• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Public Transportation Directions From Airports to Hotels

In summary, the conversation discusses transportation options from O'Hare and Midway airports to the Hilton and Sheraton hotels in Chicago. It is recommended to use the trip planner on the www.transitchicago.com website to familiarize oneself with the routes. There is also mention of the Sheraton offering their own transportation for $14.00 each way, although some participants are unsure if this is a new service. The conversation also includes tips for carrying luggage and mentions that the hotels are too far for them to offer free shuttle service.
DebbieJ
Can we make this a sticky, Greg?

I used the trip planner at www.transitchicago.com and this is what I have. I will double check these and make additional suggestions later, but I wanted to get some info up here for everyone.

FROM O'HARE: Take the Blue Line Train (follow signs in the airport for the CTA Blue Line train to the city)
--to the Hilton: Get off the train at the Washington/Dearborn stop. Catch the #14 Bus Southbound, get off at Balbo and Michigan. You are at the hotel. Cost is $2.25
--to the Sheraton: Get off at the Grand Ave stop. Catch the #65 bus Eastbound, get off at Illinois and Columbus. Cost is $2.25

FROM MIDWAY: Take the Orange Line Train (follow signs in the airport for the CTA Orange Line train to the city)
--to the Hilton: Get off the train at the State & Van Buren stop. Walk to the hotel. Cost $2.00.
--to the Sheraton: Get off at the State and Van Buren stop. Catch the #29 bus Northbound. Get off at Illinois and Columbus. Cost is $2.25.

I recommend taking at look at the maps and trip planner at www.transitchicago.com to familiarize yourself with your options. The buses and trains are generally clean and safe, but street smarts help. :)

Just ask if you have more questions and like I said, I'll try to update with more specifics when I get a chance to look closer at the routes and figure out if the train is above or below ground at your stop. :)

You're so good to us Deb!! I love it!!:D I'll need this as time gets closer!:D

Thanks Deb, I got lost when I tried to do it.

Make sure your suitcase isn't too heavy to haul up the stairs when you get off the train! The workers there aren't alot of help.

Deb,
The Orange Line (from Midway) is above ground.
The Blue Line (from O'Hare) is below ground.

Thanks Deb!! Bumping up for others!!!:D

We just found out that the Sheraton has their own transportation. It is $14.00 each way.

Is that new for the Sheraton this year? I've stayed there the past 2 years and don't rembember that.

Do you know if we have to make reservations or any info on how to take it?

Thanks!

chefkristin said:
We just found out that the Sheraton has their own transportation. It is $14.00 each way.
Per person, I guess?

patkatmom said:
Is that new for the Sheraton this year? I've stayed there the past 2 years and don't rembember that.

Do you know if we have to make reservations or any info on how to take it?

Thanks!
Usually the hotels offer free shuttle service, so much for that.

AJPratt said:
Usually the hotels offer free shuttle service, so much for that.

The hotels here are too far. They would go broke offering a free shuttle.

Thanks for the information!!!

chefkristin said:
Where'd you find this?
We did take the trail last year & I thought it was fun!
Thanks for posting Deb...I think I missed it before!

1. What is the most common mode of transportation from the airport to a hotel?

The most common mode of transportation from the airport to a hotel is by taxi or rideshare services such as Uber or Lyft. These options offer door-to-door service and are readily available at most airports.

2. Are there any public transportation options from the airport to hotels?

Yes, many airports have public transportation options such as buses, subways, or trains that can take you to your hotel. These options are often more cost-effective but may require some walking or transfers.

3. How do I find the public transportation schedule from the airport to my hotel?

You can usually find the public transportation schedule on the airport's website or by asking a customer service representative at the airport. You can also use online resources such as Google Maps or transit apps to plan your route.

4. Is it necessary to purchase a ticket in advance for public transportation from the airport to hotels?

It depends on the public transportation system. Some systems allow you to purchase tickets in advance online or at the airport, while others require you to purchase tickets onboard. It is best to research the specific system beforehand to ensure you have the necessary ticket or fare.

5. Are there any shuttles available from the airport to hotels?

Some airports offer free shuttles to nearby hotels. These shuttles typically run on a schedule and may require reservations. You can check the airport's website or ask a customer service representative for more information. Additionally, some hotels also offer their own shuttle service to and from the airport.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebbieJ
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Shawnna
Replies
Views
mspibb
  • Pampered Laura
  • General Chat
Replies