• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Join the Thread Killers Club and Embrace Your Fate!

In summary, the conversation discusses the thread killers and how they often act. One person talks about how they are a thread killer on another forum and another person talks about how they are a thread killer on a Mac forum. Finally, someone talks about being a thread killer again.
  • #1,151
BethCooks4U said:
While you all kept this thread awake I cleaned out the garage, closed a show, answered questions from THREE of my counsultants, welcomed a new consultant via email, did some laundry, went to the FedEx store, PO, bank and delivered a host packet and it's only 1:24 here! I think I need a nap now!

That makes me tired just reading it!!!

• #1,152
Beth made me tired. I'm going to take a nap~

• #1,153
Now I'm going to get that ironing done.

How did I ever manage when I had a day job?!

• #1,154
While you're at it Beth do you wan to come over to my place and do my laundry and errands? I mean you are on a roll and all of being productive. :)

• #1,155
Can someone explain this term "ironing" I don't think I know
what that means!! lol

• #1,156
It's a writing technique - sort of like in O. Henry's Gift of the Magi where the husband sells his watch to buy his wife a silver hair clip and she cuts off her hair to buy him an expensive watch fob. It's called ironing.

• #1,157
I didn't take a nap. I went shopping! Took my nice big commission check and bought myself some business supplies and a couple of clothing items for NC!

• #1,158
We have TERMITES! Just one tube and no damage yet but OMG!:eek: :eek:

Every time I turn around there is another expense in the hundreds of dollars. I need to get on the phone and get more shows on my calendar!!

• #1,159
If you didn't do ironing for the termites, they'd get upset and leave.

• #1,160
The ironing is that all these things started showing up as soon as I left my day job.

Using TKG's definition of ironing.

• #1,161
Beth, I'm pretty sure these things were there before you quit. You were just too busy to notice them.

Doesn't make you feel any better. Does it?

• #1,162
raebates said:
Beth, I'm pretty sure these things were there before you quit. You were just too busy to notice them.

Doesn't make you feel any better. Does it?
Thanks. ...ahhh no it doesn't make me feel better.

• #1,163
Yeah, encouragement may not be one of my spiritual gifts.

Last edited:
  • #1,164
Nah-uh. We're not gonna let you get away with slipping this thread to page 2 with that entry!

• #1,165
Hmmmm... I wonder what entry WOULD let it slip into oblivion.:rolleyes:

• #1,166
I've come the the realization that nothing is going to obliterate this thing now. It has taken on a life of its own!

• #1,167
After Armageddon, there will only be three things left on earth: C0ckroaches, Twinkies and this thread.

• #1,168
Drama Warning:

Okay so now I have been out of that other job for about 6 weeks now. In that time we have had to replace a bathtub due to a crack and have to have our house treated for termites. The carpet was supposed to be replaced with the money that will now go to termite treatment. The dishwasher won't drain anymore (DH fixed it twice) and the washer is getting very noisy and I have to play with it to get it to spin dry and the dryer has to be pushed against just so to get it to start running. Things are falling apart around me (there's even more!). I am working on painting the interior walls of our house (outside will be in the fall) in addition to a ton of other projects. Oh, and building up my PC business so I can PAY for some of this!

Well, today I am painting a hallway and moved the ladder to the last section. While climbing up to get to the ceiling I hit my head into the door jam HARD. :eek: I felt dizzy and it still hurts - no bleeding but OUCH! Anyway, I also feel a little nauseated. Do you think I could have given myself a slight concussion? I certainly will pay attention to how I feel today. I am alone until about 2pm (I do have a new consultant training call at 10:30 too). Think I need to call DH to have him check in with me or am I over reacting?

I am persistant as you all know so I'll be back on that ladder soon to do the second coat. I am such a baby.:eek:

Edit: AND my DS is off to college in the fall and you all know what that will cost us!

Last edited:
  • #1,169
Sorry! I know, do you want some cheese with that whine?

• #1,170
You can't see, but I'm playing the world's smallest violin as the music for your pity party.

:)

Just kidding. Go ahead and vent. That really does help relieve the stress.

• #1,171
Ah, it was a fine whine, though.

• #1,172
raebates said:
Ah, it was a fine whine, though.
Only the finest in this house!:p

PS: Ann, I love violin music. Thanks for your contribution to making me feel better. :cool:

• #1,173
Of course. I wouldn't expect anything less.

• #1,174
BethCooks4U said:
Okay so now I have been out of that other job for about 6 weeks now.
Ya hadda go screw with the status quo and tempt fate, didn't ya?

• #1,175
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Ya hadda go screw with the status quo and tempt fate, didn't ya?
I KNOW! Here I thought I was going to have all that free time and get back into my crafts, lunch with my friends, eat bon bons, lose weight...:rolleyes:

• #1,176
No good deed goes unpunished.

• #1,178
BethCooks4U said:
I KNOW! Here I thought I was going to have all that free time and get back into my crafts, lunch with my friends, eat bon bons, lose weight...:rolleyes:

If you figure out a way to eat bon bons while losing weight, you'll be sure to let me know. Right?

