• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Join the Thread Killers Club and Embrace Your Fate!

In summary, the conversation discusses the thread killers and how they often act. One person talks about how they are a thread killer on another forum and another person talks about how they are a thread killer on a Mac forum. Finally, someone talks about being a thread killer again.
  • #1,601
I leave for a few days and then have 4 pages to catch up on... my, my you all have been busy! But I personally loved the mushy stuff about parenting. I've got 3 critters - the oldest of whom is going to be 8 in July and I decided I've officially graduated to being a mom when my 7, oh excuse me 7 3/4 year old (can you tell we've been learning fractions at home?) told me "you take all the fun out of stuff" when I wouldn't let him play soccer in the family room!

BTW... WHEN (not if, but when) I get my stripper star I would be Tyki Dunraven... nope, not a very good stripper name. Oh well.

• #1,602
Well, DH has graduated to partial clothes horse.He decided that he needed to replace some of his work clothes, because they were wearing out. Well, he's picky. He won't wear white or light blue shirts because "everybody wears them." And pink is out because "I did that in the 80s." And now he won't wear purple because there's a poor performer at work who wears purple shirts a couple of times a week. We got the Sunday circulars early this week (they delivered us a Saturday paper), and he saw that JC Penney was having a sale. So we went there this afternoon. $700 later, we left the store. And that was AFTER the additional 15% discount for signing up for and using a JCP card! But he got 10 dress shirts, several ties, 5 pair of slacks, 3 pair of jeans and a pair of swim trunks.

• #1,603
I have to do that very thing with DS before he goes off to college! I hope our tax free day is before he leaves! I think it's usually the first weekend in August - we are often gone then and it usually is when we are away.

Yikes! ANOTHER college expense to add to my list.

• #1,604
No one has ever referred to The Furry Guy as anything remotely resembling a clothes horse. He complained when the pocket t-shirts he wears (the nice thick ones, so they last for years) went from $7 to $9.Thankfully, I don't view his lack of fashion sense as a reflection on me. He's very comfortable with who he is, so he mixes well with pretty much everyone. After talking with him for 10 minutes, people know that he is his own man. It's obvious I'm not the one dressing him.The best thing about this? More clothing budget money for me.

• #1,605
DH is far from a clothes horse too but when we do replace his wardrobe it's a shock to the budget - he does it all at once. Now, I on the other hand, add to mine whenever I see something I like, need, fits...

• #1,606
BethCooks4U said:
DH is far from a clothes horse too but when we do replace his wardrobe it's a shock to the budget - he does it all at once.
That's exactly what Dan does. He'll wear things until they're falling apart, and then decide to replace it all. The only things he keeps an eye out for in sale circulars are athletic shoes. But that's because he wears a VERY wide, and only 1 brand comes in that width.

• #1,607
I think it has something to do with an aversion to the mall.

• #1,608
morning all!
Wow! You guys have been busy this weekend! And it is official, I have a CS addiction - back home from a great weekend on the Bay, and NEED to check in with you guys to see what is going on!

• #1,609
Question: Which is better/worse: To be called a slut or a tramp?

• #1,610
BethCooks4U said:
I think it has something to do with an aversion to the mall.

That's not The Furry Guy's issue. He loves to shop.

• #1,611
BethCooks4U said:

Neither is a complliment.

• #1,612
BethCooks4U said:
How about a whore?
Even worse, how about a manwhore?

• #1,614
Slut sounds more insulting to me.

Getting ready to rip someone a new one there Bethy?? ;)

Last edited:
  • #1,615
chef_leeanne said:
Slut sounds more insulting to me.

Getting ready to rip someone a new one there Bethy?? ;)
:eek: :eek: ME?!?! NEVER!!

This may be TMI but I have a new pair of pj's and DH LOVES the top. I was teasing that I could wear it out and about this summer because it doesn't look like a pj top and he said it looked trampy. We had a discussion and he said HE loves it but it is not the kind of thing to wear at the mall (I think especially at my age and size). Anyway, I later said he called me a slut and he said "NO! I said Tramp." :eek: :rolleyes:

He loves me dearly and would never call me a name of any sort but we have had a lot of fun with it today.:p

• #1,616
That's why the lady is a tramp...I think the progression, from mild to wild would be:
tramp, slut, skank, whore

• #1,617
Whew!:p There's still a chance for me.

