• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Join the Thread Killers Club and Embrace Your Fate!

In summary, the conversation discusses the thread killers and how they often act. One person talks about how they are a thread killer on another forum and another person talks about how they are a thread killer on a Mac forum. Finally, someone talks about being a thread killer again.
  • #2,001
Oh wait, that WAS post 2000.

• #2,002
Oh no... what happened?

• #2,003
Work, money, spouse, kids. A little bit of all of it. BUT I am going next year for sure. I will have most of it all ironed out for sure next year. I am so bummed.....

• #2,004
At least $ isn't as much of an issue for Leadership - travel costs are a tad cheaper... at least for us!

• #2,005
I'm sorry life got in the way of NC this year, Tina. The Furry Guy and I are planning a trip to the Cincinnati area this fall. Maybe we can meet then. I'm pretty sure I won't be wearing the special ensemble, but I'd enjoy a chance to laugh with you in person.

• #2,006
We'll plan fun for next year, too. I have a feeling that we're going to end up having so much fun at all the CS mixers that they'll become semi-annual events: Conference AND Leadership!

• #2,007
I do plan on going to leadership. Hopefully things will work out for that one. I am glad it is so close.

Rae, Love to meet ya. You mean you won't be wearing the post slut outfit out for the evening?? I would be so disappointed. Just kidding. Love to meet ya sometime soon. Are you planning on Leadership in Cinti?

I already met Katie at a local training, but my ride's child got sick and she had to leave me there alone, so I was looking for a ride close to my house, and a little frazzled that day. Maybe next time we will have a better chance to talk.

Last edited:
  • #2,008
It's Out!!The popcorn kernel has been removed!!!! :D The little guy is doing great! And he has a his souvenir in a little specimen cup that he likes to show off to everyone. It was HUGE! Not sure if the moisture in his ear caused it to expand or if it was that big to begin with. The doctor says his ear canal is VERY irritated and inflamed so we will be watching closely for signs of infection and follow up to ensure he has not suffered any hearing loss. Thanks for all of your prayers!

Now, back to your regular chit chat..........

• #2,009
raebates said:
I'm sorry life got in the way of NC this year, Tina. The Furry Guy and I are planning a trip to the Cincinnati area this fall. Maybe we can meet then. I'm pretty sure I won't be wearing the special ensemble, but I'd enjoy a chance to laugh with you in person.

When ya comin' and where ya' goin'? I need a good excuse to clean my house when the oldest DS goes back to school, so.......... If you're going to be here long enough, why don't we have a "meet 'n greet" at my house? I'd love to have everyone over...
Thoughts?

• #2,010
I can't believe this is still going on! LOL

• #2,011
katie0128 said:
When ya comin' and where ya' goin'? I need a good excuse to clean my house when the oldest DS goes back to school, so.......... If you're going to be here long enough, why don't we have a "meet 'n greet" at my house? I'd love to have everyone over...
Thoughts?
I think this is a great idea! Just let me know and I'll be there!!

BTW: They are talking about Leadership in January 08.

• #2,012
Rae was talking about a trip she and the DH are making to Cincinnati in the fall - that was what the invite was for...

However, if everyone wants, I'd be more than willing to do one in January... keeping in mind I do live about 30 minutes west of downtown... but if people want to come, I'd love to have you all!!!

• #2,013
First, I would love to go to Leadership Conference. As soon as I can find two recruits at the same time, I'll be there. We aren't sure exactly when we'll be making that Cincinnati trip. It will probably be late September or early October. We're planning to go to Jungle Jim's. We understand they have exotic meats and other unusual grocery items. I think we'll be taking the weekend to camp and have fun. Once we have the plans in place, I'll start a meet & greet thread. You'll have to put up with The Furry Guy, but he's basically harmless and fairly fun.

• #2,014
Oops! :eek: Sorry, I should read further back! I wondered why we were discussing this so soon. It's the Cincinati thing that confused me - lol.

Rae, I thought you already were at least a FD!

