• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Join the Thread Killers Club and Embrace Your Fate!

In summary, the conversation discusses the thread killers and how they often act. One person talks about how they are a thread killer on another forum and another person talks about how they are a thread killer on a Mac forum. Finally, someone talks about being a thread killer again.
  • #1,651
can be the problem child????? Try, IS the problem child. I have a somewhat warped relationship with my MIL, but it is still closer to normal that what I have with my own mom. Between the co-dependency and the passive-agressive personality, I never can do anything right. And she has perfected the "Maybe it's my issue becuase I just love you too much" speech.

When I was in high school, I graduated 15th in my class and was given a scholarship to the college I was planning to attend that covered in-state tuition and room/board for 4 years. But, when we went to the senior awards ceremony, she was upset with me and lectured me about "not working hard enough" because she found out then that I didn't apply for a $500 scholarship that some local women's group gave. I didn't have time to do the 3 page essay that was required because I was too busy studying for my AP English exam so that I could get college credit for the course - I'm such a slacker! And she really doesn't understand why I decided to live on campus!!!

• #1,652
Oh Amy. What a nut job your MIL is. How horrible.

I hope she feels really bad about what she did to you at your shower. Atleast you know how much better off her son is with you than that witch she brought.

• #1,653
ChefJeniLobdell said:
Oh Amy. What a nut job your MIL is. How horrible.

I hope she feels really bad about what she did to you at your shower. Atleast you know how much better off her son is with you than that witch she brought.

no, they don't feel the least bit bad or guilty about that or any of the other comments they have made. They even invited her to my baby shower, the hospital after I had just given birth to our twins!:rolleyes: And to their 1st b-day party. She and FIL were made for each other. I could go on & on & on, but I'll take Rae's advice and just bless and release (or atleast try)

And unfortunately they DO live too close to us - about 20 minutes.

• #1,654
Wow, after reading about these MIL & FIL stories it makes me very glad that we live 4 hours away from mine!!!

• #1,655
Amy, has your husband ever said anything to his parents about the way they are behaving or to this wicked woman who just keeps coming?

• #1,656
ChefJeniLobdell said:
Amy, has your husband ever said anything to his parents about the way they are behaving or to this wicked woman who just keeps coming?

he did say something after FIL made the comment about me being a 1-night stand. Other things he hasn't said too much about since he is never around when the comments are being made.

• #1,657
oh I am sooo sorry for turning this into a major depressing hijack!!

Here is something I picked up from my daughter the other day. I thought it was too precious! She had just put on her new dress, and as she was spinning around showing her daddy, she asked him............."So, do I look beautiful or awesome?" She's 4 today - so pretty smart cookie if you ask me!
Is that not the coolest. I'm going to steal her line! No more "does this make me look fat?", from now on its going to be 2 choices that I WANT to hear. Beautiful or Awesome!

• #1,658
amy07 said:
he did say something after FIL made the comment about me being a 1-night stand. Other things he hasn't said too much about since he is never around when the comments are being made.
Isn't that always the case? Then they don't believe you, because they haven't heard it with their own ears.

In a related issue, my parents were frequently upset with my grandparents (Dad's folks) when I was growing up because they would make plans with us and then cancel because another branch of the family had offered to do something with them. Or G&G (Grandma & Grandpa) would tell my parents, "We don't know if we're coming over then. (other branch) may call us with something better to do." Of course, we always thought we were getting the short end of the stick (especially after they skipped my sister's wedding, and Mom and Dad were going to pay their airfare and put them up with the rest of the family). After G&G both passed away, we found out from other branches of the family that they did that using our family as the "better offer". So everyone was getting the runaround! We've actually gotten closer with some of my cousins, aunts and uncles since then. But nobody knew the whole story until recently.

• #1,659
amy07 said:

Here is something I picked up from my daughter the other day. I thought it was too precious! She had just put on her new dress, and as she was spinning around showing her daddy, she asked him............."So, do I look beautiful or awesome?" She's 4 today - so pretty smart cookie if you ask me!
Is that not the coolest. I'm going to steal her line! No more "does this make me look fat?", from now on its going to be 2 choices that I WANT to hear. Beautiful or Awesome!
That's great!

• #1,660
amy07 said:

I don't know about anyone else, but this wasn't depressing at all... I was having fun laughing and rolling my eyes at the stupidity of some people and feeling better about how "normal" I think I am!

• #1,661
Okay, I now officially have replaced "Does this make me look fat?" with "Do I look beautiful or awesome?"Amy, I've posted this elsewhere before, but it bears repeating. I used to dread get-togethers with The Furry Guy's family. Then, I read a suggestion that I took to heart. I considered the time in their presence research for my stand-up routine. You see, every rude, insensitive, heartless thing his family does becomes a really funny story when I tell it to my friends. They can't wait for me to get home from his family get-togethers. I doubt I'll ever run out of material. Since I started doing that, I've stopped dreading the get-togethers. They aren't my favorite thing, but they aren't torture any longer.