• #1,618
Almost forgot, hoochie mama fits in there someplace, too.

• #1,619
It has been quite for a while. Maybe this is it.

• #1,620
Nope. Sorry.
tongue-smiley-8849.gif

• #1,622
chefann said:
That's why the lady is a tramp...

I think the progression, from mild to wild would be:
tramp, slut, skank, whore

My FIL recently told me that when DH & I were dating that he thought I would be "a 1, 2,3, maybe even a 4 night stand":eek: :eek: Uh, DH can't understand why that upset me so much. I told him that his father basically called me a whore. Nice,huh?

• #1,623
I agree with your progression, Ann.

Amy, maybe your FIL thought you were way too good for his son and would drop him after 3 or 4 dates. What can I say? I'm a glass-half-full kind of gal.

• #1,624
Rae, you are too kind! The man is a jerk! DH & I dated for over a year before we got engaged,and he still says that we barely dated. He (FIL) just doesn't like me. His loss.

• #1,625
You're right. His loss. He obviously has some kind of wierd disorder. We love you.

• #1,626
The first words my FIL ever said to me were, "Who the hel* are you?!?"

Of course, we hand't been introduced, and it was in the middle of a surprise Christmas gift thing with his kids (they bought him a TV, and had it delivered. FIL had walked in the room and seen it, was complaining about it, then saw me sitting quietly in the corner of the couch.)

It only confused him when I told him that I was Dan's old girfriend's twin sister. :)

Amy- some people are just never happy with who their kids end up with. We love you. {{{hugs}}}

• #1,627
I met The Furry Guy while I was in the middle of a divorce. I refused to go out with him until my divorce was final. (Even then, I refused to date just him. He had to jump through a lot of hoops to win me. Thankfully, he still thinks I'm worth it.) He was living in a converted office behind his parents' house at that time. We had been dating a few weeks when my divorce decree appeared in the local paper. She cut it out and placed it on the kitchen counter where he would be sure to find it.

I was the first to marry one of her offspring. She's never been particularly fond of me. However, she really doesn't like any of the others, so I know it's not just me.

• #1,628
maybe we should start an "nasty in-law thread" - that would be a never-ending one too I'm sure! I find it hard to believe that my husband actually was raised by these people! I keep checking to make sure he has a belly button and is not an alien. I get a kick out of it (the alien thing), it just confirms my DH suspicion that I am not playing with a full deck!

• #1,629
Because The Furry Guy is amazing, people often ask me if he has any single brothers. He does. They're single for a very good reason. It's funny. Neither of us is anything at all like our families of origin.

Like they say, you can't pick your family.

You can pick your friends.
You can pick your nose.
But, you can't pick your friend's nose.
(Actually, my son has a picture with one of his friends that disproves that theory.)

• #1,630
raebates said:
You can pick your friends.
You can pick your nose.
But, you can't pick your friend's nose.
(Actually, my son has a picture with one of his friends that disproves that theory.)

EWWWWW! was you son involved? Is he the picker or the pickee? I'm hoping he was just the photographer!

• #1,631
The picture is him and his buddy. They both have their index finger up the other's nose. Yes, it's disgusting. They were about 15 years old at the time. To be completely honest, though, they'd probably do it again today if they were asked. There's something wrong with those boys.

• #1,632
amy07 said:
EWWWWW! was you son involved? Is he the picker or the pickee? I'm hoping he was just the photographer!

From what Rae has shared about her son....I'm pretty sure he was involved!:p

This past week, I was really wondering how my DH turned out so incredible! His parents are okay....just extremely uptight, as is his brother & SIL, and his sisiter.......they drive me crazy with their need to have everything orchestrated and perfect all the time, and I know I drive them just as crazy with my laid-back attitude. I think that's why DH married me - he needed someplace where he could relax!

• #1,633
Your all just going to ramble on about your inlaws trying to be the last post.
Well, let me tell you my inlaws are from Mass. and I don't think you can get any worse than that. They are the coldest things at times.

• #1,634
By the way. How many posts do you need to get one of those pretty stars??

• #1,635
I don't know about that. We lived less than 5 miles from my inlaws. At the time our son was the only grandchild. She was fine with seeing him once a year at Christmas. Seriously. That's what she told her sister. I was there when she said it at the Christmas get-together.

