• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Join the Thread Killers Club and Embrace Your Fate!

In summary, the conversation discusses the thread killers and how they often act. One person talks about how they are a thread killer on another forum and another person talks about how they are a thread killer on a Mac forum. Finally, someone talks about being a thread killer again.
  • #2,551
katie0128 said:
WOW! Almost 24 hours without a post... guess all you grandmas are out having fun!
I WAS out havng fun! Loving up that new granddaughter in WI!! She is the cutest baby around!! Rivals her big brother. He calls her "my baby sis-ter". - won't say her name yet.

I think they're waiting to decide exactly what to call her (Samantha, Sam, Sammie... - the spelling of Sammie is an issue too Sami, Sammie, Sammi, Samie) until he starts using her name. Their dad is named William and his older brother said "Widdy" and that's what has stuck to this day. Whatever it ends up being, it's Sammie (my spelling) right now and she is adorable!! I had a great time with all 6 of them (5 girls now and 1 boy aged 13- 1month). I miss them already - is it Thanksgiving yet?

• #2,552
chefann said:
Uncle Neal was born when he was 5?! I wouldn't want to be grandma - carrying a baby for 69 months!

Ahh, my literal friend. Basic grammar error. :blushing: Shawn was 5 when Uncle Neal was born.

Do I get half credit for the correction?

• #2,553
You all are reminding me of You've Got Mail

• #2,554
raebates said:
Ahh, my literal friend. Basic grammar error. :blushing: Shawn was 5 when Uncle Neal was born.

Do I get half credit for the correction?
You do.

I just had to jump in on that one, substituting for KG today.

• #2,555
You'll need more facial hair for that.

• #2,556
More facial hair, and 20 years. :D

Note to self: delete this post before KG logs on next.

• #2,557
raebates said:
Hey, this thing is dead. Go away! :(

Tina, my son's Uncle Neal was only 5 when he was born. Neal was born the day before The Furry Guy's 17th birthday. There's less age difference between him and his uncle than between him and his first cousin.

My youngest brother (Ben) is 12 years younger than me and never really understood the age difference... until I had my first DS (Kyle)... when Ben was 12. All of a sudden the significant age difference between Ben and I became MUCH more apparent to him!

• #2,558
That's very nice. So, now, go away and let this thread die a nice, quiet death.

• #2,559
katie0128 said:
My youngest brother (Ben) is 12 years younger than me and never really understood the age difference... until I had my first DS (Kyle)... when Ben was 12. All of a sudden the significant age difference between Ben and I became MUCH more apparent to him!

Katie,

Are there any siblings between you and him. There is 12 years between my middle child and my youngest. I will have one child in College (1st year), one graduating high school, and one graduating kindergarten in the same summer. Nothing in between, so I will be starting with school all over again, only like brand new, because everything will have changed by the time my youngest starts kindergarten. I think if I had children between, then it would be a continuation of the same thing, but because there are none, then it is like starting all over again. So much has changed in the last few years.

• #2,560
Me; 2 years later - my sister; 8 years later - my 1st brother; 2 years later - my 2nd brother = 12 years between the youngest and oldest. We got to know the teachers at our elementary school REALLY well... and two of them (my 1st and 2nd grade teachers) came to my wedding!

• #2,561
My 17 year olds second grade teacher did say she hopes to have my youngest in her last year of teaching. No teachers at my wedding though.

• #2,562
All four of us kids had the same kindergarten teacher and between all of us, I think we had almost every teacher in the school - even over the 12 years!
We have a picture of the four of us with our kindergarten teacher the year I graduated high school and the youngest of us "graduated" kindergarten... it is a neat one to have!

• #2,563
Just hopping in the get the last word.

• #2,564
No way... Not gonna happen!

• #2,565
raebates said:
Just hopping in the get the last word.

Well then, just hop on back out again!

• #2,566
I did, but I'm like a bad penny. I always return.

• #2,567
Just checking in to revive this thread! :indif:

• #2,568
:love: I thought I would jump on the bandwagon.

• #2,570
Have fun on the ride!

• #2,571
Maybe I should have waited for a quieter time to post here - lol. Don't you guys have to go make dinner or something? :rolleyes:

• #2,572
Nope - no such luck for you... we ate a late lunch and then I made a pan of warm nutty caramel brownies. Two of the critters are still napping, the other is playing a DVD and DH is gone for the rest of the night. I've got nothin'... except to hang out here and make sure you don't kill this!