• #2,015
Ya know what's really sad... I've lived in Cinti my whole life (although it has not been THAT long... I'm still a spring chicken!) and I have never been to Jungle Jims. Maybe we should all meet there and see how much trouble we can cause. Someone told me they have a train there and it is now listed on the highway exit sign under "Attractions".

• #2,016
I was just thinking the same thing. I remember Jungle Jim's when it was just a fruit stand. (No it's not 100 years old.. yet) I have never been there either. I lived near Route 4 as a young child and visited family in Hamilton several times a year until I was 15. Now I only visit family every few years, and I just looked up Jungle Jim's on the internet a few weeks ago. I really want to go. They bring in people from all over the US, and apparently Indiana !!

They offer cooking classes, have all kinds of attractions, and I don't remember the rest. But it is HUGE now, compared to the little stand it used to be. I think they still have the original gorilla that I remember.

Last edited:
  • #2,017
raebates said:
First, I would love to go to Leadership Conference. As soon as I can find two recruits at the same time, I'll be there.

We aren't sure exactly when we'll be making that Cincinnati trip. It will probably be late September or early October. We're planning to go to Jungle Jim's. We understand they have exotic meats and other unusual grocery items. I think we'll be taking the weekend to camp and have fun. Once we have the plans in place, I'll start a meet & greet thread. You'll have to put up with The Furry Guy, but he's basically harmless and fairly fun.

My question is this:

Can he deal with US?

• #2,018
Good point, Tina.

Although, he is married to Rae, so he's probably trained pretty well!!

• #2,019
That may be true, but who is going to keep us in line?

• #2,020
Nobody needs to keep CSers in line! We're a party waiting to happen!

• #2,021
And there inlies the trouble...

• #2,022
Of course if the Furry Guy is used to Rae's sense of humor and adventure, maybe he can deal with us as well.... or ignore us as well.

• #2,023
The Furry Guy has been married to me for over 22 years. He can handle pretty much anything. :eek:

From what I hear, Jungle Jim's may indeed be a wonderful place to meet up. The Furry Guy heard that they had exotic meats. Since we were already planning our groundhog roast, it sounded interesting to him. Then his aunt & uncle stayed with us. They live in Ohio. They told us more about it, and we decided we definitely have to go.

Beth, I fool a lot of people because I'm full of opinions. I'm also full of something else, but we won't go there. :rolleyes: I've had only one recruit, and she has dropped off the face of the earth. I have several who are "interested." The great thing is that, once I have the recruits, you people have me completely prepared to direct them well. :)

• #2,024
raebates said:
The Furry Guy has been married to me for over 22 years. He can handle pretty much anything. :eek:

From what I hear, Jungle Jim's may indeed be a wonderful place to meet up. The Furry Guy heard that they had exotic meats. Since we were already planning our groundhog roast, it sounded interesting to him. Then his aunt & uncle stayed with us. They live in Ohio. They told us more about it, and we decided we definitely have to go.

Beth, I fool a lot of people because I'm full of opinions. I'm also full of something else, but we won't go there. :rolleyes: I've had only one recruit, and she has dropped off the face of the earth. I have several who are "interested." The great thing is that, once I have the recruits, you people have me completely prepared to direct them well. :)

I've been married almost 23 years myself, well I mean to the same guy. But I am not sure if he could handle all this. He is very busy and works different shifts and therefore is off schedule ALL the time.

I found a list of exotic meats that Jungle Jim's has and I don't see groundhog, but the Furry Guy might still be enchanted. (and it could be in the MORE category:rolleyes: )

Study the wildlife in Jungle Jim’s exotic meat case for new frontiers in food fun. Broadleaf venison medallions, buffalo steaks and wild boar black bean chili will drive out the hamburgers-again! Blues. Try elk, rattlesnake, alligator, kangaroo and caribou, too! You’ll spot flocks of gourmet game birds: pheasant and guinea hens, Long Island duckling, young goose, quail and tender squab.

