• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Join the Thread Killers Club and Embrace Your Fate!

In summary, the conversation discusses the thread killers and how they often act. One person talks about how they are a thread killer on another forum and another person talks about how they are a thread killer on a Mac forum. Finally, someone talks about being a thread killer again.
  • #1,951
oh, and sorry Katie - that was a looonnnnngggg time with no new posts, but you still couldn't kill this puppy

• #1,952
amy07 said:
here's the scoop from DH - and believe it or not it took alot to get the info from him!! Seems having to sign the consent forms with all the possible complications really scared him and he went into what I call the "male shut down mode". You know - where they can't talk about their feelings/emotions. I had to threaten bodily harm if he didn't start talking! So, aside from complications for the anesthesia, the biggest concern is infection deep inside his ear which could lead to hearing loss, as well as loss from any damage from the kernel being in his ear since it is pushed so far in there they cannot determine if damage has been done until after they remove it. And this totallly surprised me - normally it could take a week or more to have had this scheduled at the hospital? WHAT?!?! Again, I know that it is not life threatening, but still - a foreign object in your body is not a good thing!
Oh, and while DS & DH were at the dr's office yesterday - the other little boy that the on-call nurse was talking about came in (atleast I hope it was him, and not another very curious 4yo with an ear fetish). He had a pirates token stuck inside his ear!
Thanks for all your prayers - I know it seems so silly, especially after reading the other thread about Kristi's son, but of course like Rae said, when it's your little cub it makes all the difference in the world!

Sounds like something I would have to do with my DH... see it's that momma bear coming out! I know your DS is going to be fine and can you imagine what a great story this will be in years to come... Just imagine when one of your grandkids (told you "years to come") does something as equally dumb, you can say "Well, let me tell you about the time your dad put a popcorn kernel in his ear..." That's what great family memories are made of!:D

• #1,953
Yep. I'm sure he'll appreciate hearing that story over and over for the next 30 or 40 years.

• #1,954
You've got to keep the kernel and attach it to a scrapbook page!

• #1,955
Maybe place it inside a cute picture or line drawing of an ear.

• #1,956
Not to change the subject (but this thread is now famous for that) but I wanted to let you know I received the grade for my paper - I got a 40 out of 40....I pulled the A for the paper and an A for the class! WOO HOO

• #1,957
GREAT JOB,Jason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• #1,958
Congrats!!!

• #1,959
BethCooks4U said:
WHAT A WEEK! College orientation, anniversary, "reunion", High School Graduation and party, Father's Day...

You just reminded me of a summer we are going to be having in 2 years. We will have high school graduation and kindergarten orientation in the same summer. Then the following year we will have college (freshman) orientation, high school graduation and kindergarten graduation in the same summer. We will get our 2nd child out of high school and my third will be starting the first grade. Oh bother !! (as Tiggers says):)

• #1,960
chefann said:
Because there's a hole there and it must be filled....

Does this object fit in this hole? No? How about this one? :D

Let's see... I work in a preschool and we have had

1 jellybean up nose (mom used tweezers to get it out - her 4th boy:rolleyes: )
1 bead in ear (came out on own at doctors office)
1 rock up nose (came out after a few hours, just as Mom arrived to take him to doctor)
One cooked piece of corn up nose (sneezed it out while in Mom's arms getting ready to go to doctor)
Paper wad up nose - (sneezed this out after an hour or so)

Let me think some more.. I am sure I will remember more. Always a hole to fill, and something that they think will fit.....:D

• #1,961
Jason, we're so proud of you. Great job!Tina, you make me really appreciate my DS, who never got anything stuck in any orifice. I think I'll text message him and thank him for that.

• #1,962
genburk said:
You just reminded me of a summer we are going to be having in 2 years. We will have high school graduation and kindergarten orientation in the same summer. Then the following year we will have college (freshman) orientation, high school graduation and kindergarten graduation in the same summer. We will get our 2nd child out of high school and my third will be starting the first grade. Oh bother !! (as Tiggers says):)
I know that year ahead of you! I had a college freshman, high schooler, middleschooler, a kindergartener and one in preschool all at the same time too! What a zoo! Talk about taxi-mom!

• #1,963
BethCooks4U said:
I know that year ahead of you! I had a college freshman, high schooler, middleschooler, a kindergartener and one in preschool all at the same time too! What a zoo! Talk about taxi-mom!

OH MY GOODNESS !!. Now you are busy. We have no children in between (ages 17,16, and 3 ), so it is like starting over all over again.

Imagine the Christmas fun you will have when they all have their families !! Well, and I guess the bill (ouch!!). But the togetherness would be great.