• #1,662
raebates said:
Okay, I now officially have replaced "Does this make me look fat?" with "Do I look beautiful or awesome?"

Amy, I've posted this elsewhere before, but it bears repeating. I used to dread get-togethers with The Furry Guy's family. Then, I read a suggestion that I took to heart. I considered the time in their presence research for my stand-up routine. You see, every rude, insensitive, heartless thing his family does becomes a really funny story when I tell it to my friends. They can't wait for me to get home from his family get-togethers. I doubt I'll ever run out of material.

Since I started doing that, I've stopped dreading the get-togethers. They aren't my favorite thing, but they aren't torture any longer.

another positive spin!:D :D See.....I'm starting to realize that my dues for joining this highly addictive site is MUCH cheaper than therapy and soooo much more fun!

• #1,663
Yeah, $5/year is pretty cheap for therapy. (More, of course, if you're an overachieving gold member.)I realized today that mostly I just read and absorb a lot of positive ways of dealing with things. One of my best buddies tells me I'm the only person she knows who reads self-help books and then actually does the stuff the books suggest.

• #1,664
wow! 12 hours and no new posts - no way can I let Rae kill it!

• #1,665
Don't think any one of us would allow THAT!:rolleyes:

• #1,666
Nope. Besides, most of those 12 hours were sleeping and getting ready for work time.

• #1,667
Work? As much time as I spend on CS, you would think this IS my job!

• #1,668
I can't believe you people wouldn't let me win. Dang!

• #1,669
It's a conspiracy... we just let it go for a bit to make you think you might have won and then WHAM! we squash your dream like a bug on a windshield!

• #1,670
Bwa ha ha ha ha ha!

That's an evil laugh typed out, in case you couldn't tell.

• #1,671
I could hear that clearly, Ann.

I see how you people are. Evil. Pure evil.

• #1,672
Isn't "pure evil" an oxymoron? Since "pure" is frequently used as a synonym for "good."

I prefer "deliciously evil." Then it sounds like cake.

• #1,673
mmmm... cake... this is NOT helping with the plan to lose weight before NC!

• #1,674
Chocolate cake?

• #1,675
Well, Devil's Food is chocolate, and it fits the "deliciously evil" theme.

So, yes. Chocolate cake. Dark chocolate. With deep, dark hot fudge poured over it.

Sometimes it's better to be bad than to be good.

• #1,676
Mmmmmm. Time for a mid-afternoon snack.

• #1,677
You're brining this to your meet 'n greet in July, right???

• #1,678
Sounds like it's time for a little lava cake in the prep bowl!

• #1,679
katie0128 said:
You're brining this to your meet 'n greet in July, right???
Can't. I'm traveling on the bus. And I doubt that the pub would approve of us bringing our own food in.

• #1,680
I'm betting if you wear your Carmen Miranda hat and feather boa they'll never notice the cake.

• #1,681
Oh too bad! I'm driving in on Sunday and I could make it at my DIL's that afternoon. You sure we can't just sneak it in?

• #1,682
Well, I gave the feather boa to my nieces for dress-up. But, yeah- anyone walking into a bar wearing a fruit hat is sure to attract some attention.

The funny thing is that I'm actually too shy to do that - wear it in. I'll put it on once I'm sitting, but not walk through the restaurant.

• #1,683
BethCooks4U said:
Oh too bad! I'm driving in on Sunday and I could make it at my DIL's that afternoon. You sure we can't just sneak it in?
OK- you're in charge of cake. If they kick us out, then we'll commandeer one of the "floor lounges" in the elevator lobby.

• #1,684
chefann said:
The funny thing is that I'm actually too shy to do that - wear it in. I'll put it on once I'm sitting, but not walk through the restaurant.

Are you kidding?

• #1,685
Deal! Chocolate to die for cake! We could tell them we're celebrating and just buy some extra drinks. They'll leave us alone - but the lobby would work too.

And, Ann, you need to wear the fruit hat walking through the bar - make a statement! ...Hmmm... fruit hat, slut shirt... yep some statement! And CS written all over the back of the shirt!:eek: :p

• #1,686
amy07 said:
Are you kidding?
No- really. I embarrass easily, and I'm usually pretty tongue-tied when I meet new people. I've been working on it, and I'm better than I used to be.

My PC shows are a different story. Then it's like I'm a different character. And so it's easier to be open.

• #1,687
Well, you wouldn't know it by your posts! Just remember we're your best friends - you just haven't seen us in person yet. And the bartender is always everyone's friends. The bar will mostly be PC people anyway and those that aren't aren't noticing.

• #1,688
BethCooks4U said:
Deal! Chocolate to die for cake! We could tell them we're celebrating and just buy some extra drinks. They'll leave us alone - but the lobby would work too.

And, Ann, you need to wear the fruit hat walking through the bar - make a statement! ...Hmmm... fruit hat, slut shirt... yep some statement! And CS written all over the back of the shirt!:eek: :p
If we're too wild, they may not invite us back.