• Rabbit
• Ostrich
• Buffalo
• Elk
• Wild Boar
• Alligator
• Rattlesnake
• Fresh New Zealand Venison
• Antelope
• Caribou
• Tur-Duc-Hens
• Turtle
• And MORE!

I only have one recruit at this point but at least hope to have 2 by Leadership.

• #2,025
After my cousin spent a year as an exachange student in Equador, he developed a taste for roasted guinea pig... My sister had a few pet guinea pigs at the time and was not amused when Nathan thanked her for raising such a good dinner...

• #2,026
I think the most exotic foods I have tried were shark, escagot (not that exotic, but my husband thinks so) and frog legs!! Couldn't imagine guinea pig or groundhog!! (Sorry Rae)

• #2,027
DH has had strange stuff - rattlesnake, ostrich, dolphin. I'm very happy with my nice, traditional, boring cows and pigs.

• #2,028
No offense taken, Tina. I can't say it's something I'd want to add to my regular menu choices.

I actually went to the Jungle Jim's website and printed off a bunch of stuff for The Furry Guy. I'm kind of psyched to go myself. Sounds like a really interesting place. We've actually tried most of the things on the official list, but we're hoping to find something new in the "and more."

And, Katie, I'm not sure I could eat guinea pig. I can't bring myself to eat rabbit because my brother raised one when we were kids. We both had guinea pigs, so I'd feel like I was eating a pet.

• #2,029
There's a restaurant called The Fort outside of Denver that has some very strange food. I was VERY pregnant, so I passed on the Rocky Mountain Oysters, but I tried the rattlesnake and toungue (tasted like pot roast). The worst was they served well water which was extremely salty tasting, even the iced tea was terribly salty.

I rode the long drive back into town between two business men in business suits squished into the back seat of a car not meant to carry three adults in the back seat, praying my water wouldn't break!

• #2,030
Katie,
Your almost a stripper (I think).

A couple more 'ditto for me' responses and your there!!

• #2,031
'ditto for me' #1

• #2,032
wait 30 seconds...

• #2,033
Yeah, I think 800 is the new "stripper" goal. I personally think 900 would have been more appropriate for a stripper star....

• #2,034
No, No, NO... don't give our wonderful, terrific, outstanding admin-god any ideas of changing it... I'm going to do this TONIGHT!

• #2,035
Naw, he won't change it...

but...1-900 is more appropriate for a stripper than 1-800....

• #2,036
Although, 900 would be funny!

Darn it... I hate this 30 second wait rule...

8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1... POST

• #2,038
How about 6900?

• #2,039
That would raise a few eyebrows also. What a great number.

• #2,040
Morning, thread killer wanna-bes.

• #2,041
Waking up or haven't gone to bed yet?

I'm sitting here pricing rummage sale junk and wishing I was sleeping...

• #2,042
genburk said:
That would raise a few eyebrows also. What a great number.
KG and I had a conversation about how humorous it is that Big Beaver Road in metro Detroit is exit 69 from the interstate. :D

• #2,043
dianevill said:

I'm waking up. Ugh. I slept in an extra 15 minutes. Wish it could be all day.

But I have a special project at work. The recruiting dept. wanted an electronic version of the company's employment application that people could fill out electronically. Currently, they have a PDF. The marketing dept. told them that it would be at least a week to do a Word version because they'd have to retype everything.

I had it basically converted for them in about an hour. Now I'm finessing it, and adding form fields so that people can only enter their info, and can't modify the legalese. (I did mention to the recruiters that the full version of Acrobat can create form PDFs that have data entry areas. They didn't know that. Just like they didn't know there's software out there that will convert from PDF to Word.)

• #2,044
dianevill said:

I'll be doing the same later today.....So, are you going to set up a PC table like I've been reading on other threads? I think I'm going to try it. I really need to get a fresh list of contacts.

• #2,045
I was up and had already cleaned my kitchen when I posted that.

• #2,046
raebates said:
I was up and had already cleaned my kitchen when I posted that.
Ok. That kind of energy is not allowed!:eek:

Actually I am going and going and going. My 13 year old granddaughter is visiting and we are doing something every minute. Today we painted pottery and scoured a local antique mall. Tomorrow we are visiting a Moravian Village and having dinner out. Maybe a doll museum too!