• #1,179
It's a simple process that includes climbing on ladders and banging one's head into the ceiling.

• #1,180
Do that enough and you'll lose weight, and everything, permanently! :D

• #1,181
Or you'll do enough damage that you'll forget you were trying to lose weight in the first place?

• #1,182
Well, I haven't had time to eat the bon bons OR lose the weight.

But thanks for reminding me that my head hurts!:eek:

• #1,183
awww.... sorry.

Don't laugh too much, it'll make it worse.

• #1,184
No! Laughing releases endorphins. They make you feel better.

Quick, do a search and read all of KG's posts.

• #1,185
HA HA HA {{OUCH}}} HA HA HA {{OUCH}} {{OUCH}}

Stop your killing me!

Okay, now I have to get back on that ladder and paint the walls - ceiling looks pretty good - I think:confused:

• #1,186
Watch your head.

• #1,187
I need more paint! The "expert" said a quart was more than I'd need for that hall but it barely did the first coat!

It's supposed to be a pale brownish orange (what s that color?? - kind of brick but not red and not orange...) but it is definitely yellow. DH is going to be upset - he hates yellow. Maybe I can get them to make paint for the second coat more brownish.

It's back to the paint store for me!

And then I have to get started planning my meeting for Saturday (and Friday's show. No rest for the wicked in this house!

• #1,188
Have fun. I'll kill the thread while you're gone.

Neh, neh, neh, neh, neh, neh.

• #1,189
Oh don't worry Rae! I'll save it when I get back!:p

• #1,190
No. No. Have some compassion. Let the poor old thing die a peaceful death. It's the humane thing to do.

[She pleaded, tears forming in her big, brown eyes.]

• #1,191
Oh, no... don't you pull the puppy dog eyes trick on US!

• #1,192
Shucks! That's my best trick.

What if I make my bottom lip quiver?

• #1,193
Oh it may work on your husband and kids Rae... but we got ya pegged! ;)

• #1,194
Sorry, even actual tears won't work!

See.... we all pull the same tricks. So they don't work on us. Too bad.

• #1,195
Curses! Foiled again!

• #1,196
I was sitting here wondering I got a request from the Make a Wish Foundation and the wish was that I would be the last post on this thread so that it would end, would that work?

If not, can't blame a guy for trying

• #1,197
Bwa ha ha ha ha ha....

• #1,198
Nice try Jason, but even a "dying" wish from a guy that is willing to cook for me won't do :)

• #1,199
Sorry, I don't respond well to guilt or sympathy. I'm a cold-hearted . . .

• #1,200
raebates said:
Sorry, I don't respond well to guilt or sympathy. I'm a cold-hearted . . .

...cook, right Rae... you're a cold-hearted cook :D

<h2>1. What is the Thread Killers Club and how do I join?</h2><p>The Thread Killers Club is a group for people who have a tendency to "kill" online forum threads by being the last person to comment, resulting in no further discussion. To join, simply search for the Thread Killers Club forum and request to join.</p><h2>2. How do you know if you are a thread killer?</h2><p>If you consistently find yourself being the last person to comment on forum threads, or if you notice a lack of responses after you post, it's likely that you are a thread killer. Don't worry, it's a common phenomenon!</p><h2>3. Can being a thread killer be a good thing?</h2><p>Yes, being a thread killer can have its benefits. You may be the person who sparks a new topic or provides a conclusive answer to a question. Plus, being a thread killer can also be a source of humor and self-awareness.</p><h2>4. How can I break the cycle of being a thread killer?</h2><p>One way to break the cycle is to actively engage in discussions and ask open-ended questions to encourage others to participate. You can also try to be the first to comment on a new thread instead of waiting until the end.</p><h2>5. Are there any other thread killers in the Pampered Chef community?</h2><p>There may be other thread killers in the community, but don't let that discourage you! The Thread Killers Club is a fun and supportive space for all thread killers, so feel free to embrace your fate and join the club.</p>

Related to Join the Thread Killers Club and Embrace Your Fate!

1. What is the Thread Killers Club and how do I join?

The Thread Killers Club is a group for people who have a tendency to "kill" online forum threads by being the last person to comment, resulting in no further discussion. To join, simply search for the Thread Killers Club forum and request to join.

2. How do you know if you are a thread killer?

If you consistently find yourself being the last person to comment on forum threads, or if you notice a lack of responses after you post, it's likely that you are a thread killer. Don't worry, it's a common phenomenon!

3. Can being a thread killer be a good thing?

Yes, being a thread killer can have its benefits. You may be the person who sparks a new topic or provides a conclusive answer to a question. Plus, being a thread killer can also be a source of humor and self-awareness.

4. How can I break the cycle of being a thread killer?

One way to break the cycle is to actively engage in discussions and ask open-ended questions to encourage others to participate. You can also try to be the first to comment on a new thread instead of waiting until the end.

5. Are there any other thread killers in the Pampered Chef community?

There may be other thread killers in the community, but don't let that discourage you! The Thread Killers Club is a fun and supportive space for all thread killers, so feel free to embrace your fate and join the club.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ShellBeach
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
Replies
Views
Ashery
  • mrssyvo
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service