• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Join the Thread Killers Club and Embrace Your Fate!

In summary, the conversation discusses the thread killers and how they often act. One person talks about how they are a thread killer on another forum and another person talks about how they are a thread killer on a Mac forum. Finally, someone talks about being a thread killer again.
  • #2,451
chefjeanine said:
Could I sneek up on it and kill this thread?

Perhaps I'll just kill it with my awful spelling.

When will spell check be available?:rolleyes:

• #2,452
Jeanine, there is a spell check. Look to the upper right of the Quick Reply box. It looks like a missing picture icon, but it's actually a button for spell check. :)

and as a thank you for that information, you can just let me kill this. :D

• #2,453
raebates said:
Yes, but even a lowly secretary can revive this puppy.

There is nothing lowly about being a secretary... if there is, then lump me with the other lowly secretaries as well... I've been an secretary/admin assist/office manager (had even actually have my degree in O.M.) for the past 10 years!

• #2,454
chefann said:
Jeanine, there is a spell check. Look to the upper right of the Quick Reply box. It looks like a missing picture icon, but it's actually a button for spell check. :)

Wow, do I feel like an idiot. . .:rolleyes:

Thank you for the information Ann, but that still doesn't mean I'm going to let you kill this thread.

So, I clicked on the spell check button and it wants me to download something. . .is this correct? And which "mirror" should I choose:

(Primary Mirror) CNET Download.com
(Secondary Mirror) SimTel
(Secondary Mirror) Major Geeks
(US Mirror) hostultra
(UK Mirror) acrosslimits

• #2,455
I don't know if that's correct. I never actually downloaded it myself. :D

That strikes me as hilarious for some reason.

I do know that the Firefox browser has a built in spell check. That's what I use at home. (the browser, not the spell check)

• #2,456
chefjeanine said:
Wow, do I feel like an idiot. . .:rolleyes:

Thank you for the information Ann, but that still doesn't mean I'm going to let you kill this thread.

So, I clicked on the spell check button and it wants me to download something. . .is this correct? And which "mirror" should I choose:

(Primary Mirror) CNET Download.com
(Secondary Mirror) SimTel
(Secondary Mirror) Major Geeks
(US Mirror) hostultra
(UK Mirror) acrosslimits
I downloaded that the first time I tried using it and it worked but then the next time I tried to use it it asked me to download again so I just gave up and hoped that my spelling is at least figure outable.

• #2,457
BethCooks4U said:
I downloaded that the first time I tried using it and it worked but then the next time I tried to use it it asked me to download again so I just gave up and hoped that my spelling is at least figure outable.

Thanks Beth, I think that's what I'm going to do. I'm leery of adding more stuff to my computer. Usually if I have a lot to type, I'll do it in Word and just cut and paste.

• #2,458
No problem. Glad I could help.:p

• #2,459
I can see that you thought a discussion about spelling could kill this thread. Nice try.

And, for those who rushed to assure me of the value of secretaries, thank you. I am actually proud to had spent that vast majority of my working life as a secretary. It's an honorable (if undervalued) profession. If you doubt the importance of secretaries, consider this. Often business at a company will carry on as usual for days, even weeks, with all of the "bosses" out for various meetings/events. If the secretaries are all out at once (which rarely happens, since the bosses know better), things come to a stand-still.

• #2,460
raebates said:
I can see that you thought a discussion about spelling could kill this thread. Nice try.

It was worth a shot.

• #2,461
Hey, we'll try anything once.

Or twice, or three times....

• #2,462
Well, we're down to a faithful few here, so I guess that makes us the most, ummm, persistent. :)

• #2,463
Persistent is a much better word than pig-headed. Which is what I would have used there.
:D

• #2,464
'Ay Carumba!!! 12 hours and no posts --- this thing was circling the drain. Good thing I decided to jump on and not make my TTO (3-2-1... just fewer characters to type) calls. Ann might have killed it all together! Whew! Everyone can now utter a collective sigh of relief and congratulate me on such a wonderful save!

• #2,465
Good Job Katie... I was looking for it earlier and got side tracked!

Now as Beth says.... Go Away so I can kill it!

• #2,467
etteluap70PC said:
Good Job Katie... I was looking for it earlier and got side tracked!

Now as Beth says.... Go Away so I can kill it!

I did, but only for long enough to tease you... Now I'M BAAAAAAACK!!!

• #2,468
Just checking in.

• #2,469
sure you are.......

• #2,470
Uh huh. Why else would I be on this thread?:confused: :p

• #2,471
to make me "~CRAZY~"

You Know I want to kill it!

• #2,472
We all have to live with disappointments sometimes.

And this is yours. :p

• #2,473
Well..... Hmph.... If you are going to be that way about it!

Maybee I don't want to play anymore!

• #2,474
GREAT!!!

That was my evil plan all along! he-he-he

• #2,476
Not a woman of your words, huh?

RATS!

• #2,477
Acually I said Maybee so technically I did not break my word.

