• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Wave 1 Meet 'N' Greet: CS-ers Unite at Irish Pub in Chicago Hilton on July 8!

In summary, a meet and greet has been planned for the CS-only Conference at an Irish Pub in the lobby of the Chicago Hilton on Sunday, July 8 at 10:00 p.m. The event will provide an opportunity for attendees to meet and chat with each other while enjoying food and drinks. It is conveniently located within walking distance or a short cab ride from nearby hotels. Those who are unable to attend on Sunday may have another chance to meet on Monday after the opening session. Some attendees may also be attending a training session on Tuesday.
But if we have a group pic, they we can't all be wearing your hat!

DH is looking over my shoulder and just told me I said "they" and not "then"... oh well, friends shouldn't let friends type tried... or tired... or something...

Wave 1 meet & greetI just joined the group and I'm enjoying the group. I'm staying at the Hilton and I will do my best to be there on the 8th. --Penny

Sounds Like Fun...
katie0128 said:
Any one up for a "white elephant/steal the gift" gift exchange thing? We could limit it to $10 gag gifts?

COUNT ME IN :)

I know where that is 2....
ChefJeniLobdell said:
I feel the love from Michigan. I grew up in Clinton Township (Mt. Clemens).

Before relocating to S. TX (grew up in OH by Cedar Point) I worked in Toledo and traveled to MI often :)

Liz

I don't remember which thread we were talking about the cake but I tried the s'mores brownie and I will not be making that. It tasted great but was too hard to cut and was just plain messy! I don't want to deal with that on my way to Nat. Conf. (I arrive in WI on Friday LATE, have a show on Saturday and leave Sunday morning - and need to visit LOTS of family in that time too so I am looking for quick and easy.) Don't get me wrong! I do want to do this. My director promised us a chocolate party at conference and now she's not going so I will need my chocolate fix! - well besides my traditional chocolate martini.

Need another suggestion! I have thought that I could do a skillet cake or a frosted brownie... but I am open to your preferences.

Beth, I can make a pan of brownies and bring them in plastic in my suitcase. We're traveling Sunday, so if I make them Saturday morning (I actually have a show booked on Sat. 7/7!), they'll still be fresh.

Are we still doing a gift/frame exchange?

chefann said:
Beth, I can make a pan of brownies and bring them in plastic in my suitcase. We're traveling Sunday, so if I make them Saturday morning (I actually have a show booked on Sat. 7/7!), they'll still be fresh.

Are we still doing a gift/frame exchange?
I am totally fine with bringing the brownies or cake - I want to do it (I really was not protesting doing it)! It is not a problem. I am driving so it will be much easier for me than those of you who are flying!! :p

I just don't want a recipe that will give me a headache (sorry Rae but it did - even though it tasted as promised!).

Good question about the exchange! A decision must be made soon!! I would think the frame idea is better than "gift". Easy to pack, appropriate.

I'm coming by bus, and throwing a container of brownies in my bag isn't a big deal. But since you offered first, I'll let you do it. :)

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_17907,00.html?rsrc=search the Good Eats brownie recipe....

Frame exchange sounds good... we are talking about a picture frame, correct? And is this a nice frame or a "while elephant" frame?

I was planning to get something cute. Not super fancy, but something fun for probably a 4x6 pic. (And not really expensive, either.) Then if we take a group shot, we've got something to put it in.
I think I'll start a new thread with the frame idea so people see it.

Are we supposed to put a photo of our selves in this frame that reflects our PC or CS career??

If you want to, you can. My thought was that we'd take a group picture each evening that everyone can print out and put in the frame they get from the exchange. So everyone will have a momento of Conference.

I really like the idea......

Me too. I will be out to dinner with Pampered Laura and our group--then count me in. Can't wait to meet you all.

Julie

Lookin' forward to meeting you, Julie! And way to go on getting to conference so soon after starting. It'll make a real difference in your business.

Thanks Ann. So the plan is 10 p.m. Sunday and/or Monday in the Irish Pub at the Hilton. Bring a cute frame 4X6 to exchange and look cute to take a group picture we can each print ourselves to put in our newly received frames. ?? Am I leaving anything out? Oh, Beth is bringing brownies??

Julie

You got it all! The frames are optional - you don't have to participate if you don't want to or if money is tight. We'll collect email to send out the group shot.

Also, I'll have my fruit hat (as seen in my avatar), and anyone who wants a fruit hat pic can wear it. I'll take pics, then email them after conference to the appropriate people. I may even edit avatar-size versions for folks.

What no CS frame in your store Anne?!

Okay Iam not that creative........ but i will find a nice frame!!

heat123 said:
What no CS frame in your store Anne?!

Cafe Press doesn't have a frame. And my other store is just being filled now (mostly stuff that didn't sell when I had it listed on eBay). I did think of doing one, but I'm WAY too busy to pursue that train of thought right now.

Just givin you a hard time! :)

chefann said:
Cafe Press doesn't have a frame. And my other store is just being filled now (mostly stuff that didn't sell when I had it listed on eBay). I did think of doing one, but I'm WAY too busy to pursue that train of thought right now.

Besides, then everyone would have the same frame.....so what would be the object of an exchange?

Good point!

I did make 2 CS frames for the exchange, though - one for Sunday and one for Monday. They're a little cutesy, but I like 'em!

are we supposed to wrap these up???

You don't have to, but a sheet of tissue around them will give the recipients something to open. :) (I like opening presents...)

I was just thinking about airport security is the reason I asked.....

If you put them in a checked bag, you should be fine.

How many meet and greets are we having?

Ok - my flight gets into Midway at 920pm and I am staying at the Hilton I believe (yeah me!). Are you all planning on closing the bar down???? Just wondering if I shall take my bag to my room first! LOL!

