• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Wave 3 Updates and Meet and Greet Info for 2019 Chicago Cheffer Conference

In summary, the weather in Chicago is expected to be extremely hot on Sunday and for the rest of the week. The official Meet and Greet will be on Monday night at the Java Lounge in the Sheraton, which is actually a bar/lounge and not a coffee place. Transportation from the Hilton to the Sheraton is easy by taking the #6 Jackson Park Express bus or by taking a cab. There is also an unofficial lunch Meet and Greet at the food court in McCormick South on Monday at 11:00 a.m. The conversation also includes discussions about the smoking ban in other states, the hot weather in Chicago and the speaker's experience with hot weather in her own state, as well as her plans to attend the
DebbieJ
The weather is going to turn beastly hot on Sunday and stay that way for the duration of our wave, so pack accordingly.

Our official Meet and Greet is Monday night 8-10 p.m. at the Java Lounge located at the Sheraton. It is really a bar/lounge at the far end of the lobby along the river, not really a coffee place. Just wear your button and we'll pull some chairs together.

Getting from the Hilton to the Sheraton is SUPER easy. Walk out the front door of the Hilton and go across the street (so you're on the east side of Michigan Ave). Walk north until you find a CTA sign that says #6 Jackson Park Express. Get on this bus and put $1.75 exact change in the machine. Get off at Wacker and Columbus, go down the steps and walk one block north to the Sheraton. You can take the trip in reverse to get back. Or, if there are 2-3 of you together, taking a cab will be just as economical. The Palmer House is much closer. You can walk two blocks east to Michigan Ave, catch any bus going north, and then get off at Wacker or Hubbard and walk two blocks east to Columbus and the Sheraton is there!

There is an unoffical Meet and Greet for Monday lunch in the food court in McCormick South at 11:00 a.m. or so.

I look forward to meeting more Cheffers! It was so fun to catch up with Kristi and to meet Rae, Kristin, Janelle, and others at the first Wave 2 meet up tonight!

Oh, Deb, BEASTLY hot?? Bummer!:( Thanks for letting us know though!
Kinda bummed the Java place is actually a bar, but I'll deal. I just hope it's not real smoky, cause that gives me the worst sinus headache. I'll bring my sudafed just in case, lol!

lacychef said:
Kinda bummed the Java place is actually a bar, but I'll deal. I just hope it's not real smoky

I forget that there aren't the same smoking bans in other states as NY... I take it for granted, and thank god for it! It is so nice to go out to a restaurant or bar and come home not smelling like smoke!!

That would be nice Jennifer! Are you gonna make it to our meeting?

I hope so! I am staying right in the Sheraton, so it is very convenient... as long as my director isn't planning something else for the entire night I will!

Lacy - The Java Lounge, is really open - and not like a bar at all (unless you are standing right at the bar) It's actually like being in the Lobby of the Hotel. I don't think you will have any problem at all. And it is Coffee and ****tails, so there are alot of beverage choices!:D

lacychef said:
Oh, Deb, BEASTLY hot?? Bummer!:( Thanks for letting us know though!
Kinda bummed the Java place is actually a bar, but I'll deal. I just hope it's not real smoky, cause that gives me the worst sinus headache. I'll bring my sudafed just in case, lol!
As I remember it's not a setting like a "bar"! Now-a-days there's not much smoking anywhere so we're pretty safe, I think!

And Beastly hot!!!! That's what sucks! Because I'm over here on the west coast with this darn heat wave! It has barely cooled off and my house is hard to keep cool! My kids are sleeping in underware all the time! My daughter's room was so warm the other night that she was feeling sick, (she opened her window that day without my knowledge thinking she'd cool it down, well, nope the air was an oven outside so she just brough it in!) so I managed to get her cooled down! I wet her hair down, gave her a cold wash cloth and got a fan by her door, pulling the cool air in from the Living room! Last night was rough too but a little better! So what's in Chicago in a couple days is what we are having now! :( :mad: :rolleyes: oh joy! And when I leave and am there, it cools off here! go figure! It is only suppossed to get to 81 on Tuesday, while we are sweating buckets in Chicago! I wish it was now cause right now we are seeing almost 110 degrees here! I just keep thinking about the winters here and how extremely cold it can get, I know not as bad as other places but we've seen it to 30 below 0 and I can't help but think, dang!!!!:eek:
oh well, dress cool I guess!

Last edited:
DebbieJ said:
The weather is going to turn beastly hot on Sunday and stay that way for the duration of our wave, so pack accordingly.

