.

• #1,727
Thanks for spoiling things for Beth, Ann. I've been actually working today at work, so I haven't been on here most of the day.

Of course, my work got sidetracked a bit when my baby boy showed up. I posted a thread about it. He surprised me at work. Didn't expect to see him til Christmas. I love that boy of mine.

• #1,728
raebates said:
Thanks for spoiling things for Beth, Ann. I've been actually working today at work, so I haven't been on here most of the day.

Of course, my work got sidetracked a bit when my baby boy showed up. I posted a thread about it. He surprised me at work. Didn't expect to see him til Christmas. I love that boy of mine.
Oh, yes! We wouldn't want Beth to win! Noooooooooo:rolleyes:

• #1,729
BethCooks4U said:
Oh, yes! We wouldn't want Beth to win! Noooooooooo:rolleyes:
Nope, we wouldn't.

:)

• #1,730
raebates said:

Christmas??? WOW... what a long time. What brought him back so early?

• #1,731
Thought I'd just log in this evening.

Looking around hoping no one sees me here.

• #1,732
katie0128 said:
Christmas??? WOW... what a long time. What brought him back so early?

He had a little extra cash in May because lots of people remembered his birthday. One of his friends (TJ) told him that he should make a quick trip home before the summer ministry started. TJ told him that he was always talking about his parents and his friends. It was obvious he missed us, and he should see us while he could. The bus ticket was only $104 round trip. He planned this in mid-May. I'm actually a little shocked that he kept the secret.

• #1,733
And what are you doing online here with us, Rae?!? You should be enjoying your son's company, since it's been so long since you saw him last.Go! We'll watch the fort here.

• #1,734
Uh, thanks Ann. I'm sure I could trust you. Actually he won't be home until late tonight. He's traveling around surprising friends. There's a big show tonight at a Christian youth club. He'll have a great time. I get him tomorrow. It will probably be mid-morning before he wakes up, but he'll be home for several hours after that. Trust me. I'll spend every moment I can with him.

• #1,735
Can someone please tell me how to start a thread....I have a newsletter to post

• #1,736
Go to the main page that lists all the forums.
Click on the forum you want to post your thread in.
At the bottom of the list of threads, you'll see a "New Thread" button.
Click on that and start typing away.

• #1,737
Morning all!! Hope you all have a wonderful Saturday.....actually hope you all will be working today to earn our freebies!! I know I'm hoping my first show of the month is a great one!
Have a great day, and I'll try to sneak in to see who is "winning"!

OH, and Rae, have a blast with your son!! I think that is the sweetest thing, how he surprised you!

• #1,738
Thanks, Amy. He's asleep on the couch right now. (Don't worry. He loves the couch. That's where he slept most of the last two years he was living here.)

• #1,739
Good afternoon everyone. You will be happy to know that I revived this thread once more. I SHOULD be doing a show right now but the host called yesterday (no emailed) and said that she had no guests for various reasons. Oh, well, she does have orders so it will be a catty show and she lives an hour away...

• #1,740
Hello ladies... and gentlemen! Just wanted to pop in to say hello. Thinking of changing my name to Lobster lady. I am sun burnt to a crisp. Two days worth. I can tell you, kids sunscreen is better than none, but you have to be persistant with it. IF my team wasnt $1085 richer from our Cluster Conference Garage Sale, I might have thought the sun burn was for nothing! Heheheh. Yeah team!

• #1,741
We just got home from and end of season party for our community theatre group. Lots of fun!

• #1,742
pchefkristin said:
Hello ladies... and gentlemen! Just wanted to pop in to say hello. Thinking of changing my name to Lobster lady. I am sun burnt to a crisp. Two days worth. I can tell you, kids sunscreen is better than none, but you have to be persistant with it. IF my team wasnt $1085 richer from our Cluster Conference Garage Sale, I might have thought the sun burn was for nothing! Heheheh. Yeah team!