I had the same thought about purchasing a few extra drinks to "cover" for the cake. We should post in the meet 'n' greet thread to see whose birthday is closest to conference. Then we can call it a birthday cake.

• #1,689
This is exactly what happens with lots of actors. People are surprised to find out that many successful actors are shy. It's because they get to hide behind the character. When you do a show, you're Pampered Chef Lady, not Ann. On here, you get to hide behind the keyboard.

Me, on the other hand, not shy at all. My stage persona changes with the character I'm playing, but I'm a classic extrovert. People energize me. Old friends. New friends. Strangers. Doesn't matter.

• #1,690
chefann said:
If we're too wild, they may not invite us back.

I had the same thought about purchasing a few extra drinks to "cover" for the cake. We should post in the meet 'n' greet thread to see whose birthday is closest to conference. Then we can call it a birthday cake.
No! We can't be TOO wild! I would not want to be the talk of Chicago.:eek:

How about calling it an Un-birthday cake? I planned an unbirthday family party one year in July (no one's birthday was that month). Everyone brought one gift - we drew names because of the wide age range - and it was the best time!:cool:

• #1,691
BethCooks4U said:
No! We can't be TOO wild! I would not want to be the talk of Chicago.:eek:

How about calling it an Un-birthday cake? I planned an unbirthday family party one year in July (no one's birthday was that month). Everyone brought one gift - we drew names because of the wide age range - and it was the best time!:cool:

Ooooo... that could be really fun... Like a white elephant/steal the gift kinda thing... I'll post on the meet 'n greet and see what kinda response we get...

• #1,692
We can do it without gifts too. Just bring a funny card or something like that.

We could all sign all of them and then everyone gets one...

• #1,693
Over 12 hours. Not bad.

Not good enough, though!

• #1,695
  • #1,697
raebates said:
Hey, you figured out my first name. http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/happy0028.gif

One of my favorite cartoons is two dogs talking. One says to the other, "My name is No No Bad Dog. What's yours?"

ya know, after I got married I just became "his wife", now I'm just "their mom". Sometimes I forget my own name............of course it could be "where's the...........";) ;)

• #1,698
I am "Tom's mom" to everyone here in Mebane. It doesn't matter if it's a meeting that has nothing to do with him or a show or anything. As soon as they learn my name they say "Oh! Are you Tom's mom?". Good thing they all like him. (And we are not THAT small of a town!)

• #1,699
With three kids under 8, I'm "mommyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy"... always VERY loud and VERY whiny...

• #1,700
Today, I'm "Doggy Mommy"...because DS has been the "baby puppy" since he got up this morning!:)
I love a 3 yr old imagination!

<h2>1. What is the Thread Killers Club and how do I join?</h2><p>The Thread Killers Club is a group for people who have a tendency to "kill" online forum threads by being the last person to comment, resulting in no further discussion. To join, simply search for the Thread Killers Club forum and request to join.</p><h2>2. How do you know if you are a thread killer?</h2><p>If you consistently find yourself being the last person to comment on forum threads, or if you notice a lack of responses after you post, it's likely that you are a thread killer. Don't worry, it's a common phenomenon!</p><h2>3. Can being a thread killer be a good thing?</h2><p>Yes, being a thread killer can have its benefits. You may be the person who sparks a new topic or provides a conclusive answer to a question. Plus, being a thread killer can also be a source of humor and self-awareness.</p><h2>4. How can I break the cycle of being a thread killer?</h2><p>One way to break the cycle is to actively engage in discussions and ask open-ended questions to encourage others to participate. You can also try to be the first to comment on a new thread instead of waiting until the end.</p><h2>5. Are there any other thread killers in the Pampered Chef community?</h2><p>There may be other thread killers in the community, but don't let that discourage you! The Thread Killers Club is a fun and supportive space for all thread killers, so feel free to embrace your fate and join the club.</p>

Related to Join the Thread Killers Club and Embrace Your Fate!

1. What is the Thread Killers Club and how do I join?

The Thread Killers Club is a group for people who have a tendency to "kill" online forum threads by being the last person to comment, resulting in no further discussion. To join, simply search for the Thread Killers Club forum and request to join.

2. How do you know if you are a thread killer?

If you consistently find yourself being the last person to comment on forum threads, or if you notice a lack of responses after you post, it's likely that you are a thread killer. Don't worry, it's a common phenomenon!

3. Can being a thread killer be a good thing?

Yes, being a thread killer can have its benefits. You may be the person who sparks a new topic or provides a conclusive answer to a question. Plus, being a thread killer can also be a source of humor and self-awareness.

4. How can I break the cycle of being a thread killer?

One way to break the cycle is to actively engage in discussions and ask open-ended questions to encourage others to participate. You can also try to be the first to comment on a new thread instead of waiting until the end.

5. Are there any other thread killers in the Pampered Chef community?

There may be other thread killers in the community, but don't let that discourage you! The Thread Killers Club is a fun and supportive space for all thread killers, so feel free to embrace your fate and join the club.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ShellBeach
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
Replies
Views
Ashery
  • mrssyvo
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service