Our official Meet and Greet is Monday night 8-10 p.m. at the Java Lounge located at the Sheraton. It is really a bar/lounge at the far end of the lobby along the river, not really a coffee place. Just wear your button and we'll pull some chairs together.

Getting from the Hilton to the Sheraton is SUPER easy. Walk out the front door of the Hilton and go across the street (so you're on the east side of Michigan Ave). Walk north until you find a CTA sign that says #6 Jackson Park Express. Get on this bus and put $1.75 exact change in the machine. Get off at Wacker and Columbus, go down the steps and walk one block north to the Sheraton. You can take the trip in reverse to get back. Or, if there are 2-3 of you together, taking a cab will be just as economical. The Palmer House is much closer. You can walk two blocks east to Michigan Ave, catch any bus going north, and then get off at Wacker or Hubbard and walk two blocks east to Columbus and the Sheraton is there!

There is an unoffical Meet and Greet for Monday lunch in the food court in McCormick South at 11:00 a.m. or so.

I look forward to meeting more Cheffers! It was so fun to catch up with Kristi and to meet Rae, Kristin, Janelle, and others at the first Wave 2 meet up tonight!
Oh!!! And Debbie, thanks for doing this! Your rock!:D ;)

If it happens to be smoky at the Java Bar, I was just looking at the Hilton website and there is a Lakeside Green Lounge that is open til late and is 100% smoke free.I guess it is a little late to throw that out - but if we get smoked out at the Sheraton we can always go back to the Hilton!The tricky part with hot weather is that we'll be sticky outside, but probably freezing inside because they'll be cranking up the AC.You can't win!I'll just be glad to be there...

Debbie. thank you so much for compiling all this into one easy to print out post! Will be less papers to keep track of!
:)

I don't know if the Java Lounge is smoke free or not, but no one was smoking there last night. As someone else pointed out, it's more like an extension of the lobby and not a closed in bar, so I don't think the smoke will be a problem.

Bumping this...

According to weather.com.... Monday High 90*, Tuesday High 93*, Wednesday High 91*

It's going to be warm ladies ;)

Normally that would sound like nothing - Usually we have had tons of 95+ days with a few 100's mixed in but it's been unseasonable cool and rainy in Texas

Now I have heard that the humidity is HORRIBLE in Chicago.
I live in the desert & 90* isn't all that bad, but if there is humidity in the air it makes it 50% worse.
Anyone know?
Also, will try to make the meet up, but honestly won't go alone. There is another girl in my hospitality cluster that will go w/ me, but we'll see.
CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Yes, it's more humid than where you live.

Today it's gorgeous--sunny, low humidity, breezy. But by Sunday it's going to be 90 degrees and more humid. Chance of showers on Weds. You can check at www.weather.com.

Last edited:
Thanks Debbie!
Humidity is a b!tch! I love it where I live, Hot & Dry :D

Figures that the weather will be brutal! And I am packing pants to wear! Black ones!! I now live in Upstate NY in the Adirondack Mtns and the humidity can get bad. Yesterday was 97 and I couldnt walk through the house w/out sweating but today is 87 and virtually no humidity.:] I used to live in So. Calif where there was no humidity and I miss that! When I first moved here I felt like I was breathing through wet cotton. At least I have grown usted to it. lol

We have awful humidity near the shore. It was awful in Chi last year. Thanks for the update, Deb and for checking out the "lounge". I guess its good if anyone wants a "drink" drink.

I am emailing out the list tomorrow afternoon and I will also try to PM it.

And, with THAT heat, I am wearing something COMFORTABLE... I don't care about the dress code.

I"m going to try to make it Monday! I would love to meet all of you!

Tara

shano said:
Figures that the weather will be brutal! And I am packing pants to wear! Black ones!! I now live in Upstate NY in the Adirondack Mtns and the humidity can get bad. Yesterday was 97 and I couldnt walk through the house w/out sweating but today is 87 and virtually no humidity.:] I used to live in So. Calif where there was no humidity and I miss that! When I first moved here I felt like I was breathing through wet cotton. At least I have grown usted to it. lol

Wow, a familiar town!! I grew up in Caroga Lake! I now live/work in Oneonta...

I think I'll be sending out the list shortly. Things are getting crazy at work. I will PM everyone, and if you gave me your email (and I remembered to save it), you will also get an email copy. The format is: ScreenName, Real Name, Phone Number, Hotel (if provided and I remembered it).

I'm so looking forward to meeting you guys. I haven't posted much - but believe me - I'm on here daily learning from you!

Tracie Dickerson
Canton, Mississippi

AJPratt said:
And, with THAT heat, I am wearing something COMFORTABLE... I don't care about the dress code.