The empty (or stripper) star you get at 800 posts.

• #1,636
raebates said:
I don't know about that. We lived less than 5 miles from my inlaws. At the time our son was the only grandchild. She was fine with seeing him once a year at Christmas. Seriously. That's what she told her sister. I was there when she said it at the Christmas get-together.

The empty (or stripper) star you get at 800 posts.

Okay Rae - you win with the coldest in-laws! I just cannot imagine grandparents who don't want to see their grandkids! Even though my in-laws drive me crazy sometimes......they are head-over-heels in love with all their grandkids......and my parents are the same way!
So sad......they are missing one of the most incredible relationships here on earth! I love to see DS with "Gramma & Grampa" or with "Papa & Mimi".....

At least your son only had to be subjected to the coldness once a year though!

And even though DS has GP's who love him, he also has "Adopted" grandmas - our 88 yr old neighbor is "Grandma Hazel", and we have a dear friend who is "Grandma Sue".......hopefully, you were able to find replacements too!

• #1,637
My in-laws are awesome - well except for the quirks that they each have...
Okay, they're strange too. And DH is the only normal one in the bunch and he's on the border!

Picking someone else's nose:
I have a picture of my kids and their cousins and my niece has her finger ALMOST in my son's nose.

• #1,638
For a long time I figured my MIL's coldness toward our boy was due to the fact that her youngest was only 5 when he was born. You know, it hadn't been that long since she'd had a little on around. I've since discovered that she loves babies, she's just not all that interested in little ones after the age of about 18 months. I guess that explains the 7 kids--the first 3 in less than 3years.

As for the picture, my baby boy and his buddy wanted to prove that it wasn't true that "you can't pick your friend's nose."

• #1,639
Rae, sounds like your MIL definitely wins the cold contest.

Well, my mother-in-law likes to pick fights with my DH about politics. In the past they had agreed they wouldn't discuss politics since they couldn't have a sane conversation about them. The last time they spoke (over 1 1/2 yrs ago) she picked a fight and he finally couldn't keep quite and mouthed back. She told him she was embarressed about what he had turned in to and doesn't know what happend to him.

My DH took that personally. He is a wonderful person, husband and father. Unfortunately, they have not spoken since. Neither will give in. My MIL has sent several notes since then, saying that he took everything out of context and she would wait for him to contact her. If not, have a good life.

• #1,640
I'm sorry, Jeni. Family tension isn't fun. While my MIL is cold, she's usually not confrontational.

Two of the siblings, though, have caused a bit of a rift in the family. There are 5 boys and 2 girls. (I almost called them men and women, but people who act like they did don't deserve the title.) The topic was how to exchange Christmas gifts. The issue is deep-seated sibiling junk. One of the sisters wound up refusing to attend the Christmas get-together. It got personal and really nasty. It was (and still is) petty, childish, and ridiculous.

The Furry Guy basically stayed out of it. It was all conducted through a long series of emails starting in October and ending during the second week of December. The funny thing was that the oldest brother, who really doesn't seem to realize I exist, went on and on about what a wonderful person I am. He concluded by saying that I was family with all of the positive conotations of the word. I was kind of surprised to find out he thought that highly of me. (No, he wasn't defending me . One of the issues had to do with whether inlaws got a vote in how things were handled.)

• #1,641
Rae, your MIL is cold. On a positive note (see, I'm trying to get your attitude), at least she didn't question the paternity like my FIL.

• #1,642
Dang! At least your DH isn't influenced by his wild ravings.

• #1,643
My in-laws aren't nasty, thank goodness! They're just odd. A friend of mine says that they remind her of the Costanzas on Seinfeld.

MIL is sweet, means well, but is really flaky. And not in a good way, like a biscuit, but in a weird way, like a brick that's falling apart. She saves her money for big purchases, which is good. She's been replacing the windows in their house one at a time with good windows. And towards that end, she sometimes pinches pennies. A few years back she bought a bunch of cat food because it was on sale for a really good price. NOBODY IN THE FAMILY HAD A CAT. She ended up giving it to a neighbor a year later.

• #1,644
My inlaws are quirky too, but compared to some of yours, they seem fairly normal... It's my DH's MIL that is the antagonistic one...