• #2,047
chefann said:
KG and I had a conversation about how humorous it is that Big Beaver Road in metro Detroit is exit 69 from the interstate. :D

My husband and I have had that same conversation. :rolleyes:

Sometimes I look at him and say "we are such 3rd graders". It's a good thing we found each other. I'm sure many people would not appreciate our grade school humor.

• #2,048
chefjeanine said:
My husband and I have had that same conversation. :rolleyes:

Sometimes I look at him and say "we are such 3rd graders". It's a good thing we found each other. I'm sure many people would not appreciate our grade school humor.

From the many threads on here - it seems you've also found the right Direct Selling Company for you....because obviously we appreciate and enjoy grade school humor.:D :D :D

Again - I am so excited to meet so many of you in just 2 1/2 weeks!!!

• #2,049
BethCooks4U said:
Ok. That kind of energy is not allowed!:eek:

Actually I am going and going and going. My 13 year old granddaughter is visiting and we are doing something every minute. Today we painted pottery and scoured a local antique mall. Tomorrow we are visiting a Moravian Village and having dinner out. Maybe a doll museum too!

Sounds like fun.

For some unexplainable reason I found myself wide awake at 3:40 this morning. The good news? I had time to get my kitchen in order before I left for my day job. The bad news? I spent the entire afternoon yawning.

• #2,050
Mom is taking the kiddos to the Krohn Conservatory tomorrow for the annual butterfly show. My kids have gone multiple times... me on the otherhand, NADA!

<h2>1. What is the Thread Killers Club and how do I join?</h2><p>The Thread Killers Club is a group for people who have a tendency to "kill" online forum threads by being the last person to comment, resulting in no further discussion. To join, simply search for the Thread Killers Club forum and request to join.</p><h2>2. How do you know if you are a thread killer?</h2><p>If you consistently find yourself being the last person to comment on forum threads, or if you notice a lack of responses after you post, it's likely that you are a thread killer. Don't worry, it's a common phenomenon!</p><h2>3. Can being a thread killer be a good thing?</h2><p>Yes, being a thread killer can have its benefits. You may be the person who sparks a new topic or provides a conclusive answer to a question. Plus, being a thread killer can also be a source of humor and self-awareness.</p><h2>4. How can I break the cycle of being a thread killer?</h2><p>One way to break the cycle is to actively engage in discussions and ask open-ended questions to encourage others to participate. You can also try to be the first to comment on a new thread instead of waiting until the end.</p><h2>5. Are there any other thread killers in the Pampered Chef community?</h2><p>There may be other thread killers in the community, but don't let that discourage you! The Thread Killers Club is a fun and supportive space for all thread killers, so feel free to embrace your fate and join the club.</p>

1. What is the Thread Killers Club and how do I join?

The Thread Killers Club is a group for people who have a tendency to "kill" online forum threads by being the last person to comment, resulting in no further discussion. To join, simply search for the Thread Killers Club forum and request to join.

2. How do you know if you are a thread killer?

If you consistently find yourself being the last person to comment on forum threads, or if you notice a lack of responses after you post, it's likely that you are a thread killer. Don't worry, it's a common phenomenon!

3. Can being a thread killer be a good thing?

Yes, being a thread killer can have its benefits. You may be the person who sparks a new topic or provides a conclusive answer to a question. Plus, being a thread killer can also be a source of humor and self-awareness.

4. How can I break the cycle of being a thread killer?

One way to break the cycle is to actively engage in discussions and ask open-ended questions to encourage others to participate. You can also try to be the first to comment on a new thread instead of waiting until the end.

5. Are there any other thread killers in the Pampered Chef community?

There may be other thread killers in the community, but don't let that discourage you! The Thread Killers Club is a fun and supportive space for all thread killers, so feel free to embrace your fate and join the club.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ShellBeach
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
Replies
Views
Ashery
  • mrssyvo
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service