That being said...... I was always told it was a womans right to change her mind.....

Now stop following me!!!

Love ya Beth! :D

• #2,478
I'm not a follower.

But I do intend to be the last one to be on this thread so you might as well give up.

• #2,479
BethCooks4U said:
I'm not a follower.

But I do intend to be the last one to be on this thread so you might as well give up.

I'm proud to be a follower... espeically when I follow someone on this thread. And so sorry about your luck, Beth!

• #2,480
Well, I'm still not a follower - I lead whoever feels they must post on this thread after me.

I'm also a glass is half full person.

• #2,481
BethCooks4U said:
Well, I'm still not a follower - I lead whoever feels they must post on this thread after me.

I'm also a glass is half full person.

What a surprise Beth!

Actually, I am not surprised at all. I could always tell you are a glass is half full person. I am too. It kind of took me a while to realize that, but I am what I am and that is what I am.

• #2,482
ChefLisa said:
Actually, I am not surprised at all. I could always tell you are a glass is half full person. I am too. It kind of took me a while to realize that, but I am what I am and that is what I am.
You're Popeye the Sailor Man!??:p

• #2,483
BethCooks4U said:
You're Popeye the Sailor Man!??:p

Toot toot...I'm strong to the finish, cause I eat my spinach, I'm Popeye the Sailor Man! Toot toot!

• #2,484
ChefLisa said:
I'm a "you used too large a glass" person. :D

• #2,485
I'm an "ooh, water would really hit the spot" person.

• #2,486
raebates said:
I'm an "ooh, water would really hit the spot" person.
Does that make you a, "Look! I need a refill!" person? LOL

• #2,487
Absolutely! I always want more.

• #2,488
and more.... and more...... and more......

• #2,489
You know me so well, Paulette. :)

• #2,490
ummm ok ya... I was talkin about you... :rolleyes:

• #2,491
You mean it's NOT all about me? Huh.

• #2,492
Wait! I thought it was all about me!!!

• #2,493
what Katie said......

;)

• #2,494
Well, at least I know I'm not alone in my delusions. ;)

• #2,495
nope not at all!

Wait what were we talking about???

• #2,496
I have no idea, but the thread's still alive. :(

• #2,497
Yayyyyy!!! Woohoo!!!!!!!!

• #2,498
Wait, isn't the idea to kill this thread? I think we may be going about this the wrong way. You guys need to just stop responding to my inane comments here and let this thing die.

Seriously.

With this post.

Just let it die.

• #2,499
This post?

• #2,500
No, my post.

<h2>1. What is the Thread Killers Club and how do I join?</h2><p>The Thread Killers Club is a group for people who have a tendency to "kill" online forum threads by being the last person to comment, resulting in no further discussion. To join, simply search for the Thread Killers Club forum and request to join.</p><h2>2. How do you know if you are a thread killer?</h2><p>If you consistently find yourself being the last person to comment on forum threads, or if you notice a lack of responses after you post, it's likely that you are a thread killer. Don't worry, it's a common phenomenon!</p><h2>3. Can being a thread killer be a good thing?</h2><p>Yes, being a thread killer can have its benefits. You may be the person who sparks a new topic or provides a conclusive answer to a question. Plus, being a thread killer can also be a source of humor and self-awareness.</p><h2>4. How can I break the cycle of being a thread killer?</h2><p>One way to break the cycle is to actively engage in discussions and ask open-ended questions to encourage others to participate. You can also try to be the first to comment on a new thread instead of waiting until the end.</p><h2>5. Are there any other thread killers in the Pampered Chef community?</h2><p>There may be other thread killers in the community, but don't let that discourage you! The Thread Killers Club is a fun and supportive space for all thread killers, so feel free to embrace your fate and join the club.</p>

Related to Join the Thread Killers Club and Embrace Your Fate!

1. What is the Thread Killers Club and how do I join?

The Thread Killers Club is a group for people who have a tendency to "kill" online forum threads by being the last person to comment, resulting in no further discussion. To join, simply search for the Thread Killers Club forum and request to join.

2. How do you know if you are a thread killer?

If you consistently find yourself being the last person to comment on forum threads, or if you notice a lack of responses after you post, it's likely that you are a thread killer. Don't worry, it's a common phenomenon!

3. Can being a thread killer be a good thing?

Yes, being a thread killer can have its benefits. You may be the person who sparks a new topic or provides a conclusive answer to a question. Plus, being a thread killer can also be a source of humor and self-awareness.

4. How can I break the cycle of being a thread killer?

One way to break the cycle is to actively engage in discussions and ask open-ended questions to encourage others to participate. You can also try to be the first to comment on a new thread instead of waiting until the end.

5. Are there any other thread killers in the Pampered Chef community?

There may be other thread killers in the community, but don't let that discourage you! The Thread Killers Club is a fun and supportive space for all thread killers, so feel free to embrace your fate and join the club.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ShellBeach
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
Replies
Views
Ashery
  • mrssyvo
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service