• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Public Trans From Airport to Hilton

In summary, the conversation discusses transportation options from the airports to the Hilton Chicago hotel. The suggested public transportation routes include taking the blue or orange line trains to specific stops and then walking a short distance to the hotel. However, some individuals prefer taking a shuttle or taxi directly from the airport to the hotel. The cost and convenience of each option is also mentioned, as well as the possibility of meeting other consultants during the journey. It is recommended to check the airport and hotel websites for shuttle services and discounts.
DebbieJ
Found this on Hilton's Site:

Directions to our Hotel

When taking public transportation to the Hilton Chicago from O'Hare International Airport: Take CTA BLUE LINE TRAIN (TO 54TH/CERMAK)
to JACKSON/DEARBORN. Take CTA BUS # 7 HARRISON EASTBOUND to CONGRESS PLAZA & MICHIGAN. Walk 0.1 mile S to 720 S MICHIGAN AVE.

When taking public transportation from Midway Airport to the Hilton Chicago Take CTA ORANGE LINE TRAIN (ORANGE LINE - CLOCKWISE)

to STATE/VAN BUREN CTA (BRN/ORNG/PRPL). Take CTA BUS # 62 ARCHER SOUTHBOUND from VAN BUREN & STATE. Arrive: BALBO & STATE. Walk 0.2 mile E to 720 S MICHIGAN AVE.

are these trains catchable from the airports?

DebbieJ said:
Found this on Hilton's Site:

Directions to our Hotel

When taking public transportation to the Hilton Chicago from O'Hare International Airport: Take CTA BLUE LINE TRAIN (TO 54TH/CERMAK)
to JACKSON/DEARBORN. Take CTA BUS # 7 HARRISON EASTBOUND to CONGRESS PLAZA & MICHIGAN. Walk 0.1 mile S to 720 S MICHIGAN AVE.

When taking public transportation from Midway Airport to the Hilton Chicago Take CTA ORANGE LINE TRAIN (ORANGE LINE - CLOCKWISE)

to STATE/VAN BUREN CTA (BRN/ORNG/PRPL). Take CTA BUS # 62 ARCHER SOUTHBOUND from VAN BUREN & STATE. Arrive: BALBO & STATE. Walk 0.2 mile E to 720 S MICHIGAN AVE.

;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

duh- thanks Deb!

No problem. Just follow the signs in the airport and they will take you there.

We took a "limo" really just a van round trip from the airport to the hotel and back for about $15 last year. Sounds way easier that trains and then switching to buses. You can fit up to 8 in the van and I'm sure there will be other consultants at the airport at the same time as you. We left from Baltimore/Washington Airport last year and there were about 45 of us on that flight. I made somwe great friends while waiting at the airport for our delayed flight. We had fun....

Flamingo said:
We took a "limo" really just a van round trip from the airport to the hotel and back for about $15 last year. Sounds way easier that trains and then switching to buses. You can fit up to 8 in the van and I'm sure there will be other consultants at the airport at the same time as you. We left from Baltimore/Washington Airport last year and there were about 45 of us on that flight. I made somwe great friends while waiting at the airport for our delayed flight. We had fun....
hmm, that does sound alot easier, a strait shot there, but I will be coming a little late on monday (coming in at 12ish I think) so I doubt there will be huge groups coming in at the same time as me!:confused:

I would check it out when you get in anyway. You never know who was on the flight with you... Have a bag that says Pampered Chef or a shirt. You will spot others or they will spot you...

>When taking public transportation to the Hilton Chicago from O'Hare International Airport: Take CTA BLUE LINE TRAIN (TO 54TH/CERMAK)
to JACKSON/DEARBORN. Take CTA BUS # 7 HARRISON EASTBOUND to CONGRESS PLAZA & MICHIGAN. Walk 0.1 mile S to 720 S MICHIGAN AVE.<

I take the blue line from O'hare and get off at Jackson/Dearborn like this suggests, but hten I catch a cab to the hotel rather than taking the bus.

Just my $.02,
Penny

We always take the shuttle from OHare to the conference hotels.

Shawnna said:
We always take the shuttle from OHare to the conference hotels.
is it epensive to ride these and it's a strait shot there?

Chicago is a major city and there are dozens of downtown hotels.

There are PLENTY of shuttles, people! Plenty of transportation options! I would suggest you go to the website for the airport and check which shuttle services go to and from each one to your hotel. Most shuttles service multiple hotels, so there may very well be multiple stops. Also, check online for coupons and other discounts.

Good suggestion. I haven't been in 2 years, but it seems like it was $15 for round trip...not positive on that. The shuttles stop at more than one hotel, but the ride is usually enjoyable. Some hotels offer shuttle service to the airport for free, but conference hotels usually do not.

And, it seems like we did have coupons last time for a discount on the shuttle.

1. How do I get from the airport to the Hilton using public transportation?

To get from the airport to the Hilton using public transportation, you can take the airport shuttle, a bus, or a train. The airport shuttle is the most convenient option and typically runs every 15-20 minutes. You can also check with the airport's website for specific bus or train routes that will take you to the Hilton.

2. How much does public transportation from the airport to the Hilton cost?

The cost of public transportation from the airport to the Hilton will vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose and the distance between the airport and the hotel. Typically, the airport shuttle will cost around $10-20, while taking a bus or train may be cheaper but may also require multiple transfers.

3. How long does it take to get from the airport to the Hilton using public transportation?

The travel time from the airport to the Hilton using public transportation will also depend on the mode of transportation and the distance. Generally, taking the airport shuttle will be the fastest option, with a travel time of 10-15 minutes. Taking a bus or train may take longer, depending on the route and any transfers required.

4. Where can I find the public transportation pickup location at the airport?

The public transportation pickup location at the airport will vary depending on the mode of transportation. The airport shuttle pickup location is usually located outside of the arrivals terminal, while the bus or train pickup location may be at a designated station or stop within the airport. You can check with the airport's website or ask a staff member for specific pickup locations.

5. Is public transportation from the airport to the Hilton accessible for individuals with disabilities?

Many public transportation options from the airport to the Hilton are accessible for individuals with disabilities. The airport shuttle typically has wheelchair ramps and designated seating areas, and buses and trains may also have accommodations for individuals with disabilities. You can contact the transportation company or check their website for more information on accessibility options.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lacychef
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies