• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Join the Thread Killers Club and Embrace Your Fate!

In summary, the conversation discusses the thread killers and how they often act. One person talks about how they are a thread killer on another forum and another person talks about how they are a thread killer on a Mac forum. Finally, someone talks about being a thread killer again.
  • #1,101
Oh... post #1100...hehehe

• #1,102
Funsee you guys are still having FUN trying to kill the thread

• #1,103
Well... maybe not much fun today.. where is everyone? Just too beautiful out today I suppose...

Had the most lame Bridal Fair experience today, so as grouchy as I am this evening, I hope I do finally kill this thing!

• #1,104
I was out doing a fun bridal shower, but I'm back in time to attempt threadricide.

• #1,105
Sorry, try again!

• #1,106
Okay. Trying again.

• #1,107
Keep tryin', cuz it's not dying'!

• #1,108
raebates said:
I was out doing a fun bridal shower, but I'm back in time to attempt threadricide.

So how was the bridal shower? I've never done one before...
What did you make? Did you play games? Does the host also do some games as well?

• #1,109
cat said:
So how was the bridal shower? I've never done one before...
What did you make? Did you play games? Does the host also do some games as well?
The shower was lots of fun. About $470 in commissionable sales. I made a Black Forest Trifle because the host said if it had cherries the bride would like it. (I made this ahead of time and basically did a very short "skip" through the catalog. If it's not a shower, I refer to it as a "Yak & Snack.") Usually the host doesn't choose but do games, but today's host wanted me to lead a game or two so I did the following:Game 1: Have everyone think about the product in their kitchen they most want to get rid of. Have them write down the reason (not the name of the product). Fold the paper in half. Now write down the name of their significant other. If they don't have one, have them write "unattached." Collect them all. Draw out one at a time. Ask, "Okay who belongs to (name of significant other)? Oh, no! He's (reason written on the inside)." The bride chooses the funniest, and she receives a prize.2. Put several items on a tray. (Use the Round Woven Selections, of course.) Have the bride walk around so everyone gets a good look at the tray, then have her go into another room. Now ask a series of questions about the bride: Is she wearing earrings? What shape is her engagement stone? Is she wearing flats or heels? And so on. Have the questions ready before the shower. I asked nine questions. Everyone is paying so much attention to the tray they don't look at the bride. It catches them all off guard!Other than that, I have a pretty wedding gift bag to collect the recipes. (The PC shower invitation has a recipe card attached.) I have everyone sign the PC apron with fabric pens in the wedding colors. I put up a display board with the bride's wish list items on separate sticky notes.I think that's about it.

• #1,110
raebates said:
The shower was lots of fun. About $470 in commissionable sales. I made a Black Forest Trifle because the host said if it had cherries the bride would like it. (I made this ahead of time and basically did a very short "skip" through the catalog. If it's not a shower, I refer to it as a "Yak & Snack.") Usually the host doesn't choose but do games, but today's host wanted me to lead a game or two so I did the following:

Game 1: Have everyone think about the product in their kitchen they most want to get rid of. Have them write down the reason (not the name of the product). Fold the paper in half. Now write down the name of their significant other. If they don't have one, have them write "unattached." Collect them all. Draw out one at a time. Ask, "Okay who belongs to (name of significant other)? Oh, no! He's (reason written on the inside)." The bride chooses the funniest, and she receives a prize.

2. Put several items on a tray. (Use the Round Woven Selections, of course.) Have the bride walk around so everyone gets a good look at the tray, then have her go into another room. Now ask a series of questions about the bride: Is she wearing earrings? What shape is her engagement stone? Is she wearing flats or heels? And so on. Have the questions ready before the shower. I asked nine questions. Everyone is paying so much attention to the tray they don't look at the bride. It catches them all off guard!

Other than that, I have a pretty wedding gift bag to collect the recipes. (The PC shower invitation has a recipe card attached.) I have everyone sign the PC apron with fabric pens in the wedding colors. I put up a display board with the bride's wish list items on separate sticky notes.

I think that's about it.

Cool thanks for all the info! I think it'd be fun to to a bridal shower, but I just haven't had the opportunity yet...

• #1,111
I've done several. I enjoy them.

• #1,112
Were they for friends or people you know? Or mostly for people you met from shows?

• #1,113
Some of the showers I've done have been for people I've known. Some not. Today's shower was held by a past host, but the bride lives in Illinois. She was in for the weekend.

• #1,114
:D Thanks Rae! (I know you are gonna say, "You're welcome" and I'm trying to think of what to say after that. But maybe I'll LET you have the last word...for now!) :D

• #1,115
I think its funny that a thread originally about killing threads and is just not ending.

• #1,116
It's all about perserverance.

• #1,117
AJPratt said:
I think its funny that a thread originally about killing threads and is just not ending.
By it's very nature, it will not end.

• #1,118
cat said:
:D Thanks Rae! (I know you are gonna say, "You're welcome" and I'm trying to think of what to say after that. But maybe I'll LET you have the last word...for now!) :D

Of course. I must have the last word.

• #1,120
Just posting to get the last word.

• #1,121
My Mom used to call me "Last Word Anne." LOL

• #1,122
My mom didn't know I always got the last word because she didn't hear the mumbling I did as I sulked away.

• #1,123
Vlersn borschnitt glerzy rofchild.

• #1,124
raebates said:
My mom didn't know I always got the last word because she didn't hear the mumbling I did as I sulked away.
Oh, no, I said it loud enough for everyone to hear! LOL

• #1,125
Well, that was a good way to get in big trouble at my house. I perfected the art of the mumbled response while walking away at a very young age. Still works well. As an adult I mastered the smart-alec response after hanging up the phone. Very satisfying.

• #1,126
You are funny, Rae.:D

• #1,127
Yep--funny looking.

• #1,128
raebates said:
Well, that was a good way to get in big trouble at my house. I perfected the art of the mumbled response while walking away at a very young age. Still works well. As an adult I mastered the smart-alec response after hanging up the phone. Very satisfying.
It doesn't count if they can't hear you.

There. That'll show her.

• #1,129
This site is to funny. I could be sleeping, but instead I am looking to see if this thread is dead yet. I love this place. You all are so funny and have such awesome ideas.

• #1,130
raebates said:
Yep--funny looking.

I meant to say, you are a fun person, silly!:p

• #1,131
Wow...I cannot BELIEVE you guys are still here!!

• #1,132
What!?! It's almost been 2 hours and nobody's posted here... that is just insane!

• #1,133
Hellloooooooooooo......................

• #1,134
I'm going to win. I can't count the number of threads I've killed!

• #1,135
Pffffft! You're in with the major leaguers, here.

• #1,138
I didn't mean to double post. I tried to edit it but couldn't.
My computer gremlins must be working overtime.

• #1,139
I like knowing that I am not the only night owl on here... Thanks Bev for making me feel not so insane right now :)

• #1,140
Thanks for the laughs on a sleepless night. I'm close to getting a pink star (I think) and here was a good excuse to post.

• #1,141
cat said:
I meant to say, you are a fun person, silly!:p

Yeah, sure.

• #1,142
tlennhoff said:
Thanks for the laughs on a sleepless night. I'm close to getting a pink star (I think) and here was a good excuse to post.

Sorry, I think the new level for the pink star is 2700.:(

• #1,143
HA! Those night owls thought THEY had the last word.

I'm here to prove them wrong.:cool:

• #1,144
We early birds have them all beat to pieces. Right, Beth?

• #1,145
Right. Now go take a nap, Rae!

• #1,146
mmm..... nap.....

• #1,147
chefann said:
mmm..... nap.....

Nap? Whats that?! It sounds familiar... but its been so long since I have participated in this "nap" thing! :rolleyes:

• #1,148
A nap sounds wonderful. I was up most of the night trying to download
a song & burn it to a CD for my daughter for school today. It was my first time doing that & nothing went right!! I feel like a dinosaur when I do
stuff like this!!

• #1,149
While you all kept this thread awake I cleaned out the garage, closed a show, answered questions from THREE of my counsultants, welcomed a new consultant via email, did some laundry, went to the FedEx store, PO, bank and delivered a host packet and it's only 1:24 here! I think I need a nap now!

• #1,150
Beth, you have been very industrious this morning!

<h2>1. What is the Thread Killers Club and how do I join?</h2><p>The Thread Killers Club is a group for people who have a tendency to "kill" online forum threads by being the last person to comment, resulting in no further discussion. To join, simply search for the Thread Killers Club forum and request to join.</p><h2>2. How do you know if you are a thread killer?</h2><p>If you consistently find yourself being the last person to comment on forum threads, or if you notice a lack of responses after you post, it's likely that you are a thread killer. Don't worry, it's a common phenomenon!</p><h2>3. Can being a thread killer be a good thing?</h2><p>Yes, being a thread killer can have its benefits. You may be the person who sparks a new topic or provides a conclusive answer to a question. Plus, being a thread killer can also be a source of humor and self-awareness.</p><h2>4. How can I break the cycle of being a thread killer?</h2><p>One way to break the cycle is to actively engage in discussions and ask open-ended questions to encourage others to participate. You can also try to be the first to comment on a new thread instead of waiting until the end.</p><h2>5. Are there any other thread killers in the Pampered Chef community?</h2><p>There may be other thread killers in the community, but don't let that discourage you! The Thread Killers Club is a fun and supportive space for all thread killers, so feel free to embrace your fate and join the club.</p>

Related to Join the Thread Killers Club and Embrace Your Fate!

1. What is the Thread Killers Club and how do I join?

The Thread Killers Club is a group for people who have a tendency to "kill" online forum threads by being the last person to comment, resulting in no further discussion. To join, simply search for the Thread Killers Club forum and request to join.

2. How do you know if you are a thread killer?

If you consistently find yourself being the last person to comment on forum threads, or if you notice a lack of responses after you post, it's likely that you are a thread killer. Don't worry, it's a common phenomenon!

3. Can being a thread killer be a good thing?

Yes, being a thread killer can have its benefits. You may be the person who sparks a new topic or provides a conclusive answer to a question. Plus, being a thread killer can also be a source of humor and self-awareness.

4. How can I break the cycle of being a thread killer?

One way to break the cycle is to actively engage in discussions and ask open-ended questions to encourage others to participate. You can also try to be the first to comment on a new thread instead of waiting until the end.

5. Are there any other thread killers in the Pampered Chef community?

There may be other thread killers in the community, but don't let that discourage you! The Thread Killers Club is a fun and supportive space for all thread killers, so feel free to embrace your fate and join the club.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ShellBeach
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
Replies
Views
Ashery
  • mrssyvo
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service