• #2,573
I'm looking for an idea for a quick and easy dinner. I don't have the 29 minute recipes book so I can't check there. Any ideas???

• #2,574
Asian pork (or chicken) noodle skillet
10-min pork tenderloin
Chicken parmesan (not PC, but my family loves it)

• #2,575
:blushing: Thanks for the ideas, but I've decided to go out. I'm soooo bad!!!!

• #2,576
You're not bad, so you are conserving a limited energy source so that you will have a larger portion to give to your family. See... you are doing this for THEM... aren't you so generous???

• #2,577
what a scareHello everyone
I just want to let you know that if you have any kids PLEASE make sure they have a helmet on even if they ride a razor scooter that you use your feet to push. On Weds my son Peter 12 was coming home on one of those scooters ,only 3 houses away ( he always wares his helmet ) this time he did not well he fell backwards right on his head he is ok now but 3 days in the hospital in the PIC unit in Yale . Hew was vomiting at least 2 doz times . he has a Concussion an a small scull fracture not one drip of blood though anywhere on his body
I am only telling you guys this cause I would never have thought this could happen with kind of toy like this
Please tell everyone you know it was very scary to have this happen Doreen Zaino

• #2,578
chef131doreen said:
Hello everyone
I just want to let you know that if you have any kids PLEASE make sure they have a helmet on even if they ride a razor scooter that you use your feet to push. On Weds my son Peter 12 was coming home on one of those scooters ,only 3 houses away ( he always wares his helmet ) this time he did not well he fell backwards right on his head he is ok now but 3 days in the hospital in the PIC unit in Yale . Hew was vomiting at least 2 doz times . he has a Concussion an a small scull fracture not one drip of blood though anywhere on his body
I am only telling you guys this cause I would never have thought this could happen with kind of toy like this
Please tell everyone you know it was very scary to have this happen Doreen Zaino

that's aweful... thank you for letting us know.
i pray everything turns out good with your son, i couldn't imagine being in your shoes, i'm sorry.

• #2,579
I am so sorry to hear about your son Doreen. Please keep us posted on how he is doing.

• #2,580
Thanks he's really doing great now he still wants to sleep a bit more but that ok we the follow up today thanks for your wishes

• #2,581
Keep us posted on his progress!! I wish you all the best.

• #2,582
Things like this are so hard on everyone. Please know that we have him and you in our prayers!

• #2,583
WOW! Doreen, I know how scary concussions can be. My (at the time) 6yo fell while WALKING - not running, skipping, jumping, or even speed walking - on the sidewalk. We are not sure if he lost consciousness, but if it was he was only about for about 15 seconds or so... I was inside and came out when I heard the girl he was playing with yelling frantically. DS was slightly altered and after he vomited a bunch, just wanted to sleep. I woke him up every hour and he knew where he was, but didn't remember the fall and no more vomiting. The next morning (he fell early evening on Saturday) he started vomiting again and didn't stop... so off we went to Children's ER. Of course, once we got there he stopped, was perfectly fine and was his normal goofy self. We did a CT scan, blood work and various other tests and he was FINE. After the RN gave us the discharge instructions, I made the mistake of cutting his arm band off as we walked out of the ER. Of course within seconds he started vomiting again and we ended up spending the night - IV, cardiac monitor, second CT, yada, yada, yada! By the next morning, he was fine, back to doing math problems (for some reason he finds this fun!) and cracking jokes with the residents. This time I didn't cut his arm band off until we were home and he had kept food down for 24 hours!! To this day, he doesn't remember about 10 minutes before the fall until about 2 hours after it.

• #2,584
I need to call my granddaughter and remind her that the helmet is not an option with her razor. She bought it when visiting me - I would feel absolutely terrible if she fell.

• #2,585
How come my star isn't blue???:( I'm over 5000??? :grumpy: Some one else is at 5195 and she's blue so it would be an odd number if not 5000.:confused:

• #2,586
The stripper star was recently changed to 850, so I think there was another secret, unannounced change to the star requirements.

• #2,587
I'm with you, Beth. I was a bit disappointed that I didn't turn blue at 5,000.

• #2,588
I don't understand why they have to change the numbers - just add new colors for higher posters.

