• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Wave 1 Meet 'N' Greet: CS-ers Unite at Irish Pub in Chicago Hilton on July 8!

In summary, a meet and greet has been planned for the CS-only Conference at an Irish Pub in the lobby of the Chicago Hilton on Sunday, July 8 at 10:00 p.m. The event will provide an opportunity for attendees to meet and chat with each other while enjoying food and drinks. It is conveniently located within walking distance or a short cab ride from nearby hotels. Those who are unable to attend on Sunday may have another chance to meet on Monday after the opening session. Some attendees may also be attending a training session on Tuesday.
I have tried (with instructions from many people on CS) to upload a picture - but for some reason just can't!
I will try to be there Monday Night! I can't imagine not meeting all of you! I am getting soooo excited for conference, I can hardly stand myself!

If you are staying at the Palmer or the Sheraton and joining us on Monday just take the shuttle back to the Hilton Chicago and then when you are ready to leave you all can share cabs or walk back together.

BethCooks4U said:
If you are staying at the Palmer or the Sheraton and joining us on Monday just take the shuttle back to the Hilton Chicago and then when you are ready to leave you all can share cabs or walk back together.
Well... except that the Monday session gets out around 6:00, and we're not planning to meet until 10:00 (so that people who have dinner plans with their clusters can still do that).

Ohhhhhhhhh! I guess I better look at the schedule a bit closer before opening my mouth! - or typing...

Sorry guys! Well come on over as soon as you finish your plans with your team! We'll be there!

I suppose we could have the Monday night "session" a little earlier, but it's just easier to say 10:00 both nights. Then nobody gets confused. (Especially me!)

I just had an idea! That's a rare occurrence....

I'm going to bring my fruit hat and digital camera to the bar, so anyone who wants to can have their picture taken wearing it. And we can all have matching avatars. ;)

Hey Ann, if we did that then you could give me an Avatar?

Yep.

stupid minimum

Pampered Laura said:
Im staying at the Hilton, and at leadership, we were in Gators every night :D Will you recognize me from my picture?? Or should I wear a fruit hat on my head? *snort*

Don't we just look for the little pixie? :D

chefann said:
I just had an idea! That's a rare occurrence....

I'm going to bring my fruit hat and digital camera to the bar, so anyone who wants to can have their picture taken wearing it. And we can all have matching avatars. ;)

Oh, I love that idea! And will you shrink those pics down so they will fit as avatars? That has always been my problem - that's why I haven't posted my pic. Well, that, and the fact that the only pic I have that I really WANT to post is from my wedding 13 years and 70 pounds ago ....:rolleyes:

Sure, I can help with photo shrinking. The problem is remembering who is who (I'm awful with names) so that I get the pics to the right people.

And we all should just have our eyes showing like your is now - fun!

Oh, and, I guess it's about time I got my CS button Ann.:p

Yeaahh.... 'bout time!

chefann said:
Sure, I can help with photo shrinking. The problem is remembering who is who (I'm awful with names) so that I get the pics to the right people.

If you are going to make me be someone else, remember to make it someone young, cute and petite ;)

Remember - Sandy - young - cute - petite -

MomToEli said:
If you are going to make me be someone else, remember to make it someone young, cute and petite ;)

Remember - Beth - young - cute - petite -
Yeah! Get that right.:p :p

chefann said:
Yeaahh.... 'bout time!
Okay. Tell me again what to do. I'll take one that you have in stock so you get the money you invested back. Or would it be easier for you to just bring me one at conference?

Buttons. Buttons, Buttons...ANN, is there a way to get one from you that does not involve Pay Pal and a credit card? I could send a money order maybe?
I am so bad with CCs that I just can't aford to have one around me. I don't even have a debit card for my bank! Scary ain't it considering how much money I deal with every month! If it's not mine, I'm fine. If it is well, POOF!

P.S. Deb got back just in time to do her annual Rummage sale over the Memorial Day weekend and get that all set up. Next week she should be able to let me and "us" here know what she is doing.

Last edited:
OK- here's how to get a button from me.

You can PayPal me $2 (or $3 for 2 buttons) to [email protected]. Or you can mail me a check/money order. PM or email me for my address.

I do appreciate you looking out for what I already have invested. Hopefully, all the buttons I have at home will be sold before Conference.

I'm not taking names and holding buttons because I'm afraid that I would a) lose the list; b) not actually meet the people for whom I'm holding the buttons; or c) both of those things. :)

Ann,

I just ordered my and Kris' (LegacyPC's) buttons. Please be sure to read my message in the PayPal transaction.

Hey, Debi. I put your buttons in the mail this morning - I did see the note. (You can change the name on your PayPal account, you know.)

Ann, I sent my paypal payment yesterday. Did you get it?

chefann said:
Hey, Debi. I put your buttons in the mail this morning - I did see the note. (You can change the name on your PayPal account, you know.)

I know. It's just a pain in the butt to make copies and then go find a fax machine that I can fax internationally. They have NO contact e-mail I could find to scan and e-mail it to. Just a pain....