I have updated my conference wardrobe to skirts and short sleeve blouses, hopefully there will be a little wind to keep us cool ;)

What is the likelihood that I will be wearing more than one pair of clothes a day? I mean will I really have time or desire to change clothes after meetings, sessions, etc?

Cassie1037 said:
I have updated my conference wardrobe to skirts and short sleeve blouses, hopefully there will be a little wind to keep us cool ;)

What is the likelihood that I will be wearing more than one pair of clothes a day? I mean will I really have time or desire to change clothes after meetings, sessions, etc?

You might have the desire...but you won't have the time!:D

Actually, day 1 doesn't start until after lunch - so you could change before sessions........and day 2 you have some time to change before the Executive Banquet. the only time I changed was for the Banquet - I wanted to change after Conference on the 3rd day, but we were so rushed trying to find something to eat, and then making it to our train on time that I never had a chance.

ChefBeckyD said:
You might have the desire...but you won't have the time!:D

QUOTE]

OOH, thanks for the info, it's very valuable at this point. :D

Thanks Anne for the list, got the suitcase out and away I go. Tomorrow Six Flaggs Discovery Kingdom w/ the family, then off to the airport and Sunday crack of dawn on a plane. I will see you all Monday, hopefully I won't forget much this year. I could always go shopping on Sunday when I get there.

jenniferknapp said:
Wow, a familiar town!! I grew up in Caroga Lake! I now live/work in Oneonta...

WOW! Caroga Lake isnt far from me at all. I live in Northville and lived in Gloversville for 10 years. Really is a small world.:D

I remember reading so much about wardrobe for conference. Don't worry about it. Wear decent clothing. It can't be as bad as some of the things we saw people wearing. Wear something you look respectible in. I brought way too many clothes and shoes. Even banquet was not dressy as a whole. Be more concerned about comfortable shoes. If you have comfy shoes that aren't tennies then you'll be fine. Many people did wear tennis shoes, though. Not a choice I would recommend, but if you have to, you have to. By the third day it's very practical.

I hope to be able to meet you all as well> I will be staying at the Sheraton, but as of right now, my director is having a pizza party that night, so i will try to get away for a little bit. Its also at the Sheraton, so I hope to make it!

I think our meet n greet will be more fun than a pizza party....ditch it and come with us!! LOL!!

VanessaHey Vanessa
Our pizza party is at 7pm and the meet & greet isn't until later. We should be fine.
Drag me over there with you. Since we are roommates. :p

Hey Karynne! I didnt know you were on here too!!

Yes, that will be fun!! I can't wait. We can meet our fellow cheffers at the Meet and Greet.

What are the 5 most frequently asked questions about "Wave 3 Updates and Meet and Greet Info for 2019 Chicago Cheffer Conference?

1. What is the weather going to be like during our wave at the conference?

2. When and where is the official Meet and Greet for the conference?

3. How do I get from the Hilton to the Sheraton?

4. Is there an unofficial Meet and Greet for lunch on Monday?

5. Who is attending the conference and who have people met so far?

What is the weather going to be like during our wave at the conference?

The weather is expected to be very hot and humid on Sunday and remain that way for the duration of our wave. It is recommended to pack accordingly and stay hydrated.

When and where is the official Meet and Greet for the conference?

The official Meet and Greet will take place on Monday night from 8-10 p.m. at the Java Lounge located at the Sheraton. It is a bar/lounge at the far end of the lobby along the river. Attendees are encouraged to wear their conference buttons and chairs will be pulled together for mingling.

How do I get from the Hilton to the Sheraton?

The Hilton and Sheraton are easily accessible from each other. To get to the Sheraton, simply walk out the front door of the Hilton and cross the street to the east side of Michigan Ave. From there, walk north until you find a CTA sign for the #6 Jackson Park Express. Take the bus and pay $1.75 exact change. Get off at Wacker and Columbus, go down the steps, and walk one block north to the Sheraton. The trip can also be taken in reverse. Alternatively, if traveling with 2-3 people, taking a cab will be just as economical. The Palmer House is also within walking distance.

Is there an unofficial Meet and Greet for lunch on Monday?

Yes, there is an unofficial Meet and Greet for lunch on Monday at 11:00 a.m. in the food court of McCormick South. Attendees are welcome to gather and grab food together.

Who is attending the conference and who have people met so far?

There is a diverse group of attendees at the conference, including Pampered Chef employees and consultants. People have already met and connected with fellow Cheffers such as Kristi, Rae, Kristin, Janelle, and others at the first Wave 2 meet up.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • ChefLisa
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Replies
Views
merego