• #1,645
yeah that IS the only bright light on the whole thing.

• #1,646
chefann said:
And towards that end, she sometimes pinches pennies. A few years back she bought a bunch of cat food because it was on sale for a really good price. NOBODY IN THE FAMILY HAD A CAT. She ended up giving it to a neighbor a year later.

WHAT?!?!?!:rolleyes: Things that make you go, hmmmmm.

• #1,647
katie0128 said:
My inlaws are quirky too, but compared to some of yours, they seem fairly normal... It's my DH's MIL that is the antagonistic one...

so are you saying your mom can be the problem child?

• #1,648
here's another from my inlaws - this time MIL

she brought a girl to my bridal shower who has had a major thing for DH since they were kids. :rolleyes: Not only was this girl not invited, but she proceeded to tell EVERYONE at the shower how much she was in love with DH and SHE was supposed to be the one to marry him :eek: :eek: She and I have the same name, she then went on to say that, well if she married his brother instead her & I would have the same name:eek: :eek: My whole family at the shower was stunned - everyone was like, WTH?!?! MIL sat there smug and NEVER said a word.

• #1,649
OMG! That's too weird, even for my family.

Sounds like something from a TV show. :)

• #1,650
amy07 said:
here's another from my inlaws - this time MIL

she brought a girl to my bridal shower who has had a major thing for DH since they were kids. :rolleyes: Not only was this girl not invited, but she proceeded to tell EVERYONE at the shower how much she was in love with DH and SHE was supposed to be the one to marry him :eek: :eek: She and I have the same name, she then went on to say that, well if she married his brother instead her & I would have the same name:eek: :eek: My whole family at the shower was stunned - everyone was like, WTH?!?! MIL sat there smug and NEVER said a word.

Amy, I certainly hope you live no where close to these people, and that your children don't have to be around them on a regular basis! They sound positively HORRID!

<h2>1. What is the Thread Killers Club and how do I join?</h2><p>The Thread Killers Club is a group for people who have a tendency to "kill" online forum threads by being the last person to comment, resulting in no further discussion. To join, simply search for the Thread Killers Club forum and request to join.</p><h2>2. How do you know if you are a thread killer?</h2><p>If you consistently find yourself being the last person to comment on forum threads, or if you notice a lack of responses after you post, it's likely that you are a thread killer. Don't worry, it's a common phenomenon!</p><h2>3. Can being a thread killer be a good thing?</h2><p>Yes, being a thread killer can have its benefits. You may be the person who sparks a new topic or provides a conclusive answer to a question. Plus, being a thread killer can also be a source of humor and self-awareness.</p><h2>4. How can I break the cycle of being a thread killer?</h2><p>One way to break the cycle is to actively engage in discussions and ask open-ended questions to encourage others to participate. You can also try to be the first to comment on a new thread instead of waiting until the end.</p><h2>5. Are there any other thread killers in the Pampered Chef community?</h2><p>There may be other thread killers in the community, but don't let that discourage you! The Thread Killers Club is a fun and supportive space for all thread killers, so feel free to embrace your fate and join the club.</p>

Related to Join the Thread Killers Club and Embrace Your Fate!

1. What is the Thread Killers Club and how do I join?

The Thread Killers Club is a group for people who have a tendency to "kill" online forum threads by being the last person to comment, resulting in no further discussion. To join, simply search for the Thread Killers Club forum and request to join.

2. How do you know if you are a thread killer?

If you consistently find yourself being the last person to comment on forum threads, or if you notice a lack of responses after you post, it's likely that you are a thread killer. Don't worry, it's a common phenomenon!

3. Can being a thread killer be a good thing?

Yes, being a thread killer can have its benefits. You may be the person who sparks a new topic or provides a conclusive answer to a question. Plus, being a thread killer can also be a source of humor and self-awareness.

4. How can I break the cycle of being a thread killer?

One way to break the cycle is to actively engage in discussions and ask open-ended questions to encourage others to participate. You can also try to be the first to comment on a new thread instead of waiting until the end.

5. Are there any other thread killers in the Pampered Chef community?

There may be other thread killers in the community, but don't let that discourage you! The Thread Killers Club is a fun and supportive space for all thread killers, so feel free to embrace your fate and join the club.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ShellBeach
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
Replies
Views
Ashery
  • mrssyvo
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service