LOL....... we are so happy that you can be at conference!!!

chefann said:
I'm open to hangin' at the pub for 2 nights. I'm at the Hilton, so as long as I can get back to my room, I'm good. I keep forgetting that Monday night is wide open since they're changing the awards walks.

So.... Sunday and Monday. Look for the rowdy group in the pub.

And I just looked up the name, it's Kitty O'Sheas. :)

Here is your answer Leah!

I have Monday 7 a.m. Tour. Maybe I should be at the Monday night Meet and Greet?? Sleep --I SHOULD BE DOING THAT NOW.

julie

Well, you'll have to be up bright and early on Tuesday, too. You could just pop in for a few minutes both nights?!

No matter what you do we are going to be tired by the time we get home from Conference!!!! Count me in for both nights!!!!! Since we only get to see each other once a year....... I am down for both nights!!!

I think we'll need to grab the whole pub for ourselves. :D

You got that right!!!! :D

I sooo wish I was able to go (had to pull out due to cost of plane fare)...the meet and greets sound like they are going to be a blast. I'll be there in spirit!

Will definitely see you in Cinncinati.

kris

We wish you were coming, too, Kris!

Save your pennies, and we'll see you in January! (Can you get a military hop to Wright-Patt to save some money then?)

I've been off the boards for a while - should have know....

Leave it up to Ann to get us all in the bar..... OH WAIT!! ... that is where I met her last conference:D

Can't wait to meet all of you!!

Gina- pbbbht! :p Your group was in the bar first, then we came in. And I was invited by Julie K.
We're so excited that our conferences lined up this year! Last year it was tough with Julie being in a different wave.

Okay... I don't' remember meeting anyone really last year...... and if I did and I don't' remember I am more blind than I thought LOL!!

Leah, Gina and I met at Leadership. A gal (Julie) who's a hospitality consultant in my cluster is actually in Gina's extended cluster. We went to the bar to meet some of Julie's group. Lo and behold! I met Gina!

chefann said:
Leah, Gina and I met at Leadership. A gal (Julie) who's a hospitality consultant in my cluster is actually in Gina's extended cluster. We went to the bar to meet some of Julie's group. Lo and behold! I met Gina!

Ann ~

WOW!! - Is that how it happened:D I could have swore I was dragged in there kicking and screaming :eek: I was so happy to meet Ann ~ she is a "hoot" - come on down to the bar and meet us.

What the H*** !!! Who's pictiure do you have now???

Are you covering up your BIG HAIR:cool:

chefann said:
We wish you were coming, too, Kris!

Save your pennies, and we'll see you in January! (Can you get a military hop to Wright-Patt to save some money then?)

Kris...

Could you get to WPAFB in July? I'm in Cincinnati and driving... could probably arrange to pick you up...

PCGINA said:
Ann ~

WOW!! - Is that how it happened:D I could have swore I was dragged in there kicking and screaming :eek: I was so happy to meet Ann ~ she is a "hoot" - come on down to the bar and meet us.

LOL!!!! Gina.. I won't drag you but we can go to the bar together alright roomie!!!!

Wow Katie...thank you for such a kind and generous offer!:) I have to decline, but I am really touched.

Most of our Space-A flights go to the east coast. Trying Space-A this time of year is too risky (as a retiree, I'm bottom of the list). My DH and I flew home in March (short notice family crisis), but we couldn't get the Space-A seats going back. Ended up paying $1300 to return here. :eek: I'd have to be back by July 14th for a show...can't afford to wait for seats.

The other side of this is my DH offered me a wonderful trip for our anniversary. Financially, we can't do both. So, while I really luv you all.....

Thank you again Katie. Looking forward to meeting you at Leadership.

PCGINA said:
Ann ~

There was some fun going on last night - you can read about it in the Hijacking thread. (KG hijacked my avatar, so he looked like me. So I changed mine to him. And so did Janet. And a couple other people.)

Ann,

I thought you and Janet were looking a little hairy! Glad you were able to shave that extra hair off and get back to looking like you!

Lisa

How do you know? My av doesn't include my chin. Maybe the beard is still there. :)

That was fun, though.

ChefLisa said:
Ann,

I thought you and Janet were looking a little hairy! Glad you were able to shave that extra hair off and get back to looking like you!

Lisa
Yeah! I was a little worried for a while there - not!

You guys are crazy.

I would have changed mine too but I wasn't sure I'd remember how to get my own back. lol:rolleyes:

<H2>1. What is the date and time of the Wave 1 Meet 'N' Greet event?</H2><p>The event will take place on Sunday, July 8 at 10:00 p.m.</p><H2>2. Where will the event be held?</H2><p>The event will be held at the Irish Pub in the lobby of the Chicago Hilton.</p><H2>3. Can anyone attend the event?</H2><p>Yes, anyone is welcome to attend the event, regardless of whether or not they are staying at the Hilton.</p><H2>4. Is there a cost to attend the event?</H2><p>There is no cost to attend the event, but attendees will need to pay for their own food and drinks.</p><H2>5. Will there be CS buttons available at the event?</H2><p>Yes, there will be CS buttons available at the event for those who have not received them yet.</p>

1. What is the date and time of the Wave 1 Meet 'N' Greet event?

The event will take place on Sunday, July 8 at 10:00 p.m.

2. Where will the event be held?

The event will be held at the Irish Pub in the lobby of the Chicago Hilton.

3. Can anyone attend the event?

Yes, anyone is welcome to attend the event, regardless of whether or not they are staying at the Hilton.

4. Is there a cost to attend the event?

There is no cost to attend the event, but attendees will need to pay for their own food and drinks.

5. Will there be CS buttons available at the event?

Yes, there will be CS buttons available at the event for those who have not received them yet.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
merego
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef
Back