• #1,964
jasonmva said:
Not to change the subject (but this thread is now famous for that) but I wanted to let you know I received the grade for my paper - I got a 40 out of 40....I pulled the A for the paper and an A for the class! WOO HOO
Great job, Jason!

• #1,965
genburk said:
OH MY GOODNESS !!. Now you are busy. We have no children in between (ages 17,16, and 3 ), so it is like starting over all over again.

Imagine the Christmas fun you will have when they all have their families !! Well, and I guess the bill (ouch!!). But the togetherness would be great.
Actually we are already there! The baby is now 18 and graduated HS yesterday. I have 5 1/2 grandchildren already. And YES!! it was much "cheaper" when they were babies! Start saving - you guys with little ones! We do our Christmas at Thanksgiving because we moved 1000 miles away from most of them 10 years ago (2 were in college and 1 was married so they didn't follow). Sadly, not everyone makes it here every year but happily we see everyone at least twice a year.

• #1,966
jasonmva said:
WOO HOO!! Great job Jason! I am so proud of you!!

• #1,967
Well, it looks like the posting traffic on this thread is slowing down a bit. I mean, almost 21 hours from the last post is a long time for this one. Maybe that means I'll have a chance to become the ultimate thread killer.

• #1,968
Your not the only early riser here !! I know it's not really that early anymore.

Although I have noticed at times, I have to search for the thread to make sure no one kills it.

Also, I have noticed that I have been the thread killer on the last few posts I made, so I am answering this one too.

You'll see that I am on a run of thread killing.:rolleyes:

• #1,969
Yeah, thanks Rae! Oh well it's a new day!

• #1,970
I took a break yesterday - wasn't online at all for the whole day. Actually, I never got out of my jammies, either.

• #1,971
Ooohhh, I love those days. Jammies are wonderfully comfy. I'm looking forward to a few of those when I end my current assignment. Of course, I'm ending it right before NC, so I'll have to wait a little while. That is, unless you don't mind me walking around at NC in my Post Slut t-shirt and star jammie bottoms.Wait. I just re-read the NC guidelines. I'm pretty sure jammies aren't considered business casual.

• #1,972
I think business casual is a subjective term!

• #1,973
Paige Dixon said:
I think that was the general consensus in the dress code thread.

• #1,974
So, are you saying you think Doris would approve of my Post Slut t-shirt and star jammie pants?

• #1,975
No. I think that one's still a little too casual.But you can wear them to the bar at the hotel. :)

• #1,976
Paige Dixon said:

Me, too. We promote our business as a work at home thing. MY dressy business outfits are one I wear to shows... my "business casual" is jammies (working right now in sweats and a big tshirt). VERY subjective!:D

• #1,977
Still not dead. I'm really going to miss this place while I'm at NC. I mean, I don't mind handling lots of luggage, but I draw the line at dragging my desktop PC along.

• #1,978
raebates said:
So, are you saying you think Doris would approve of my Post Slut t-shirt and star jammie pants?
How about some nice Victoria's Secret jammies?

• #1,979
Paige Dixon said:
How about some nice Victoria's Secret jammies?
That could give whole new meaning to "post slut."

• #1,980
Victoria's secret is evidently that she liked to dress kind of trashy. (Just kidding. :D I like some of their stuff, just not the things that are usually displayed in the window. :eek: )

The t-shirt and jammie pants idea came to me because I loved the "You call me Post Slut like it's a bad thing" t-shirt Ann created. While it's not necessarily something I'd feel comfortable wearing in public :rolleyes: , I thought it would make a cute jammie top. I'm making coordinating pants, so I'll look cute, even though only the women in my room will see them.

That is, of course, unless I wind up wandering the halls in my jammies because I'm sleepwalking (or looking for a vending machine).

• #1,981
raebates said:
Victoria's secret is evidently that she liked to dress kind of trashy. (Just kidding. :D I like some of their stuff, just not the things that are usually displayed in the window. :eek: )

The t-shirt and jammie pants idea came to me because I loved the "You call me Post Slut like it's a bad thing" t-shirt Ann created. While it's not necessarily something I'd feel comfortable wearing in public :rolleyes: , I thought it would make a cute jammie top. I'm making coordinating pants, so I'll look cute, even though only the women in my room will see them.

That is, of course, unless I wind up wandering the halls in my jammies because I'm sleepwalking (or looking for a vending machine).

At hotels, I always end up wandering the halls in my jammies, so I have to actually think about what I'm packing before I go... after all, just because it is the middle of the night doesn't mean I shouldn't look cute!

• #1,982
Does that include matching slippers?

• #1,983
It used to, but now with three kids I'm lucky if I can even find matching socks! I have one or two cute pair that I wear around the house that I'll probably end up bringing!