I got a sunburn like that once... it blistered EVERYWHERE and hurt sooooo bad.:( I ended up wearing my bathing suit for about a week because I couldn't put on any other "unmentionables"... But if I had earned $1K+, I would have thought it was worth it as well! Great job!:D

• #1,743
Couldn't just let me win. Could ya?Sorry about your sunburn, Kristin. Hope you feel better soon.

• #1,745
Beth, you are a early riser, huh?

• #1,746
Late to bed early to rise and sometimes up in the middle of the night, rarely take a nap. I have got it covered!:p

• #1,747
BethCooks4U said:
Late to bed early to rise and sometimes up in the middle of the night, rarely take a nap. I have got it covered!:p

ohhh, how do you do it. I LOVE my sleep, even if it is sporadic and often interrupted! Thank goodness for Lunesta!!

• #1,748
Nothing to report - just checkin' in to make sure this thread keeps going!!!!

• #1,749
Thanks! I was hoping someone would! You saved me the trouble.

• #1,750
Any SuggestionsFigured I'd put this out for the faithful instead of starting a a new thread since people are always checking in here. We have a problem at our house.....ANTS:eek: :eek:

We live in a verrrrryyyy rural area (we don't even have a stoplight!:eek: ). And every year about this time we get ants. That's in addition to the ladybug infestation 2x/year, as well as the wasps!:eek: :eek: Any suggestions for what to do to get rid of them? And yes, we've done the traps/sprays etc, but keep in mind I still have small (read: curious) children, so I try to limit the hard stuff if possible.

<h2>1. What is the Thread Killers Club and how do I join?</h2><p>The Thread Killers Club is a group for people who have a tendency to "kill" online forum threads by being the last person to comment, resulting in no further discussion. To join, simply search for the Thread Killers Club forum and request to join.</p><h2>2. How do you know if you are a thread killer?</h2><p>If you consistently find yourself being the last person to comment on forum threads, or if you notice a lack of responses after you post, it's likely that you are a thread killer. Don't worry, it's a common phenomenon!</p><h2>3. Can being a thread killer be a good thing?</h2><p>Yes, being a thread killer can have its benefits. You may be the person who sparks a new topic or provides a conclusive answer to a question. Plus, being a thread killer can also be a source of humor and self-awareness.</p><h2>4. How can I break the cycle of being a thread killer?</h2><p>One way to break the cycle is to actively engage in discussions and ask open-ended questions to encourage others to participate. You can also try to be the first to comment on a new thread instead of waiting until the end.</p><h2>5. Are there any other thread killers in the Pampered Chef community?</h2><p>There may be other thread killers in the community, but don't let that discourage you! The Thread Killers Club is a fun and supportive space for all thread killers, so feel free to embrace your fate and join the club.</p>

Related to Join the Thread Killers Club and Embrace Your Fate!

1. What is the Thread Killers Club and how do I join?

The Thread Killers Club is a group for people who have a tendency to "kill" online forum threads by being the last person to comment, resulting in no further discussion. To join, simply search for the Thread Killers Club forum and request to join.

2. How do you know if you are a thread killer?

If you consistently find yourself being the last person to comment on forum threads, or if you notice a lack of responses after you post, it's likely that you are a thread killer. Don't worry, it's a common phenomenon!

3. Can being a thread killer be a good thing?

Yes, being a thread killer can have its benefits. You may be the person who sparks a new topic or provides a conclusive answer to a question. Plus, being a thread killer can also be a source of humor and self-awareness.

4. How can I break the cycle of being a thread killer?

One way to break the cycle is to actively engage in discussions and ask open-ended questions to encourage others to participate. You can also try to be the first to comment on a new thread instead of waiting until the end.

5. Are there any other thread killers in the Pampered Chef community?

There may be other thread killers in the community, but don't let that discourage you! The Thread Killers Club is a fun and supportive space for all thread killers, so feel free to embrace your fate and join the club.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ShellBeach
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
Replies
Views
Ashery
  • mrssyvo
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service