• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Join the Thread Killers Club and Embrace Your Fate!

In summary, the conversation discusses the thread killers and how they often act. One person talks about how they are a thread killer on another forum and another person talks about how they are a thread killer on a Mac forum. Finally, someone talks about being a thread killer again.
  • #1,751
I would always put terro out at night when the kids went to bed. The ants would swarm it and be gone in the morning. You cna get it at hardware stores.

• #1,752
You can kill the ants, but you can't kill this thread. I won't let ya.

• #1,753
BethCooks4U said:
I would always put terro out at night when the kids went to bed. The ants would swarm it and be gone in the morning. You cna get it at hardware stores.

That's what I do too - and I haven't found anything that works as well as Terro - If you do this for a couple nights - you shouldn't have ants the rest of the summer! (Put the Terro near where you think the ants are getting in)

• #1,754
We get ants (the really big black ones) and carpenter bees - nasty little things!!! Now I have a family of chipmunks living under the front porch and I'm afraid that if they are there too long, they will dig out all the ground under my porch!

• #1,755
thanks for the tip about the terro. I emailed DH to pick some up on his way home from work. Can't wait to be rid of them, they are the tiny black ones! You know the ones that even when you try to smoosh 'em they just will not die!?!?

• #1,756
Yep, those are even worse than the big black ones... At least my cats are amused with the big ones... they keep trying to eat them.

• #1,757
So far we only have a mosquito problem. Apparently our town does not spray to control them. Wish they would though... I took a pic off my front porch last week and there was THOUSANDS of them!

• #1,758
You can control the mosquito population by:
a) eliminating standing water on your property (including bird bath, pet dishes, etc.)
b) install a bat house. Bats eat hundreds of mosquitos a day. If you search the internet, you can find pre-made bat houses or plans to make your own. They come with instructions for the best places to mount them so they attract bats. It's a little late this year to get bats, but if you hang a house now, you might attract some next spring.

• #1,759
And, Kristin, I notice that you're in Michigan. There is a "Small Brown Bat" population in Michigan, so you could have great success with a bat house.The Organization for Bat Conservation is headquartered at the Cranbrook Institute of Science, in Bloomfield Hills. They offer tips, etc. for bat houses, and you can also post numbers when you notice that you have resident bats.http://www.batconservation.org/

• #1,760
Of course, knowing my luck with wildlife, the bats would then take up residence in my attic or some other undesirable location. The wildlife at my house likes to live where they are not supposed to be!

• #1,761
Of course, that's different from being bats, which already applies to many of us. :D

• #1,762
There were bats in the belfry (yes, really) of the chapel building at my college. One of them decided to come out and fly around the stage during the middle of a recital. :)

• #1,763
chefann said:
Of course, that's different from being bats, which already applies to many of us.

:D

Yep, totally agree... Cheffers are batty...

Oh wait, that includes me... oh, I guess I still agree!:D

• #1,764
Now I'm just waiting for KG to get here so I can tell him that we're all batty!He's about 40 minutes from here, on the road (see my Who's Coming to Dinner thread).

• #1,765
OMG I can't believe it has been this long since someone posted. Sorry Ann not killing this!

• #1,766
awww......So there. You can't kill it either.

• #1,767
and just because you had the special guest for dinner doesn't give you the right to kill it either! BUT I love the picture!

oh, and so far no ants this morning! Thanks for the tips guys!

• #1,768
amy07 said:
and just because you had the special guest for dinner doesn't give you the right to kill it either! BUT I love the picture!

oh, and so far no ants this morning! Thanks for the tips guys!
What picture? Did I miss something? - oh, wait! Is it that bat link?

• #1,769
Nope. Check the "Guess who's coming to dinner" thread.

• #1,770
chefann said:
Nope. Check the "Guess who's coming to dinner" thread.
Oh I saw that one! <Of course! I should have realized it was a cross-post!/> Love the hats! Ann, you look way different then I thought - now I know who I'll be looking for on Sunday!

• #1,771
And I'll have the fruit hat in Chicago, so you can just look for that, too. Well, that and the Post Slut shirt. :)

• #1,772
Wow! You've all been really busy since I was here yesterday morning. Not busy enough to kill this, but, still, very busy.

• #1,773
IF this thread ever dies.....how would we know? Would we have to start a new thread announcing the demise of the Thread Killers Thread?

• #1,774
<giggle>

It's title could be "RIP: Thread Killers Thread"

• #1,775
Old threads never die. They just unravel.

• #1,776
OMG!!! This has to be the longest this thread has been quiet!:eek: I cannot believe TKG didn't jump on that unravel comment.

Oh, well! I saved it. (whew! Good thing I looked!)

• #1,777
Beth, you're so funny. :D

You still bringing cake to the Meet 'n' Greet?

• #1,778
Dang! I almost killed it! Curses, foiled again!

• #1,779
not a chance Rae, I was getting to it too! I was just kinda checking out the procratinators thread, and figured it would be ok.........and checking out the directors issues, and the positive thread, and the....................booking issues, and what was my problem again? Oh yeah, I STILL need to make those calls, but here I sit on the computer.