But thanks!!!

Thanks for ordering us the buttons Debi!

(Actually, I was sitting across from her at step up to director training when she ordered....but I feel compelled to thank her publicly!)

kris

BethCooks4U said:
Ann, I sent my paypal payment yesterday. Did you get it?
Yep- got it! Yours went out in the mail this morning, too. You should have it this weekend, probably.

ooh I will have to see when I book my flight and all that when I will be getting there...still need to coordinate with my director on our flight stuff

My own Post Slut shirt arrived yesterday - SOOOOO funny! I love when things come out better than what you picture in your head. I'll be wearing it for both nights of Meet 'n' Greet - just look for it!

I'll be there. Probably drag my director along to. I'll turn her into a Chef Success junky!

I think we are staying in that hotel so it will be easy to get to.

Never been to Chicago or conference. Can't wait!!

You'll love it. Conference is such a blast - and a great boost for your business.

Awesome. That is exactly what I need. Look forward to meeting you guys. Your guys have such awesome ideas.

I can't believe I just said awesome twice. What a goof!

ChefJeniLobdell said:
I can't believe I just said awesome twice. What a goof!

You're not a goof - you're AWESOME!;)

I feel the love from Michigan. I grew up in Clinton Township (Mt. Clemens).

I know where that is!

I've been down here in Florida since 1988. But, I still consider Michigan my home. Normally come up once a year to see family.

Send me a note next time you're coming out. Clinton Twp's about 45min - 1 hour from me (depending on the nasty Detroit traffic).

Sounds great. I won't be coming up until November. We are throwing my little sister a surpise 30th bday party. I look forward to meeting you in July!

There will be alot of "Michigander" Cs'ers at Wave 1 - this should be fun! Jeni, are you staying at the Hilton also?

Oh - and I've lived in other states, but always considered Michigan home.....I am a true Michigander thru and thru!

Yes, I believe we are. I made the plane reservations and my director made the hotel reservations.

We finally decided on 10p both nights, right, but where? I'm being lazy and figured it was easier to ask then to ready 5 pages! Too tired for that! <<YAWN>>

Ann - Just paypal'd you $$ for buttons...

katie0128 said:
We finally decided on 10p both nights, right, but where? I'm being lazy and figured it was easier to ask then to ready 5 pages! Too tired for that! <<YAWN>>

We are meeting Sunday and Monday nights, July 8 & 9, 10:00 p.m.
Irish Pub (theme of the bar not its name) in the lobby of the Chicago Hilton (not the Palmer House)

That's too funny Ann! Can't wait to meet you all in about a month!

Any one up for a "white elephant/steal the gift" gift exchange thing? We could limit it to $10 gag gifts?

All my roomies at the Hilton are unable to attend conference this year (sudden life tragedies & job changes:( ) so I'm now bunking in with my Exec Dir at the Sheraton:D . Anyone staying at the Sheraton who wants to share a cab ride to the Hilton for the CS meet & greet? If so, drop me an email at [email protected] or PM me so we can exchange contact info.

Last edited:
katie0128 said:
Any one up for a "white elephant/steal the gift" gift exchange thing? We could limit it to $10 gag gifts?
That could be kinda fun. For Sunday or Monday? I'm cheap and don't want to bring 2 gifts. :)
And it would be totally voluntary. Anyone who doesn't want to participate doesn't have to.

Well if we did it both nights we could just bring the thing from Sunday to Monday.

I don't know that it would work though since most of us are traveling by plane or bus and have limited space to pack such things.

How about everyone getting a funny card and then we all sign them and then randomly everyone gets one?

Last edited:
The cards are a good idea. Or something flat like a cute picture frame. Then we can get a group pic and everyone can have a copy printed to fit their frame.

<H2>1. What is the date and time of the Wave 1 Meet 'N' Greet event?</H2><p>The event will take place on Sunday, July 8 at 10:00 p.m.</p><H2>2. Where will the event be held?</H2><p>The event will be held at the Irish Pub in the lobby of the Chicago Hilton.</p><H2>3. Can anyone attend the event?</H2><p>Yes, anyone is welcome to attend the event, regardless of whether or not they are staying at the Hilton.</p><H2>4. Is there a cost to attend the event?</H2><p>There is no cost to attend the event, but attendees will need to pay for their own food and drinks.</p><H2>5. Will there be CS buttons available at the event?</H2><p>Yes, there will be CS buttons available at the event for those who have not received them yet.</p>

1. What is the date and time of the Wave 1 Meet 'N' Greet event?

The event will take place on Sunday, July 8 at 10:00 p.m.

2. Where will the event be held?

The event will be held at the Irish Pub in the lobby of the Chicago Hilton.

3. Can anyone attend the event?

Yes, anyone is welcome to attend the event, regardless of whether or not they are staying at the Hilton.

4. Is there a cost to attend the event?

There is no cost to attend the event, but attendees will need to pay for their own food and drinks.

5. Will there be CS buttons available at the event?

Yes, there will be CS buttons available at the event for those who have not received them yet.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
merego
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef
Back