It's all Ann's fault for being such a post slut! :p ...actually I think that Greg should just give her a special star instead of raising the bar for the rest of us since no one will ever be able to catch up with her. lol:eek:

• #2,589
I agree with you on that one, Beth. Not just for me, but increasing the posts required actually increases the amount of "garbage" posting as people see that they didn't get the star they thought they would. eBay has lots of stars - no reason why we couldn't, too.

• #2,590
Is there a listing somewhere of the stars and # of posts required?

• #2,590
No. We just get surprised when we hit the magic number - especially since it keeps changing. They changed pink just before I got there and now blue changed just before I got there too. lol

• #2,591
No. We just get surprised when we hit the magic number - especially since it keeps changing.

• #2,592
So what color do I get next?

• #2,593
Someone had a thread asking about it, since they had just hit 800 and had no star. I took a snoop in the Member Listing, checking the stars of people who had 800-900 posts. It looked like the Stripper Star changed to 850.

Carolyn has 5195 posts and a blue star, so I bet that one's at 5100 now.

• #2,594
Katie, you'll get pink. Sometime between 2482 and 2652 (since those are the post counts of the person with the most posts and a yellow star, and the person with the fewest posts and a pink star).

• #2,595
I should be feeling blue sometime soon, then.

• #2,596
chefann said:
Someone had a thread asking about it, since they had just hit 800 and had no star. I took a snoop in the Member Listing, checking the stars of people who had 800-900 posts. It looked like the Stripper Star changed to 850.

Carolyn has 5195 posts and a blue star, so I bet that one's at 5100 now.

How did you get to the member list?

• #2,597
Posting just to get the last word in.

• #2,599
katie0128 said:
How did you get to the member list?
You can either use the link in my previous post, or you can go to User CP > Buddy and Ignore Lists. Then on the bottom of that page, there's a link to view the complete member listing.

• #2,600
I know I can click your link (duh... that's why you posted it!) but I'm AR and need to know how to do it myself.:D

<h2>1. What is the Thread Killers Club and how do I join?</h2><p>The Thread Killers Club is a group for people who have a tendency to "kill" online forum threads by being the last person to comment, resulting in no further discussion. To join, simply search for the Thread Killers Club forum and request to join.</p><h2>2. How do you know if you are a thread killer?</h2><p>If you consistently find yourself being the last person to comment on forum threads, or if you notice a lack of responses after you post, it's likely that you are a thread killer. Don't worry, it's a common phenomenon!</p><h2>3. Can being a thread killer be a good thing?</h2><p>Yes, being a thread killer can have its benefits. You may be the person who sparks a new topic or provides a conclusive answer to a question. Plus, being a thread killer can also be a source of humor and self-awareness.</p><h2>4. How can I break the cycle of being a thread killer?</h2><p>One way to break the cycle is to actively engage in discussions and ask open-ended questions to encourage others to participate. You can also try to be the first to comment on a new thread instead of waiting until the end.</p><h2>5. Are there any other thread killers in the Pampered Chef community?</h2><p>There may be other thread killers in the community, but don't let that discourage you! The Thread Killers Club is a fun and supportive space for all thread killers, so feel free to embrace your fate and join the club.</p>

Related to Join the Thread Killers Club and Embrace Your Fate!

1. What is the Thread Killers Club and how do I join?

The Thread Killers Club is a group for people who have a tendency to "kill" online forum threads by being the last person to comment, resulting in no further discussion. To join, simply search for the Thread Killers Club forum and request to join.

2. How do you know if you are a thread killer?

If you consistently find yourself being the last person to comment on forum threads, or if you notice a lack of responses after you post, it's likely that you are a thread killer. Don't worry, it's a common phenomenon!

3. Can being a thread killer be a good thing?

Yes, being a thread killer can have its benefits. You may be the person who sparks a new topic or provides a conclusive answer to a question. Plus, being a thread killer can also be a source of humor and self-awareness.

4. How can I break the cycle of being a thread killer?

One way to break the cycle is to actively engage in discussions and ask open-ended questions to encourage others to participate. You can also try to be the first to comment on a new thread instead of waiting until the end.

5. Are there any other thread killers in the Pampered Chef community?

There may be other thread killers in the community, but don't let that discourage you! The Thread Killers Club is a fun and supportive space for all thread killers, so feel free to embrace your fate and join the club.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ShellBeach
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
Replies
Views
Ashery
  • mrssyvo
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service