Things that make you go hmmmmmm.........

• #1,781
Yeah, and I've got your back Rae.

Yes, Ann, I'll bring the chocolate cake.

• #1,782
If you bring cake, you'll be my best friend. (At least until the cake is gone.)

• #1,783
oh goodie! I love being best friends!! Any particular recipe you want me to make?

Who's going to bring the plates and forks?

• #1,784
Gee, sounding a little mercenary there, Ann. Of course, since it's chocolate we'll forgive you.

• #1,785
I might have some that I can stash in my suitcase. Any chocolate cake is fine by me. (hmmm..... I should think of one that nobody else will eat, so I can have the whole thing.)

• #1,786
I know! Can you make the s'mores brownies that Rae posted? Those would be good to share.

• #1,787
They are also finger food and would probably travel well.

• #1,788
Okay. What thread is that recipe on?

• #1,789
It's on the Brownie S'Mores thread.

• #1,790
Found it using a search - who'd a thunk??

It sounds great! I will definitely make this! Does it taste as good cold as it sounds like it would warm?? mmmmmmmmmmmm...

• #1,791
Ok, Rae I made my calls, and still no luck, so I'm back to annoy you guys!

Atleast I thought I was...........now, I have to go find some chocolate!

• #1,792
Haven't made them yet. I just read the recipe about 2 minutes before posting it. I plan to make them tonight, though. It says to serve warm or at room temperature, so they should be fine.

Let's see. I'll need to eat one right away. [Wait 30 minutes.] Eat another. [Wait 30 minutes.] Eat another. [Wait 30 minutes.] Eat another. [Wait 30 minutes.] Eat another. [Wait 30 minutes.] Eat another. [Wait 30 minutes.] Eat another. [Wait 30 minutes.] Eat another. [Wait 30 minutes.] Eat another.

I should have a good set of data available for you tomorrow morning.

• #1,793
Hold on! The FedEx truck is here!

• #1,794
It's my new wood blinds for my office!

• #1,795
Ooooh, classy.

• #1,796
Hey, Ann, I can see why you got this thread and the hijacker's thread confused.

• #1,797
I got a FedEx box today with food in it! And dry ice!!!It's a sandwich for a consumer survey. I'd tell you about it, but then I'd have to kill you.

• #1,798
I got all excited when the UPS truck stopped in front of my house the other day. But they went to the neighbor's.

HEY! If you don't like the hijack you can just not reply and "show me" by letting the thread die.

• #1,799
BethCooks4U said:
HEY! If you don't like the hijack you can just not reply and "show me" by letting the thread die.
Not gonna happen.

Sorry.

Not really.

• #1,800
Nice try, though.

<h2>1. What is the Thread Killers Club and how do I join?</h2><p>The Thread Killers Club is a group for people who have a tendency to "kill" online forum threads by being the last person to comment, resulting in no further discussion. To join, simply search for the Thread Killers Club forum and request to join.</p><h2>2. How do you know if you are a thread killer?</h2><p>If you consistently find yourself being the last person to comment on forum threads, or if you notice a lack of responses after you post, it's likely that you are a thread killer. Don't worry, it's a common phenomenon!</p><h2>3. Can being a thread killer be a good thing?</h2><p>Yes, being a thread killer can have its benefits. You may be the person who sparks a new topic or provides a conclusive answer to a question. Plus, being a thread killer can also be a source of humor and self-awareness.</p><h2>4. How can I break the cycle of being a thread killer?</h2><p>One way to break the cycle is to actively engage in discussions and ask open-ended questions to encourage others to participate. You can also try to be the first to comment on a new thread instead of waiting until the end.</p><h2>5. Are there any other thread killers in the Pampered Chef community?</h2><p>There may be other thread killers in the community, but don't let that discourage you! The Thread Killers Club is a fun and supportive space for all thread killers, so feel free to embrace your fate and join the club.</p>

Related to Join the Thread Killers Club and Embrace Your Fate!

1. What is the Thread Killers Club and how do I join?

The Thread Killers Club is a group for people who have a tendency to "kill" online forum threads by being the last person to comment, resulting in no further discussion. To join, simply search for the Thread Killers Club forum and request to join.

2. How do you know if you are a thread killer?

If you consistently find yourself being the last person to comment on forum threads, or if you notice a lack of responses after you post, it's likely that you are a thread killer. Don't worry, it's a common phenomenon!

3. Can being a thread killer be a good thing?

Yes, being a thread killer can have its benefits. You may be the person who sparks a new topic or provides a conclusive answer to a question. Plus, being a thread killer can also be a source of humor and self-awareness.

4. How can I break the cycle of being a thread killer?

One way to break the cycle is to actively engage in discussions and ask open-ended questions to encourage others to participate. You can also try to be the first to comment on a new thread instead of waiting until the end.

5. Are there any other thread killers in the Pampered Chef community?

There may be other thread killers in the community, but don't let that discourage you! The Thread Killers Club is a fun and supportive space for all thread killers, so feel free to embrace your fate and join the club.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ShellBeach
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
Replies
Views
Ashery
  • mrssyvo
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service