• #1,984
I need new slippers, anyway. I think I'll look for some that will coordinate well with my ensemble.

• #1,985
Ooh- you need fuzzy ones with stuffed stars on the top. :)

• #1,986
I can see a trip to the craft store and the use of a glue gun in my future.

• #1,987
Oooo, that sounds exciting! I'm going with you in spirit.

• #1,988
Rae- which hotel are you in again for Conference?

• #1,989
Craft stores are always an adventure. Can't say I'm particularly excited about the glue gun, but you never know.

• #1,990
I'll be at the Sheraton.

• #1,991
Darn. If you were going to be at the Hilton, I'd leave a package at the front desk for you. :)

• #1,992
You know, just the fact that you want to do that brings a smile to my face. What a sweetie you are.

• #1,993
don't say that too quickly. I didn't say what would be in the package.

• #1,994
That's a good point. I just read your little exchange with KG about road apples and road pizza.

• #1,995
chefann said:
don't say that too quickly. I didn't say what would be in the package.

I just changed my DD's diaper... no package for mommy!!! YEA!

• #1,996
raebates said:
Craft stores are always an adventure. Can't say I'm particularly excited about the glue gun, but you never know.

I love my glue gun. It actually has found a new home at work. For some reason the interior designers that did our color boards apparently can't use glue very well because all of our samples keep falling off. I was bringing the glue gun in almost every week to fix the boards, it is now living there. Mine is super fancy - multiple tips and even its own storage case... Work mates think I'm nuts.

• #1,997
Okay, I'm officially impressed.

• #1,998
I'm so happy! I made it past 700 posts and impressed Rae! YIPPEE!!!

• #1,999
I WAS :( planning on going to conference and I figured I could meet Rae in the hallways (find her roaming the halls with the post slut t-shirt and star jammie bottoms). I was going to stay at the Sheraton too, so I was really excited. But now my plans have changed. I guess I will have to plan on next year. Please, please keep us posted on all the things that happen. I know it will all be a secret till after wave 3. :cool: Shhhh... I won't tell.

• #2,000
I just realized that if I had waited one more post, I would have been post 2000 on this thread. Wouldn't that have been a great post to end this with?

<h2>1. What is the Thread Killers Club and how do I join?</h2><p>The Thread Killers Club is a group for people who have a tendency to "kill" online forum threads by being the last person to comment, resulting in no further discussion. To join, simply search for the Thread Killers Club forum and request to join.</p><h2>2. How do you know if you are a thread killer?</h2><p>If you consistently find yourself being the last person to comment on forum threads, or if you notice a lack of responses after you post, it's likely that you are a thread killer. Don't worry, it's a common phenomenon!</p><h2>3. Can being a thread killer be a good thing?</h2><p>Yes, being a thread killer can have its benefits. You may be the person who sparks a new topic or provides a conclusive answer to a question. Plus, being a thread killer can also be a source of humor and self-awareness.</p><h2>4. How can I break the cycle of being a thread killer?</h2><p>One way to break the cycle is to actively engage in discussions and ask open-ended questions to encourage others to participate. You can also try to be the first to comment on a new thread instead of waiting until the end.</p><h2>5. Are there any other thread killers in the Pampered Chef community?</h2><p>There may be other thread killers in the community, but don't let that discourage you! The Thread Killers Club is a fun and supportive space for all thread killers, so feel free to embrace your fate and join the club.</p>

Related to Join the Thread Killers Club and Embrace Your Fate!

1. What is the Thread Killers Club and how do I join?

The Thread Killers Club is a group for people who have a tendency to "kill" online forum threads by being the last person to comment, resulting in no further discussion. To join, simply search for the Thread Killers Club forum and request to join.

2. How do you know if you are a thread killer?

If you consistently find yourself being the last person to comment on forum threads, or if you notice a lack of responses after you post, it's likely that you are a thread killer. Don't worry, it's a common phenomenon!

3. Can being a thread killer be a good thing?

Yes, being a thread killer can have its benefits. You may be the person who sparks a new topic or provides a conclusive answer to a question. Plus, being a thread killer can also be a source of humor and self-awareness.

4. How can I break the cycle of being a thread killer?

One way to break the cycle is to actively engage in discussions and ask open-ended questions to encourage others to participate. You can also try to be the first to comment on a new thread instead of waiting until the end.

5. Are there any other thread killers in the Pampered Chef community?

There may be other thread killers in the community, but don't let that discourage you! The Thread Killers Club is a fun and supportive space for all thread killers, so feel free to embrace your fate and join the club.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ShellBeach
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
Replies
Views
Ashery
  • mrssyvo
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service